PDA

View Full Version : Flop decision/question - $100PL Party

ipp147
07-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Ok, here's another.

I have around $85 at the start of the hand. Every other player in the pot has me covered.

Jd 7c Th 9h

UTG limps, EP poster checks. MP calls. CO and button call and I complete with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB raises to $7. Poster folds. MP calls. CO folds. Button calls. I call (mistake?)

Flop ($30) A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check. BB (PFR) checks. MP Checks Button Checks.

Turn ($30)4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, BB bets half the pot. MP calls. Button folds. I call.

River ($75) K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet $30 (I have $62 behind before this bet)

Meh, how many streets misplayed /images/graemlins/frown.gif

joewatch
07-17-2005, 05:04 PM
Fold to the raise preflop out-of-position and a poor wrap hand. The rest of the streets you played fine.

autobet
07-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Looks like you played it find to me. Your call before the flop is automatic. You are getting 4-1 on the turn, so you should be getting correct odds even discounting all helping spades. I like your river bet, even though your opps should be able to read your hand. Going for a check raise would also be reasonable...

ipp147
07-17-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold to the raise preflop out-of-position and a poor wrap hand. The rest of the streets you played fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Joe,

What turns it into a good wrap hand - if the 7 is an 8?

PorscheNGuns
07-17-2005, 05:58 PM
I like your preflop call and your play on every street.

-Matt

BluffTHIS!
07-17-2005, 07:55 PM
While I *often* would go ahead and call the preflop raise with a drawing hand here, when you call the turn bet you are getting laid 3-1 for your call with only a gutshot to win, and one of the tens brings a flush. And even if you hit you might well not get paid for taking a bad bet. Fold the turn.

Marnixvdb
07-17-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While I *often* would go ahead and call the preflop raise with a drawing hand here, when you call the turn bet you are getting laid 3-1 for your call with only a gutshot to win, and one of the tens brings a flush. And even if you hit you might well not get paid for taking a bad bet. Fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didnt have only a gutshot and he was getting better odds than 3:1.

On the turn he is getting 4:1 on 9 clean outs to the nuts, so the turncall is fine. I like play on all streets, but maybe I'd bet a little bit less on river.

joewatch
07-17-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Joe,

What turns it into a good wrap hand - if the 7 is an 8?

[/ QUOTE ]

Without a doubt, a 8 would greatly improve this wrap hand. Also, being double-suited might turn it into a call for me.
Other things you have to consider - Villain's raise puts him on high cards, so your broadway str8 draw is greatly weakened. If you look at win % vs. high pairs like AA, KK, the lower wrap hands do better.

BluffTHIS!
07-18-2005, 01:26 AM
Sorry you are correct I was not looking at the hh right.

TheRempel
07-18-2005, 06:36 PM
I like your preflop call too. This isn't a 'premium' wrap hand (only one suit, gap, but it's still very decent. All of the other streets were played fine. Many players would get all crazy here and start throwing bets and raises in on the flop and turn but your wrap is not that good. Only a king, seven or nine that is not a spade will give you the nuts.

RickyG
07-20-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Only a king, seven or nine that is not a spade will give you the nuts

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. How does a 7 give the nuts?

TheRempel
07-20-2005, 07:44 PM
It doesn't. I was retardedly tired and screwed up that post.