PDA

View Full Version : How to play against a 20vpip 12% PFR opponent to my left

dantheman_05
07-17-2005, 04:26 PM
lets say opponent does not take position into consideration, so he will raise any 2 face cards, any pair, and most suited connectors at any position. once he raises what hands should I 3 bet with?. also about 50% of the time a 3rd player will cold call 3 bets.

i cant cold call his raise because i will miss the flop 2/3 of the time and he will bet the flop 100%. but when i 3 bet he will also lead flop or check raise the flop often. putting me to the test once again.

I guess my question is ...is it better to 3 bet(and if so what hands) or should i wait to show agression by cold calling and raising the flop when i am even remotely close to a hand (say overs and a backdoor draw)

lil feller
07-17-2005, 05:08 PM
If he's to your left he'll be acting after you almost every hand. If thats the case, the rest of your questions don't make any sense. Did you mean to say to your right?

lf

dantheman_05
07-17-2005, 05:24 PM
mxther fxcker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
umm yes i ment to my right lmao

DcifrThs
07-17-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lets say opponent does not take position into consideration, so he will raise any 2 face cards, any pair, and most suited connectors at any position. once he raises what hands should I 3 bet with?. also about 50% of the time a 3rd player will cold call 3 bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you trying to develop a strategy that works under the above conditions? those conditions occur likely less than 5% of the time.

id suggest getting a much more in depth understanding of the game first and then see that this path of trying to develop a strategy for the above is not going to improve your game.

-Barron

Paxosmotic
07-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Between this and your other three threads in this forum, you clearly lack a fundamental understanding of the game. I suggest you drop down in limits to 2/4 or lower as quickly as possible. All three of your threads come across as "I must get as much money as quickly as possible in this game"

In regards to your specific question, if you think a 20/12 is blindly raising with any random [censored] from any position, you are sorely mistaken. While a 20/12 is probably playing a hand or two that he shouldn't be occasionally, he is almost certainly open-raising frequently to get that 12% PFR. That is just plain good poker. If he is on your left as the title of your thread indicates, you need to switch seats or begin an indepth career in psychology and statistics. If he is on your right as the rest of your post indicates, 3-bet your premium hands and fold the rest.