PDA

View Full Version : How well did I play this?

Malachii
07-17-2005, 05:54 PM
I know basically nothing about correct PLO strategy. I'm a pretty good NL player... I'd appreciate if you guys could nitpick my line a little bit. This was my second hand at the table, I just posted my SB.

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=88988

I have a couple questions: 1.) Is that the kind of hand you want to raise preflop? I figured I probably had an equity edge, so I pushed it. Was I correct in doing so?

2.) How valuable is top pair/top kicker in PLO? Getting smooth called by two people really scared me... Should I $25 PLO give players credit for having top pair beat here, or did I play it fine?

Comments are appreciated! Thank you.

Marnixvdb
07-17-2005, 08:22 PM
Your raise pf does not have much value if the table is loose passive.

Postflop, you were very lucky that you were called by a worse hand.

In general, top pair good kicker is worth hardly anything in Omaha. It's the A high of PLO.

Marnix

joewatch
07-17-2005, 08:40 PM
I don't like your preflop raise with this hand out of position.

4-way, your bluff out of position is not a good idea with all of the possible draws against you. Somebody may have 52xx and you are screwed.

Once you were called on the flop, it's time to give it up on the turn. Check-fold.

Malachii
07-18-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
4-way, your bluff out of position is not a good idea with all of the possible draws against you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Silly me, I thought I was value betting my top pair! Obviously, I still have a lot to learn about PLO! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for the posts guys.

autobet
07-18-2005, 02:00 AM
Your hand is quite marginal, but you should usually follow through and bet the flop when an Ace comes and you are the preflop raiser. In this case you may have the best hand with AK, but are hoping that everyone folds.