PDA

View Full Version : Differences between Party and Stars Sit and Go's

SaintAces
07-18-2005, 12:04 AM
Which are easier?
How long do they take on average?
Are the 11s considerably different? The 22s?
What are the differences in structure?

Thanks a lot.

citanul
07-18-2005, 12:05 AM
since i've just deleted 2 of your posts, i thought i'd jump in here before or instead of deleting a 3rd, since you seem intent on this tonight.

try the search function and try reading the FAQ.

citanul

Onaflag
07-18-2005, 12:54 AM
If a post gets deleted, does it still count towards one's total? Total post count seems important enough to warrant the question.

Onaflag...........

The Yugoslavian
07-18-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If a post gets deleted, does it still count towards one's total? Total post count seems important enough to warrant the question.

Onaflag...........

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf?!

How is total post count important?

Yugoslav

Onaflag
07-18-2005, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Onaflag...........

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf?!

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

That is obviously what decides whether your post deems deletion or not. My reply was slighted on the side of sarcasm, but since you ask.........

Was this post worthy of the almighty censor? I do not provide much input to these forums, but take an awful lot from them. I personally do not mind one bit when a person asks a question that has been asked 8 million times before. Who knows, maybe Stars STTs changed suddenly last night.

If it pisses you off, don't read the question. How many billboards do you pass each day with the same friggin message? Do you stop, get out of your car, and spray paint the Coke ad black?

Give the guy a break, almighty elite.

Onaflag............

gildwulf
07-18-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Onaflag...........

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the thread "pissed off" anyone, it's just that this has been asked before and it's Citanul's job to delete repetitive posts and keep the forum clean.
Wtf?!

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

That is obviously what decides whether your post deems deletion or not. My reply was slighted on the side of sarcasm, but since you ask.........

Was this post worthy of the almighty censor? I do not provide much input to these forums, but take an awful lot from them. I personally do not mind one bit when a person asks a question that has been asked 8 million times before. Who knows, maybe Stars STTs changed suddenly last night.

If it pisses you off, don't read the question. How many billboards do you pass each day with the same friggin message? Do you stop, get out of your car, and spray paint the Coke ad black?

Onaflag............

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the thread "pissed off" anyone, it's just that this has been asked before and it's Citanul's job to delete repetitive posts and keep the forum clean.

citanul
07-18-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Onaflag............

[/ QUOTE ]

are you freaking retarded?

there are many things that get your post deleted.

in the case of the op of this thread, his first 2 threads got deleted AND I SENT HIM A PM TELLING HIM WHERE TO GET THE EXACT ANSWER TO HIS QUESTIONS. they were deleted and responded to in exactly this fashion because the answers to his questions are in the FAQ that is STICKIED TO THE TOP OF THE FORUM.

this post probably is worth the "almighty" censor, though, as one can see, I DIDN'T CENSOR IT. IT IS RIGHT HERE.

People don't need to be pissed off by the repetitious posts, but they also don't need to have to be forced to decide to wade through them to find content. this is way different than people not needing social posts for instance. repetitive posts, particularly those that are answered in the FAQ need not remain on the forum. once someone is directed to the FAQ, the thread has no use at all, since the one person who wanted to know where that answer is has it. honestly i think that i might have put a section on party v stars in the FAQ, but i'm not sure, and i am sure that it wasn't as detailed as this OP wanted.

additionally, the contention that a post is at any point deleted based on anything as ridiculous as post count of the poster is totally absurd and false. i don't know where you could possibly get such an idea in your head.

anyway, that's as much time as i feel like wasting on your accusations and vitriol right now.

citanul

gildwulf
07-18-2005, 01:55 AM
word

Onaflag
07-18-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You could use some help on your opening statements. Might I suggest a customer service seminar? I don't believe Mr. Mat Sklansky ever stooped to such an arrogant introductory sentence.

You simply reinforce my opinion that this place is run by the elite with either amazing poker skills or post counts in the thousands both of which are irrelevent to your job.

Please refrain, as a moderator, from questioning one's mental capacity.

Onaflag...........

citanul
07-18-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You could use some help on your opening statements. Might I suggest a customer service seminar? I don't believe Mr. Mat Sklansky ever stooped to such an arrogant introductory sentence.

You simply reinforce my opinion that this place is run by the elite with either amazing poker skills or post counts in the thousands both of which are irrelevent to your job.

Please refrain, as a moderator, from questioning one's mental capacity.

Onaflag...........

[/ QUOTE ]

you're continuing to make no sense.

a) my opening statement has nothing to do with arrogance. your prior post honestly made me wonder if you were retarded. if so, we might need to install some handicapped accessable poker forums just for you. i don't want to be caught unawares or anything.

b) i continue to not understand how anyone is reinforcing this strange opinion of yours. if by "run by" you mean the most advice and or value is added by, you are mostly right. since well, the most posting is done by those with many posts, and the most value is in general added by those with good poker knowledge bases who feel like taking the time to add value to the forum. there are of course outliers of posters who post far less frequently yet add high amounts of value when they do post. notable amongst them is the shadow, though there are of course others.

while criticizing your second paragraph there, i'd like to take a slight digression to talk about this "both of which are irrelevant to your job." a) as i said before, neither of those things in any way has ever influenced my decision making as moderator, and the unsubstantiated and unsubstantiatable claims you are making are pretty insulting. if you feel like using the fact that i asked you if you were retarded as part of your evidence, you should look around and see how often i tell people that raptor sucks, or tell raptor that he sucks. b) you seem to be under some kind of misapprehension that what i do for this forum is in some way a job.

