PDA

View Full Version : Random HU hands...

Mr_J
07-17-2005, 03:12 PM
Stars HU $52.5

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1500)
Button (t1500)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t40</font>, Hero calls t20.

Flop: (t80) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (t80) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t40</font>, Hero calls t40.

River: (t160) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t120</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t240</font>, Hero calls t120.

Final Pot: t640

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1690)
BB (t1310)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, BB calls t40.

Flop: (t120) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t120) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t100</font>, Hero calls t100.

River: (t320) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t300</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: t720

Hero (t1920)
BB (t1080)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero calls t10, BB checks.

Flop: (t40) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, BB calls t30.

Turn: (t160) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t50</font>, Hero calls t50.

River: (t260) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t100</font>, Hero calls t100.

Final Pot: t460

Hero isn't necessarily the hero in all hands. After I get some responses (if any lol, postflop and all) I'll post any HH I flipped in the true heros perspective. The reasoning below isn't necessarily my own, and may have been what my opponent was thinking (they think??).

Hand #1, what would you put villain on? He has seemed quite aggressive but has usually backed off when I've had him. Reraise in the river suggests he has me beaten.

Hand#2, BB has taken stabs at the pot after my bluffs. He is more likely to bluff the turn than the flop. I might as well let him try to hit something, or appear weak and let him have a stab on the turn.

Hand #3
BB has made a few continuation bets so I raised to see how'd he respond. He should be capable of staying in the pot with any piece of that flop. Turn comes, and I make a good hand. Given the possible flush I wanted a cheap showdown vs his probable 7x, 5x or 8x.

I'm not necessarily unhappy with all of these hands, just posting the larger pots.

zipppy
07-17-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hand #1, what would you put villain on? He has seemed quite aggressive but has usually backed off when I've had him. Reraise in the river suggests he has me beaten.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I either put villian on an over pair or 1-2 over cards, either way one of them being a club. I think the hero very well may be beaten on the river, but I don't see how he can fold after staying in the hand so long.

I think hero needs to bet the flop or raise the turn to find out more info if they're going to play this hand. Calling the turn bet with a gutshot str8 draw and an overcard that could be dominated seems leakish to me; it seems like it would fit better with a check/raise on the river, or a check/call if the hero hits something like the low end of the str8.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand#2, BB has taken stabs at the pot after my bluffs. He is more likely to bluff the turn than the flop. I might as well let him try to hit something, or appear weak and let him have a stab on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would check the flop as well, but min-raise the turn. There's a lot of hands the villian could have (any jack, king) and there's a draw the villian could have picked up (any heart).

Calling the turn sends a message that you're probably looking for a heart, whereas raising leaves a lot of ambiguity for the opponent (hero could be raising with a slow played jack, king, heart, etc). If the villian has a small heart, they'll many times call your min raise and call a value raise on the river. Some lone kings will do the same, hoping you were raising the pair of kings as well.

Calling the turn and raising the river will push out many small hearts and surely most kings with no flush. This is why I'd min-raise the turn and value bet the river.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand #3
BB has made a few continuation bets so I raised to see how'd he respond. He should be capable of staying in the pot with any piece of that flop. Turn comes, and I make a good hand. Given the possible flush I wanted a cheap showdown vs his probable 7x, 5x or 8x.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the possible straight and 3 spade turn board, I'd raise the turn to find out more information about the villian's hand.

If the villian does have a monster by the turn, many opponents will try and get tricky, calling a turn raise and checking on the river to go for the check/raise. If the board gets more dangerous (as it did with the spade falling), you can always check behind.

I thought these hands were a great exercise in trying to think about situations that can be played out in different ways on different streets. Thanks for posting them, and hopefully others will reply with thoughts.

&gt;&gt;&gt;ZIPPPY