PDA

View Full Version : QJT9 on 889ds board

Burdzthewurd
07-18-2005, 05:21 AM
Omaha Hi $1-$1 PL (real money)

Seat 2: BB ($154.50 in chips)
Seat 5: Hero [J /images/graemlins/club.gif,10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif,9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($107 in chips)
Seat 7: Button ($37.25 in chips)
Seat 10: SB ($14.75 in chips)

PRE-FLOP
Hero bets $3, Button calls $3, SB folds, BB calls $2.

FLOP [board cards 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif,8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,8 /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
BB checks, Hero bets $4, Button calls $4, BB folds.

TURN [7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Hero bets $10, Button calls $10.

RIVER [9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Hero checks, Button checks.

I've been making a few 3-4xbb raises PF with big connectors, big pairs and connectors, medium 4-card runs, so I don't think they're putting me on AAxx everytime (haven't shown that down anyway).

Button is pretty straightforward, bought in for 1/2 a buy-in. He's yet to slowplay any big hands (any set, any two pair, any flush), hasn't raised preflop at all, not afraid to get it all-in with a set on a draw-heavy flop.

BB is somewhat-aggro, pots it when checked to him in the blinds and leads out for 1/2 pot on the flop usually. He usually intentionally times out instead of manually folding.

What am I to do on the flop? The crubs and paired 8s aren't hot at all, but I still have a decent wrap, though it might not be clean since people like middle-big runners 8-Q. I still think I should lead out so the BB doesn't take it away from me with trash.

Like I said, Button hasn't shown strength in slowplaying, ok to bet the turn here as well, am I an idiot for not fully potting it (I rarely do actually, usually aim for 60-85% to mix it up)?

River isn't that bad for me, I was going for an offensive check, I'd probably call a bet here in case he fires out a missed draw, but not likely. Did I miss a bet here badly? Meh /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

joewatch
07-18-2005, 01:01 PM
Since you raised preflop, this play looks fine to me. I put villain on trip 8s with your str8 a winner.

TheRempel
07-18-2005, 06:33 PM
I think your check on the end is fine. He may fire off a bet with a naked eight and unless he is a total donkey, he's not likely to call if he hasn't filled up. If he'd filled up before the river you likely would have been raised on the turn.

Spellmen
07-18-2005, 07:25 PM
I like a check/call on the end as well. It is very unlikely villain has filled, but you give him a chance to bet to try and push you out with something like A8xx