c) as i have stated before, i will not be removing from myself any of the liberties that are extended to the other posters of this forum just because i am the user moderator. just as everyone knows (although now having read my sarcasm above, you're probably pretty confused) that when i said "are you freaking retarded?" it was a joke, everyone would have known that no matter who posted it. and no matter who posted it, it would have been allowed to stay. people are allowed to converse and even occasionally insult, on message boards. i will, as a poster on this site, be subject to the same rules as everyone else. being moderator will not make me succeptable to a more stringent set of rules.

d) i again invite you to provide anything approaching evidence for your opinions, instead of just trying to respond in some arbitrarilly pithy, valueless, manner mostly built around strawmen.

citanul

bluefeet
07-18-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
your prior post honestly made me wonder if you were retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sorry. i know i'm not helping, but this has to be one of the funniest things i've read (who says you don't have a sense of humor?!)

JayKon
07-18-2005, 02:45 AM
citanul,

You do not belong here, go back to RGP with others of your kind.

Jay

The Yugoslavian
07-18-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">JayKon</font>,

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Yugoslav

gildwulf
07-18-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Dancing Bears</font>,

You do not belong here, go back to the Jungle with others of your kind.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

11t
07-18-2005, 02:51 AM
The games are equally easy in different respects.

Stars Turbo's last like 35-40ish, Standard is 1 hour+

PP is like 45ish minutes? I don't play there too much.

11s/22s can be beaten formulaically but it takes time to learn

PP is t800 blinds go up 10 hands

PS is t1500, blinds go up every 5 min in turbo, 10 min in standard

SaintAces
07-18-2005, 02:53 AM
thank you for answering my question.

The Yugoslavian
07-18-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Dancing Bears</font>,

You do not belong here, go back to the Jungle with others of your kind.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny even though I don't get it! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yugoslav

gildwulf
07-18-2005, 02:54 AM
Big Limpin' avatar= Dancing bear. I dunno, I'm tired.

11t
07-18-2005, 02:56 AM
Sorry people hijacked your thread for a childish bitch fest, however the vast majority of questions you have or will have regarding Sit n Go's have already been answered and are in the archives. I would highly suggest looking thru the FAQ and checking out the AleoMagus guide to beating the 10+1's.

It is a good place to start.

JayKon
07-18-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">JayKon</font>,

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been on this board longer than most people and before the current login structure was setup. In that time, I have never seen anyone get away with being abusive. To see such behavior coming from a modrator is simply unforgivable.

Now I like and appreciate the work citual has done, however, name calling and his other abusive tatics are just plain wrong!

This is the exact type of thing that drove me off of RGP and to see it here is blasphemy!

JayKon
07-18-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry people hijacked your thread for a childish bitch fest, however the vast majority of questions you have or will have regarding Sit n Go's have already been answered and are in the archives. I would highly suggest looking thru the FAQ and checking out the AleoMagus guide to beating the 10+1's.

It is a good place to start.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right and I'm sorry. Its just that I don't get mad easy and I'm mad now.

11t
07-18-2005, 03:13 AM
Focus your chi

The Yugoslavian
07-18-2005, 03:16 AM
citanul says 'retarded' almost as a term of endearment.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If only we all could be so lucky /images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Yugoslav
Who thinks that if you don't like 'retarded'...perhaps you'd like a nice heaping helping of 'pinko-commie-[censored]' /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The Yugoslavian
07-18-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Focus your chi

[/ QUOTE ]

And go get some lap dances....

NOW!

Yugoslav
mmmm...lap dances.....big bootiez.....scrippaz.....mmmm...surrounded by tittiez...

flyingmoose
07-18-2005, 03:24 AM
I can't believe I just read this whole thread. I want my 5 minutes back.

tjh
07-18-2005, 03:28 AM
The differences are substantial.

Double the chip stacks, cut the blind increase rate in half and it feels like a difference of extreme magnitude. Once you understand how to play your chip stack vs the blind size you should be able to play either site and win. Time to win makes PP more appealing to most 2+2 folks.

The players are however most likely of equal skill/lack of skill. The deep chip games should be more beatable because you get to play post flop and you should be able to learn how to outplay them post flop. Be warned that some unskilled players fail to notice how skillful we are and thus our fancy plays go down in flames.

I would say that the short stacked games reward good hand selection, aggression , and using position to leverage your aggression. The big stack games reward the same but add the importance of post flop play. You can see a flop for 80 chips and then check-raise, bet out or otherwise take advantage of the fish. In the short stack games you are usually pot committed or they are and post flop is push time if you have not already gotten all your chips in the middle.

Please note that only a RETARD would take this quick post to be all-inclusive but at least it is on topic.

As I side bet I offer $100 to the poster who can get the most posts deleted by our friendly and talented moderator. I also propose that we get a counter of that value in our post summary.

For example:
tjh

POST-COUNT:
stranger, member, old-hand, carpal tunnel

NOT-POST-COUNT:
Retard, IDIOT, Ignoramus, DUMB*SS, COMATOSE..

Iron Tigran
07-18-2005, 03:39 AM
vitriol is a cool word