PDA

View Full Version : 77 UTG, bet into on flop

irishpint
07-18-2005, 02:15 AM
I have him as a tight player and have seen nothing too fancy post flop, but i dont have enough hands to really live and die by my reads. i feel like a pussy bitch, but what are my options - either raise the flop, turn or call down? i wanted to fold the flop...thoughts?
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed)

http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.16 BB

irishpint
07-18-2005, 02:41 AM
is this just so standard...or bad?

MrTeddyKGB
07-18-2005, 02:47 AM
hard without a read. I would usuall raise this flop, bad turn card for your hand.

joker122
07-18-2005, 02:55 AM
i fold the flop. i don't push too hard in small pots where my equity is small.

mungpo
07-18-2005, 03:35 AM
Fold on the flop.

kapw7
07-18-2005, 03:50 AM
If he is tight/unimaginative then fold. If you think there is any possibility that he bets a draw or that he would C/R with a pair of kings then raise the flop.

Nick C
07-18-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he is tight/unimaginative then fold. If you think there is any possibility that he bets a draw or that he would C/R with a pair of kings then raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not even a favorite over some draws (A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, for instance), so I'm not sure "any possibility that he bets draws" is really good enough here.

When we're behind, we're way behind, but when we're currently ahead, we often won't be much of a favorite.

The pot's not empty, but it is pretty small. I'd probably just fold to the flop bet.

NLSoldier
07-18-2005, 04:46 AM
Given your flop call I think you have to raise on the turn.

When he bets into a card that is obviously scary for him considering you are the preflop raiser, he is very often either bet-folding or is on a draw. I Raise the turn and take a free showdown. This will charge him if he has a draw and may get him to fold a nine. I'm probably giving him way too much credit but the reason I think that if he has a pair, its a nine, is because a king would likely either CR the flop or check call the turn. Whereas a nine would probably still bet the turn because there are far more river cards that kill him, making the possible free card more risky.

redbeard
07-18-2005, 04:53 AM
my general line on an unread player in this situation is to raise the flop, fire again if checked to on the turn, and take the free showdown on the river. i'll fold to any further agression. so if he 3 bets the flop, leads out the turn or check raises the turn, or leads out the river, i'm done. i don't know what everyone else thinks, but it basically gets you to the showdown as cheaply as possible (2 bb -- 2sb on the flop and 1bb on the turn).

aK13
07-18-2005, 04:56 AM
I like to raise/fold the flop, bet/fold the turn, and check behind the river.