PDA

View Full Version : SB Defense question

ElSapo
07-18-2005, 07:51 AM
Five-handed, 3/6 at Absolute. No one is horrible, not one is standing out at as exceptional here. There are some loose steal raises, but that's normal.

UTG folds, and CO raises and I'm in the SB with A7s.

Fold, call or raise? BB is average - a raise will likely fold him, a call or 50-50 he'll call also.

xLukex
07-18-2005, 09:59 AM
If it's 1/3 structure I will fold a LOT. I would fold here.

If he steals over and over and BB isn't doing his part to stop him from stealing, then you can start playing back at him with hands like this.

aslowjoe
07-18-2005, 10:51 AM
Definetly a fold. You still have to put in 5/6 of a BB. I am folding anything that I wouldn't 3bet on the button or cutoff.With a better hand it is always a reraise if there is any chance the BB will fold.

JrJordan
07-18-2005, 12:54 PM
I fold as well having to essentially cold call out of position with this blind structure. 4 handed it'd be closer to borderline for a 3-bet because his raising range is so wide.

ElSapo
07-18-2005, 02:35 PM
Folding A7s to a steal...

Is this a fold mostly b/c I'm in the SB? His range of hands is probably huge here, but the main problem seems to be out of position, basically cold-calling?

Thanks for everyone's input here - I think the SB, especially at 3/6, is causing me some problems. Especially when short, and you have to be in so many pots, I think I'm too loose from the SB.

StellarWind
07-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Raise-or-fold. I consider this to be close. My default against a cutoff who steals as much as I do is to 3-bet A8s. If I thought cutoff had a significantly wider range I would 3-bet additional hands.