PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have links to K+S chart threads?

kuro
07-18-2005, 12:47 AM
Does anyone have links to threads on implementing K+S charts into your stt strategy or a search querry string so that I can find them myself.

I've been looking at the chart and now my aggression in sb/bb fights is really really high on the bubble, in the money, and near the bubble. I basically need to get a better understanding of what kind of edge I should pass up/can't afford to pass up depending on my relative stack size, folding equity, and stage of the tourney.

citanul
07-18-2005, 12:48 AM
the things you are asking about have nothing to do with the K/S rankings.

citanul

kuro
07-18-2005, 01:03 AM
That's what I was afraid of which is why I really need to read more on K+S especially when I read the thread yesterday where q6s is an obvious push from the sb into a short stack.

You're saying folding equity, stage of tourney etc. don't apply because the model assumes that villains play perfectly and only call when they are even or ahead anyway and so it's simply +ev to push with those hands at a given blind level headsup but the decision on wether or not to push should still be made considering ICM and table dynamics.

The Yugoslavian
07-18-2005, 01:18 AM
I'm not even sure what your question *is*.

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yugoslav

citanul
07-18-2005, 01:29 AM
i'm saying that K/S is not a model. it is the answer to a question that sklansky asked about heads up play. it is a set of numbers corresponding to each unique holdem hand.

someone may have grown out the results of that question into more than 2 handed poker, but i do not believe that it was karlson or sklansky.

that's what i'm saying. i'm saying that amongst other things, K/S basically has nothing to do with anything you're talking about.

what you basically seem to be asking about is ICM, not anything to do with K/S (except that they are both about poker).

citanul

kuro
07-18-2005, 01:32 AM
I guess what I'm asking is this. K+S chart will show you that at a given stack size heads up it's +chip ev to push into a villain if they can see your cards and only call with cards that are equal or ahead. However, just because it's +chip ev doesn't mean that it's necesarily + dollar ev. So I'm wondering if there is some way to use the chart to quickly evaluate if I should push my small blind with marginal hands like Q5s. or am I stuck having to do ICM calculations.

kuro
07-18-2005, 01:35 AM
Thanks that's what I needed to know.

citanul
07-18-2005, 01:35 AM
amongst other things, you have to remember that the chart will tell the short stack to call with a wider range. but then again, any sane person plugging stuff into an ICM will tell the shorty to do the same. using K/S in such situations is a little silly, since well, your cards aren't face up, and even if they were your usual opponent wouldn't know how to properly use that information.

i don't want to sound like an advertizement or anything, but if you want to accurately look at such situations, either get used to doing ICM (not that hard) or spend the money for the sit and go power tools. that is exactly what they do.

citanul

curtains
07-18-2005, 01:45 AM
K+S chart actually is basically precisely correct when the play becomes headsup in a sit and go. At least you can usually prove that folding is wrong in some situations.

citanul
07-18-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

K+S chart actually is basically precisely correct when the play becomes headsup in a sit and go. At least you can usually prove that folding is wrong in some situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

well yeah, but that has nothing to do with what the OP was asking about which was like, pre-itm play and the like.

citanul

curtains
07-18-2005, 01:54 AM
Well it usually does when headsup early on, when bubble considerations arent that big a factor. You can usually use it to figure out the appropriate play, if you are good at estimating call ranges and such. All these tools are useful if you apply them wisely and if you don't then they aren't worth much.

Also citanul was that you I was just headsup with or not?

citanul
07-18-2005, 01:57 AM
amongst the many things that i agree with you on, that the tools are often misused and sometimes in a harmful way, but that if they are carefully and wisely used, they can be very useful is one thing. (man that sentence was not good.)

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say you were just hu with like ProfitBiich? that's so not me. i'm not playing tonight.

citanul

curtains
07-18-2005, 02:06 AM
wasnt profitbiich no.... Does anyone know who that is though? I played their other acct I think.

ebaudry
07-19-2005, 06:31 PM
Where/what are the "SNG Powertools" Citanul refers to? I want. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Yugoslavian
07-19-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where/what are the "SNG Powertools" Citanul refers to? I want. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone read the FAQ?!??!

IT'S NOT THAT HARD PEOPLE..IT'S STICKIED TO THE TOP OF THE FRIGGIN FRONT PAGE!?!!?!?!!?

No more bullsh*t 'I can't find such and such in the FAQ....whaa whaaa'.....

If you have fewer than 100 posts you should like be required to read the FAQ before every post....they should build it into the code so that it takes you there before you're allowed to post....

You're lucky I'm not in one of my xPuns1her moods...../images/graemlins/mad.gif

Yugoslav

ebaudry
07-19-2005, 11:32 PM
Thanks, I found it in the FAQ.

oh, and btw, the next time I'm completely new somewhere I'll make sure to remember that there is an FAQ.

Perhaps the fact I have so few threads might have prompted "check the faq", but hey, that's just me.

And finally, joking aside, thanks for all your great posts. I have gotten a lot out of them.

-Eric

the shadow
07-20-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
just because it's +chip ev doesn't mean that it's necesarily + dollar ev

[/ QUOTE ]

CEV = $EV in HU

The Shadow