PDA

View Full Version : A Heads Up Strategy Question (Regarding Party Poker's NL Holdem SnG's)

PokerProdigy
07-18-2005, 12:40 AM
I have two heads up strategies sitting here in front of me and I was wondering which one you guys think I should use. I found both of these on here on the forum, and I am wondering which one should work best for the $20+2 sng's at party poker.

1)
Push with any pair, any A, any K, any Q, any J, and T9.
Call all-in with any pair, any A, any K, any Q7 (or better), and JT (or better).

2)
If I have less than 1,600 in chip before posting then:
a) in the sb push with anything
b) in the bb call with anything

If we are even in chips (meaning neither one of us has less than 1,600) then:
a) from the sb push with any A, any K, any pair, any suited connector, any 2 broadway, and hands like Q9s and J9s.
b) call all in with any A, any K with a T kicker or higher, any pair 55 and above (also push all in over a min raise with any of these hands).

If opponent has less than 1,600 in chips then:
a) push with anything with paint on it, any A, any connector (sometimes this can be any two cards).

P.S. Also, please provide a short explanation that justifies why you think the strategy is best for heads up for the game in question. Also, feel free to offer a new heads up strategy for me to try out.

citanul
07-18-2005, 12:43 AM
psssst: blind sizes matter.

citanul

curtains
07-18-2005, 01:40 AM
Too simplistic way of playing. Thinking about poker with such rules without understanding the precise difference in value between certain hands should hinder your future potential.

gildwulf
07-18-2005, 01:42 AM
wtf are the blinds

JayKon
07-18-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
psssst: blind sizes matter.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Darn tootin size matters /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

tshort
07-18-2005, 01:50 AM
Haven't there already been some extensive discussions on HU. I think heads up is player / blind dependent. You could classify HU play in dozens of differeny ways depending upon the opponent / blind variables.

Regardless, you seem to have a good strategy for general heads up play at the SNGs. I will often get an opponent at the 33s who obviously is waiting to push/call with a top tier hand. In that case, I will push any 2 if blinds are big enough.

JayKon
07-18-2005, 01:52 AM
As a guideline for head up play, sounds good. However, there are going to be many times I deviate from what you outlined. It is going to depend on not just the stack sizes, but what the stack sizes were a minute ago. What does his mental state seem to be? Or, what are the chances I think he'll fold. Also, by kepping the pressure on, I wait for when he pushes and I have a much better than average hand.

Like many have said, ITM play is often more art than science.