PDA

View Full Version : Q4 in the BB - max value question

Borno
07-17-2005, 10:10 PM
I've been at this table for about an hour...

10/20 live at Rama

table is 9 or 10 handed and the game is softer than a 500 thread count down comfortor...

I mean soft... 5 or 6 to the flop usually.. far too many cold calls etc. etc.

I'm in the BB 6 are in the hand with a raise from MP preflop and I call with Q4 clubs in the BB.

I would normally not do this but the nature of the table warranted it I feel.

Flop:

Q 4 8r

I lead out. I did this because I felt I could get alot of calls and I didn't want to thin the field. MP2 raises, CO calls, I think for a second and just call.

With this uncoordinated board and a hand like two pair and the pfr no longer being in the hand I felt that I was not too threatened and could hang on a while before getting too aggressive.

turn: 4

board: Q 4 8 4

I lead out. MP2 is a tricky opponent that has only seen me play a bit (but I've seen her play a fair amount). CO is a feeesh.

I lead out because I feel there is a strong change I will get calls but not a very strong chance that I will be able to c/r.

MP2 raises and CO folds.

I call.

river: 5

I lead out for all obvious reasons. MP2 raises. I think for a minute and then 3 bet. MP2 says, "really" and then calls.

What are your thoughts on my play on the flop and turn?

Is this generally a good way to extract max value from opponents that are somewhat passive?

Should I have checked the turn and hoped MP2 lead out so CO would be trapped? Or is it likely they would both fold to my c/r. (CO was known to fold a fair amount of crap on the turn)

Thanks guys!

Entity
07-17-2005, 10:14 PM
Preflop: Good.
Flop: Good. How many people called in between you & MP2?
Turn: I'd 3-bet.
River: Fine.

Rob

Borno
07-17-2005, 10:15 PM
0 called. unfortunately...