PDA

View Full Version : Flop decisions...

adam74
07-17-2005, 08:48 PM
PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.25 BB (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG ($18.30)
MP ($2.65)
Hero ($24.15)
Button ($4)
SB ($23.70)
BB ($81.65)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.95</font>, BB calls $0.95, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.75</font>, Button calls $3.75 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $19.9</font>, BB folds...

Hero?

I'm more interested in my first decision to raise. Is there a case for simply calling here?

And what about his reraise? Do you automatically put him on top set and fold?

TheRempel
07-17-2005, 10:32 PM
You're getting good enough odds to call his reraise solely on the strength of your flush draw. If he does have QQ, the eights will make it somewhat less likely that he'll boat up. Lots of players at this limit would reraise in this spot with Q8 or 9TJx. You're either getting the right odds for your call or you're way ahead. Pop it all in.

Rosie5
07-17-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're getting good enough odds to call his reraise solely on the strength of your flush draw

[/ QUOTE ]

im 50/50 on calling. I lean toward folding, you'll get to see what he he's 3 betting since he has to showdown the sidepot so you'll get some good info. This would make me fold almost every time here. But even still I make a stupid call like this now and then

in these passive games I say his range of hands is QQ 90% 22 10% on a solid player.

He has no where near enough of a chance to win this pot to justify calling this dude on his draw. Even if he did it would be slightly ev+ and I can find better spots in these pathetic 25$ PLO games.

Analyze most of the action in an omaha game at these stakes, it's mostly set over set, straight over straight and house over house. Most of the time you'll just look at this hand and say wow he just stacked me with little risk on the investment of a quarter.

TheRempel
07-18-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Analyze most of the action in an omaha game at these stakes, it's mostly set over set, straight over straight and house over house.

[/ QUOTE ]
I happen to play at these stakes on the same site as Adam, and without knowing the specific player, I would say QQ is likely but not certain. There are a fair number of players that would play AA or even Q2 this way.

He's getting roughly 2:1 on his all in call, he's at worst 30% to win the enitre pot, even against QQ with some spade sidecards, and from my experience playing with these people, I'd say QQ is out there maybe 60% of the time.

With these low limit capped buy in games, I'm calling every time. At worst I am slightly -EV. At best I am crushing the field and the only thing out against me is possible Q8 for a two outer and maybe a straight draw that I have crippled with my flush draw.

Folding here is a weak-tight play.

Rosie5
07-18-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

With these low limit capped buy in games, I'm calling every time. At worst I am slightly -EV. At best I am crushing the field and the only thing out against me is possible Q8 for a two outer and maybe a straight draw that I have crippled with my flush draw.

Folding here is a weak-tight play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it would be less than 35% to win against QQ, I was surprised to see this when i ran the simulation. I thought the fact that you weren't really that clean to make a flush hurt it much worse.

888 doesn't have to be good that often to make this a profitable call, so I'd do it too I guess. My mindset was too cautious with moderate hands and redraws I guess

joewatch
07-18-2005, 12:44 AM
I like your raise here, although I think calling with 3:1 pot odds to see the turn is equally good. When you are reraised all-in, I think it's time to fold since you are no longer receiving correct odds for your 9-out flush + quad draw.

TheRempel
07-18-2005, 12:54 AM
WEAK-TIGHT!

Seriously. Against a tight player you could assume QQ, but 95% of the players at this level play any four cards and go too far with weak two pair hands and weak draws after the flop. I wouldn't be surprised if the SB was reraising with the king high flush draw and maybe some straight cards. It's a capped buy-in online game. Against a very very tight player (for example, Dans Macabre on Stars) it's possibly a fold. Against an average player at the $25 PLO game on Stars it's an easy call.

If you are up against QQ and hit, congrats. You'll probably tilt the victim into paying off your nut hand two or three times.