PDA

View Full Version : 3/6, KK river decision

Heimdal
07-17-2005, 07:54 PM
Villain limps UTG. He is tight, aggressive and a little tricky. We don’t have any history. I have $625, villain covers.

I raise to $30 with KK UTG+1. Only villain calls. Flop is JT6r. He bets $50 into $66 pot. I raise to $150, he thinks, then calls.
Turn is a 3. Check, check. River 5 (no flush). $366 in pot. Villain goes all in. I have $445 left. Action? How is my flop and turn play?

Heimdal
07-18-2005, 09:04 AM
Hmmm. No responses.

I would like to know why:

-Im not a a regular poster and havent contributed to the forum. I cant expect to get many responses.
-The hand is boring and there is no difficult decisions. And wrong forum.
-Too read dependent. Not enough information.
Or another reason

I would just like to know what I "did wrong" so I dont post a hand again that no one is interested in.

Thanks

gomberg
07-18-2005, 09:11 AM
this hand is very read dependent. Stack size is rough as well because any bet by you pot commits yourself. His most likely hand is a set or JTs. If you think he could do this w/ QQ, KK, AJs, QKs, etc., then call.

What was the purpose of the raise on the flop? - was it information, hoping he calls, hoping he folds, taking a free card to induce a bluff on the river?

As far as not getting replies - just post the results and your thoughts of why you did what you did if no one responds. If people are interested in the hand or have advice, they will reply, if not - the hand will fall. It's no big deal to post uninteresting hands as you'll learn what is / isn't eventually. Everyone posts hands that don't get responses - don't worry about it and keep posting.

flawless_victory
07-18-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-Too read dependent. Not enough information

[/ QUOTE ]theres not really much i can tell you... way too read dependent... against most calling here is not a good idea, but if you think he might play KQ this way... i think raising the flop in this spot is usually not a good idea, unless you are calling gladly if he moves in. there some players, against which, id just fold when they lead the flop..
in this hand youre just gonna have to guess why he bet all of it on the end... most often, he has a set and is now trying to make up for his whiffed turn checkraise...

not_da_nizzles
07-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Did you check behind on the turn because you thought you were behind and wanted a cheap showdown or because you wanted to induce a bluff on the river? Former = fold, latter = call.

Anyways, I agree with the previous poster that he missed his check-raise attempt on the turn and was trying to make up for it on the river. Without reads I'd fold there - he probably has a set.

mj

BigEndian
07-18-2005, 03:32 PM
I think AJ and KQ are most likely. JT moderately likely as is a set. It looks to him like you could have an over pair on the flop but perhaps AK/KQ/AT on the turn. I think you have to call here.

- Jim

arod15
07-18-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain limps UTG. He is tight, aggressive and a little tricky. We don’t have any history. I have $625, villain covers.

I raise to $30 with KK UTG+1. Only villain calls. Flop is JT6r. He bets $50 into $66 pot. I raise to $150, he thinks, then calls.
Turn is a 3. Check, check. River 5 (no flush). $366 in pot. Villain goes all in. I have $445 left. Action? How is my flop and turn play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I call here. This is very common for people to go all in here when they miss there flush. However checking the river was horrible. You need to get your money in at that point.

Leptyne
07-18-2005, 04:28 PM
I've got to put villain on middle set of T here. This looks like the hand that a tight agressive would limp UTG, then lead with flop with middle set. Your raise makes him wonder if he's run into set over set. Checking the flop has convinced him you don't have top set. If you checked behind to set up the river bluff he's toast.

I like your flop play. When you get called you have to think he can beat a big pair and you're through with the hand.

Heimdal
07-18-2005, 06:28 PM
I was actually villain in the hand with JJ. Hero called. Other than the river call, I think I would have played it like he did. And I don’t know why. Now I see that raising the flop is not mandatory.

flawless_victory
07-19-2005, 05:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was actually villain in the hand with JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]when i said i might lay down KK when led into on flop against some players, you are prob that player... lol.

-Skeme-
07-19-2005, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
However checking the river was horrible. You need to get your money in at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero = didn't check River.

warlockjd
07-19-2005, 07:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However checking the river was horrible. You need to get your money in at that point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hero = didn't check River.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero did check river. Villain pushed