PDA

View Full Version : Those players who always bet when checked to

nervous
07-17-2005, 10:12 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

River: (8.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 8.16 BB

Okay to do this if you know the player will bet 75% of the time and you will be best &gt;80% of the time?

aK13
07-17-2005, 10:20 PM
Trifecta time, baby!

JoshuaD
07-17-2005, 10:47 PM
That's a lovely line. They talk about it in HPFAP, it's definitely useful at these limits.

I use it in alot of different ways, pretty much anytime I'm not afraid of giving the free card and have TPTK OOP HU, and I'm pretty sure my opponent will bet.

One of my favorite uses of this play is to gain control of a table who's been playing back at me because they've noticed my semi-bluffs. It's usually when I'm raising alot and missing with overcards, and have been caught a few times, and have had people play back at me on the turn. You keep playing as you normally do and just look for a spot to implement this line. It really whips the table back into shape. I'm not exaggerating when I say that. You pull this play just once and the LAG/TAG whos been playing back at you will jump right into line.

It's got a ton of other uses as well, just be careful with it when you can't afford to give a free card, or when you're not very confident in your hand. The "typical" example of this is AK on a K73r board, against an aggressive opponent.

nervous
07-17-2005, 11:12 PM
Thanks for your post, and that's how I've been trying to implement it as well. I have used it a couple times and got burned when they check behind, so I will have to remember who I have behind me.

wonkadaddy
07-18-2005, 01:01 AM
i'm amazed more people don't make this play. opponent's hate it. and you don't need top kicker to do it either.

Haupt_234
07-18-2005, 01:07 AM
This play is not only good because it can gain an extra bet from a weaker hand, but because it can induce a bluff from a hand which would fold to a turn bet otherwise.

Even on a board of A55, I have seen a ton of opponents call a flop bet and fold the turn. HU, I like the way you played this hand a lot.

Haupt_234