PDA

View Full Version : Help, feel sick and think I've sustained an injury (very long)

tbach24
07-18-2005, 07:39 AM
Edit- I'm more concerned with the leg and that's closer to the bottom so you don't have to read anything, unless you want to answer the sickness question as well. And even then you don't, but you might have to skim.

Previous to the day, I didn't feel sick at all and nothing in my body hurt, and I also hated running a lot. I'll be giving a background which may or may not be relevant, but I decided that I'd answer any and all questions to my issue beforehand. Some of it is somewhat gross also, so you've been warned.

Background: Woke up yesterday morning at 9:30 by brother leaving for work for a week who wants to say goodbye, fall back asleep at 10:15, wake back up at 11:30. I then go for a 2 mile run (2 sprints, one up a hill, one from like 50 yards away from my house). This is followed by pilates. It wasn't the isolated pilates which I like and lasts for 30 minutes, but the 10 minute "total body" one (as opposed to the other one which is isolated on abs, buns and thighs). I finish this, shower and eat 3 eggs with ketchup.

After this, I play poker for a little while online, then go out to lunch and have a hamburger, followed up by a little live (which isn't to be taken seriously and I often use it to tilt). This is followed up by two friends coming back to play video games and play pitch (great game btw). After finishing this, they go home. I estimate they left my house at 8:30. I eat two turkey sausages on buns with mustard and then read.

At 9:45 I get a call from my friend who says that he and another friend want to go out to Dunkin Donuts. At DD's, I get a sausage, egg, and cheese on an onion bagel and a medium iced coffee with milk and sugar, which is standard for me. We stay there until about 10:45, at which point we return to my house.

We are at my house until 1 when we decide we want to go back to Dunkin Donuts. At Dunkin Donuts I get a raspberry iced tea from lipton or some other company. We then decide to play pitch and are there until 5:30. At this point, we all decide to go home. I try sleeping for 15 minutes, decide I can't and decide I want to go for a run. I gather up all my stuff and am ready to leave by 5:45, but then my mom wakes up. My mom asks why I'm up at such an odd hour (my usual sleep schedule is like 3AM-12PM) and I go "had coffee which I haven't in awhile so I'm pretty wired." She says okay and then freaks out at me for leaving her alone (there were a couple cop cars roaming the neighborhood at like 9). She finally lets me go and I am off at 6. Instead of a normal run, I decide to do a run where I do a 15 second jog, followed by a 30 second sprint, followed by a 15 second jog, followed by a 20 second walking recovery, with stretching if I need it. It came out to 3 miles (I usually do 2-2.5)

I finish my run and am sweatier and more exhausted than I've been in memory. I also decide that I really like this workout routine and am feeling good about running for the first time. I then do stretching (quads, calfs, groin and hamstrings).

I then go to work on pilates (today is the 30 minute "isolated abs, buns and thighs" one I like). I am about to begin it and my stomach starts to kill, and I feel like I'm going to throw up/dirrhea. Neither happens. I get like 4 minutes into the pilates routine and I get the most painful experience in my upper thigh.

http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/8446/leg2cs.png

That's where the pain is and it's like a burning pain. It happened on an exercise where my legs were bent up from the waist, and then forward from the knee and during the exercise I bend my legs to the side towards the ground and back up. It hurt going up and down to the left side (on the left leg btw).

So basically I'm asking you why I felt so sick and why my leg hurt so much. All the information I gave previous to this is just to fill you in on what's happened in the past 24ish hours because I felt fine before and now I feel sick and my leg hurts like a mofo.

Thanks for any info.

SpicyF
07-18-2005, 07:45 AM
Clearly Diablo was wrong.

THE POST ABOVE THIS IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF INTERNET BANDWIDTH.

MrFeelNothin
07-18-2005, 07:45 AM
You must be on a diet.

tbach24
07-18-2005, 07:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he actually stopped liking me because he kicked me out of his special chat room.

stigmata
07-18-2005, 07:47 AM
Er, you ate a ton of junk food which made you feel sick, and then did some muscle damage?

tbach24
07-18-2005, 07:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Er, you ate a ton of junk food which made you feel sick, and then did some muscle damage?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a breakfast sandwich, which I've eaten a lot of and they've never made me feel unwell. The rest of the food I ate weren't that bad.

Edit- the hamburger isn't great, but isn't awful. The turkey sausages are soemwhat healthy. And eggs are good for you. So I don't understand the "diet sucks" or whatever.

diebitter
You are what you eat, fellah, so eat better.

I guess, however, that makes me a p_ssy...

Danenania
Drink water/gatorade and eat bananas. Welcome to the wonderful world of exercise.

MrFeelNothin
07-18-2005, 07:51 AM
Stop giving him helpful advice. He just wants attention.

zoomOut
07-18-2005, 07:53 AM
(1) possibly appendicitis? If it persists get it checked out.

