PDA

View Full Version : 2 AQ Hands

dark_horse
07-18-2005, 12:09 AM
hand 1:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

i guess the question is whether or not i should have 3bet the flop. i suppose UTG was going for a free card. i've seen players do that with a c/r out of position hoping it gets checked behind, with players fearing another c/r. have no fear of the trifecta.

hand 2:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

bet the turn for value but hate it if it gets raised? or just check/call, check/fold in hopes of hitting the draw?

ArturiusX
07-18-2005, 12:15 AM
Id think about betting the turn too in hand 2, we have a ton of outs and some good folding equity since no one seems interested.

davet
07-18-2005, 12:18 AM
hand one-- check raise the flop, dissallowing proper odds to drawouts

hand two-- check fold the turn, because you don't have good odds.

ArturiusX
07-18-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

Edit: didnt even see the other hand advice cause I was focused on the 2nd being so bad. This advice is terrible.

sy_or_bust
07-18-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gahhh??

Anyway, Hand 1 is OK, although I 3-bet the flop. Hand 2 I like the turn check/call. I don't think the bet increases your winning chances and it sucks if UTG+2 makes it HU with a raise.

smartalecc5
07-18-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What in the world would make you think that BB or the button will bet? Thats like a mortal sin if you have one pair with 8 people to the flop and EVERYONE gets to see a free turn card. Ugh!

shant
07-18-2005, 02:18 AM
Hand 1: Calling the flop checkraise is rad if you're planning on raising his turn bet.

Hand 2: I don't think you have much FE here on the turn because the board didn't get any scarier. Check-call is cool.

IronDragon1
07-18-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*** You are ignoring this user ***

Sorry-I just can't take you seriously after that total nonsense

To the OP-3 bet the flop in hand 1 and bet the turn in hand 2

w_alloy
07-18-2005, 05:58 AM
Hand 1: definantly 3 bet there, he will have a draw quie often and you want to charge the others in the hand who are likely drawing, or perhaps get them to make a (barely) incorrect laydown with 5 outs. I think checkraising here is terrible unless button autobets this every time. Waiting for the turn (as long as its not a scare card) to raise isnt bad, but with 4 people still in I like raising the flop.

Hand 2: I like leading this turn, both beacue you likely have close to 17 outs and the pot is large. Although your fe is small it is still existent, and with the outs you have you dont have to fold out a 5 or 6 here very often for this to be coorect. It also serves as a blocking bet, a ten will bet if checked to here but not raise.

However, I think check calling is really close to as good. Also, if the players are capable of laydowns you could consider check-raising here, your pot equity is almost 1/3 and there are 3 players in. You then would lead any river and hope to fold out a ten or get a K or Q of diamonds to raise the river if you made your nut flush (they may not if you check-call because this looks much more like the Ad). Your check-raise here adds a ton of deception to your hand.

In fact, now that i think about it more, I favor a check-raise here on the turn unless these players will call down with weak hands.