PDA

View Full Version : Question to Internet Pro's

iluzion
07-17-2005, 10:32 PM
Do you guys who support your self playing poker online have planned lengths of play time? Like do you say you'll play for 6 hours before you sit down and then stand up at 6 hours no matter how your doing?

sublime
07-17-2005, 10:33 PM
I try, but can never stick to it.

6 hours? Man the only thing I can do for 6 hours straight is sleep /images/graemlins/smile.gif

iluzion
07-17-2005, 10:36 PM
I just used it as an example.

sublime
07-17-2005, 10:44 PM
yeah i figured. although there are some people who can do that with ease. just not me /images/graemlins/frown.gif

i think having a schedule is the best way to go about it, just when you don't 'have' to do something nit becomes hard to adhere to it.

iluzion
07-17-2005, 10:53 PM
I think my problem is more of playing too long when not doing well, and not long enough when running good.

sublime
07-17-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think my problem is more of playing too long when not doing well, and not long enough when running good.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can identify with that also. my longets sessions, are definitly ones where i am running bad /images/graemlins/frown.gif

mungpo
07-17-2005, 11:47 PM
I try to start at the same time every day and play for four or five hours. I will take an hour or two off then decide if I want to play a couple more hours or not. I repeat this process 6 days a week no matter how bad I am running.

djack
07-18-2005, 12:13 AM
I play until I'm bored or have something else to do.

Transference
07-18-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think having a schedule is the best way to go about it, just when you don't 'have' to do something nit becomes hard to adhere to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sublime's version of a rigorous playing schedule:

Sublime: I did'nt play much this week, I'm gonna get a ton of hands in this weekend.

Sublime: Well, I did'nt play much over the weekend, but I'm gonna get a ton of hands in this week.

Rinse.

Repeat.

mattw
07-18-2005, 03:00 AM
i try to play atleast 1500 hands a day, 5-6 days a week. its been alot easier now that i have two monitors. i play whether im running bad or good. gonna have to work through the bad spells anyway. i only quit when the beats are affecting my game and that is rare. i play regardless of whether im in the mood or not; the bills dont give a crap how i feel. last two days, 2K+ hands each day, yeah!

ilikeaces
07-18-2005, 03:47 AM
I play like 12 hours a day. I usually play about 20 sngs and 8 MTT's and then hit up a fishole late at night for some shorthanded 5-10 NL

RoundersRocks!
07-18-2005, 04:00 AM
I don't have a schedule, but I should. I tend to play 12 hours marathons more often that i would like to admit, and playing so long I end up not playing optimally. I also burn myself out on it sometimes. I am actually starting a scheduling limit this week, I want to keep poker a job rather then letting it become a lifestyle. Thats just me though, it is easy to forget it can become addictive.

Hannibal
07-18-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I try to start at the same time every day and play for four or five hours. I will take an hour or two off then decide if I want to play a couple more hours or not. I repeat this process 6 days a week no matter how bad I am running.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here....usually 3-4 hours in the afternoon and 3-4 hours later at night. Almost always at the same time of day. Usually 6-7 days a week.

Sephus
07-18-2005, 04:24 AM
i have trouble playing more than 20 hours/week. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

pyroponic
07-18-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i have trouble playing more than 20 hours/week. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You bum /images/graemlins/wink.gif