PDA

View Full Version : Does some online poker sites attract stiffer competetion?

josh3336
07-17-2005, 03:50 PM
I have read that some sites have generally much tougher games then other sites. For instance I have read that full tilt overall is much tougher then most other sites regardless of the stakes. I was wondering what everyone else thinks about this? I mean obviously the greater the stakes the harder the game will be but do you think that some sites have much easier competetion then others? If so which ones would you rate as hard and which as soft?

Online247
07-17-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have read that some sites have generally much tougher games then other sites. For instance I have read that full tilt overall is much tougher then most other sites regardless of the stakes. I was wondering what everyone else thinks about this? I mean obviously the greater the stakes the harder the game will be but do you think that some sites have much easier competetion then others? If so which ones would you rate as hard and which as soft?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it depends what the lowest limit the site offers. For example for texas hold em 0.50-1.00 is the lowest at party and pokerstars is 0.02/0/04, so party would be softer when compared to pokerstars at the same limit. Just my opinion of course.

MadMat
07-17-2005, 04:10 PM
One thing I have noticed while chasing bonuses around lots of different sites and networks, is that sites with no pokertracker support tend to be looser, Huge sweeping generalisation there /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I offer two sites I've played recently as examples of this theory - Sporting bet, and Noble Poker!

Mat

Alex/Mugaaz
07-18-2005, 02:14 AM
If the site has very few limit tables its usually a clear sign its an easy site.

ds914
07-18-2005, 11:48 AM
In addition to Poker Tracker (which someone already mentioned), I think sites like Pacific Poker that only allow players to open one table at a time also attract poorer players.