PDA

View Full Version : PP 11's vs 22's

jokerthief
07-18-2005, 04:59 AM
Is there much of a difference? I'm brand new to sng's but have been beating the ring games for a while now. I just switched to kill boredom and am wondering where to start. My bankroll is big enough for the 200's so I thought I would just jump straight to the 22's. I printed out AleoMagus's guide to the 11's and am surprised at how tight it is (especially since I've been playing 6 max lately). Is this also a good primer for the 22's or do they play differently? Sorry if this post is noobish but all my searches have been in vain.

Thanx,
jokerthief

HesseJam
07-18-2005, 05:45 AM
If you have the bankroll you might as well start at the 22s. I started at the 100s because I was bored and went back to the 20s because after reading this forum I knew that I didn't know what I was doing.

I played about 15 10+1s but didn't like them very much. I felt a bit lost. Thus I did not want to learn them to play just to later have to unlearn a couple of things when I move up. At the 22s there are more players at least TRYING to play better poker. So they are a bit more predictable.

pergesu
07-18-2005, 07:35 AM
Wow. 22s are full of donks (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2898238&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1). The players aren't ANY better than the 11s.

OP should just start off at whatever level he wants. I'd play some 11s to see how I feel with SNGs. If I thought I could beat em, I'd just move up to 22s to get some more money. But playing low allows you to get the cheapest lessons if you're a losing player. Which is what most players start off as.