PDA

View Full Version : JJ on ragged board

Beck
07-17-2005, 07:16 PM
Pokerroom 20+2
Stack size 1500 chips each
First hand of tourney, blinds 10-20

Hero is MP3 with /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gifJ
UTG calls, folded to hero, who raises to 100, CO folds, Button calls, rest folds.

Flop (pot 250)
/images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3
Hero bets 175, Button calls, UTG folds.

How is the bet size?

Turn (pot 600)
/images/graemlins/heart.gif8
Hero bets ?????? How much??

Iron Tigran
07-18-2005, 03:34 AM
I wish I had better info to give, but I am curious myself what to do. The board is draw free on the flop and he calls you after you showed strength pf. I have seen too many people limp/call w/ AA to think a huge bet is correct here, but to go passive now, with this board, seems terrible. Checking invites a big bet and do you know where you are?!

I will be checking back to see what the real players have to say...

emptypockets
07-18-2005, 05:43 AM
I would have checked it to see what he would do. Itīs way to early to fall in love with JJ. The risk to bust against QQ-AA are just too great this early in the tourney compared to the winnings heīs playing stupid with AK or something.

HesseJam
07-18-2005, 06:08 AM
dunno, at Party 22s I push this sometimes. But with 1500 chips at Stars a check-fold might be better.

45suited
07-18-2005, 06:41 AM
Maybe I'm just not used to playing at higher stacks, but...

Yes, the flat call does raise a bit of a flag. However, I still throw a bet of around 400 out there. The donk factor is just way too high at the 22s. Pocket jacks is still a very good hand (very underrated IMO) and in this spot, your hand is still likely good. I think you have to bet, can't see checking.

I think 400 is enough to let you know where you're at with the hand. Big enough to show you're serious and small enough to fold to a push. (Although that would be hard to do against an opponent at a 22, I think I could fold to a push here.)