(2) you've way over done the exercising thing. What the hell is wrong with you?

(3) Isn't your mom a doctor or something?

(4) Get some common sense. So much stretching has resulted in various pulled muscles and you are paying the price.

tbach24
07-18-2005, 07:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Stop giving him helpful advice. He just wants attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, attention from a group of people I don't know and will likely never meet on an gambling forum are exactly the people I crave attention from.

jason_t
07-18-2005, 07:57 AM
Looks like you're in quite the tbachle!

tbach24
07-18-2005, 07:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(1) possibly appendicitis? If it persists get it checked out.
(3) Isn't your mom a doctor or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

My dad's a doctor and I've been sick a lot over the past year (5 weeks total in winter, 1 week this summer) but all of my doctor's refuse to take out my appendix despite my dad's pleading with them. He gets home from work in like an hour but he would be very bothered if I disturbed his post-work regiment (he's extremely OCD). Also, he's usually wrong when he tries to access what's wrong with me because I used to fake sick a lot.

[ QUOTE ]
(2) you've way over done the exercising thing. What the hell is wrong with you?
(4) Get some common sense. So much stretching has resulted in various pulled muscles and you are paying the price.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been running for 5 weeks now. I don't think I've overdone it. Also, isn't stretching supposed to fix your muscles and loosen them up?

Edit- he's also not a physical therapist or a muscle doctor or anything, which is what I'm more concerned about. Has anyone had a similar thing? Let's get off the whole eating thing (even though I asked for it and am sorry about that).

tbach24
07-18-2005, 07:58 AM
So unoriginal. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=2890155&Fo rum=&Words=tbachle&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=2889 964&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&ne werval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev =#Post2890155)

zoomOut
07-18-2005, 08:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I finish my run and am sweatier and more exhausted than I've been in memory. I also decide that I really like this workout routine and am feeling good about running for the first time. I then do stretching (quads, calfs, groin and hamstrings).

I then go to work on pilates (today is the 30 minute "isolated abs, buns and thighs" one I like).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no expert in anything but it sounds to me like you've PULLED A MUSCLE. Quit exercising for a week and give it time to heal. Also, stretching can be a good thing unless you overdo it. PILATES? Isn't that all about extreme stretching or something?

You sound like a nice kid but maybe a little hypochondriacal. Chew on that for awhile.

jason_t
07-18-2005, 08:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So unoriginal. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=2890155&Fo rum=&Words=tbachle&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=2889 964&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&ne werval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev =#Post2890155)

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, you don't get what happened. Sigh.

stigmata
07-18-2005, 08:23 AM
3 eggs with ketchup
hamburger
two turkey sausages on buns with mustard
sausage, egg, and cheese on an onion bagel

F.uck-a-doodle-doo.

It's all processed meat, dairy procucts and bread. If this is your normal diet, it's incredibly unhealthy. The calories are off the scale, it's high in cholesterol and virtually deficient in nutrients. I'm glad you do all that exercise, because you would be a fat [censored] otherwise. I'm not flaming, just being totally honest.

American's understand about this >< much about diet.

Fresh fruit and veg anyone? Organic meat, if you must?

Ulysses
07-18-2005, 08:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he actually stopped liking me because he kicked me out of his special chat room.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I don't remember doing that. Did you do something stupid?

jakethebake
07-18-2005, 08:53 AM
You ate a bunch of fast food so the sick part could've been any one of those things. I don't know about the leg thing. Sounds like you pulled or tore something. That diagram looks like the same muscle that my wife stretched from being pregnant.

BigD226
07-18-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

It's a breakfast sandwich, which I've eaten a lot of and they've never made me feel unwell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, if a cornerstone of your diet is Dunkin Donuts breakfast sandwiches, no wonder you feel like crap.
See for yourself. (https://www.dunkindonuts.com/aboutus/nutrition/Product.aspx?Category=Breakfast%20Sandwiches&id=DD-776)

[ QUOTE ]
The rest of the food I ate weren't that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they were. Eggs are fine, in moderation of course...but I didn't see a single healthy thing on your list other than that.

[ QUOTE ]
Edit- the hamburger isn't great, but isn't awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Serving Size: 7.6 oz • 1 hamburger
Amount Per Serving
Calories 605.32 Calories from Fat 343
Total Fat 38.09g
Cholesterol 127.57mg
Sodium 332.01mg
Total Carbohydrate 27.35g
Protein 34.98g

Yep, not bad at all. :P

[ QUOTE ]
So I don't understand the "diet sucks" or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me there's little mystery why you don't feel well. If this is your normal diet, you're on a fast track for all kinds of problems, no matter how much you exercise.