PDA

View Full Version : 99 needs a plan

Danenania
07-18-2005, 06:13 AM
Party 10/20 6-handed.

Awful MP open limps, Awful CO limps, I raise 9s9h in the SB, BB who is a pretty solid tag (26/14 after 100 hands) 3-bets. Everyone calls. 4 players for 12 sb's.

Flop: 4s,5s,7d. What the heck do I do?

NLSoldier
07-18-2005, 06:16 AM
I think my standard line would be bet the flop, hoping BB raises, and then calling and donking the turn, and calling down if raised again.

etizzle
07-18-2005, 06:17 AM
you bet, hopefully he raises.

you 3 bet if he caps fold turn UI (if he is very solid and not very tricky). If he calls flop 3 bet then bet it out all the way and fold to any more raises, check fold if an A drops.

i iike beer

Danenania
07-18-2005, 06:21 AM
What if we are fairly sure the BB would never raise with overcards unless they are big spades? Seems to hurt the case for a flop lead.

etizzle
07-18-2005, 06:27 AM
yeah if we know that than we should probably check, if someone else raises the BBs inevitable bet than we check 3-bet.

If everyone calls then i like just calling and betting out a good turn and folding to a raise from the BB tightass

aslowjoe
07-18-2005, 11:00 AM
When looking at your hand this one I played yesterday. I led out figuring UTG would raise and I got a bonus. When in doubt bet.

Party Poker (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG folds, Button folds, SB folds.

Final Pot:

JrJordan
07-18-2005, 12:49 PM
I bet out hoping that solid TAG autoraises to clear is overcard outs. That will charge the awful players 6:1 each to call when you have a nice equity edge. If 1 or both of the limpers call, then I'd also 3-bet on the flop to try and define what the TAG has. Depending on the TAG, if he caps I'd be able to call and fold the turn UI when he bets out again since he surly has an overpair. If he just calls, then you're most likely ahead in a very inflated pot and take it from there.

Should the limpers fold, I'd call the TAG's raise, and again reevaluate on the turn. If a rag comes I think the best play is a turn c/r with the intention of folding to a 3-bet.

Surfbullet
07-18-2005, 12:55 PM
If he is straightforward enough to not raise overcards then I'd check-call the flop and donkbet most turns - if he raises in this 4way pot we're beat, and it prevents possible free-cards by AK/AQ. It doesn't do much to protect our hand from the terrible players but a c/r does even less and will often give a free card.

Surf

Danenania
07-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Seems I was on the same page as everyone thus far.

I lead the flop. BB raises. Both lp's call 2 cold. I call.

Turn: 10s.

I donk. BB calls. One LP drops, one calls.

River: 2h.

I bet. BB calls. LP folds.

BB has QQ of course and hhig. Figure I am generally cooked on the river, but hey I did get to showdown for a decent price in this giant pot by doing most of the betting myself, and the bad player(s) who I'm certainly beating offer some overlay.

Lmn55d
07-18-2005, 01:31 PM
I like it, but am just wondering what you would do if raised on the turn or if the flop left it headsup with the BB. If headsup with BB I kind of like donkbetting the river(depending on the card) rather than donkbetting the turn if you fear a checkthrough.

NLSoldier
07-18-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems I was on the same page as everyone thus far.

I lead the flop. BB raises. Both lp's call 2 cold. I call.

Turn: 10s.

I donk. BB calls. One LP drops, one calls.

River: 2h.

I bet. BB calls. LP folds.

BB has QQ of course and hhig. Figure I am generally cooked on the river, but hey I did get to showdown for a decent price in this giant pot by doing most of the betting myself, and the bad player(s) who I'm certainly beating offer some overlay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats exactly why I like that line. He will often be scared to raise you again when you donk the turn, even when he has a big pair.