PDA

View Full Version : Too tricky

jon_1van
07-17-2005, 03:04 PM
So I got tricky and it put me in a bunch of crappy spots. Spots where you feel like you might be ahead...but you aren't sure enought to bet, so you don't make a bunch of money.

What should I have done on 4th?

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Hero: T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in
Seat 5: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds

4th Street - (3.00 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Hero: T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___folds
Seat 7: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls

5th Street - (3.00 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Hero: T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds

6th Street - (5.00 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks
Hero: T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks

River - (5.00 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___checks___folds
Hero: T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

Total pot: (5.00 BB)

Roland
07-17-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What should I have done on 4th?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raised, but I guess you kew that.

jon_1van
07-17-2005, 03:38 PM
I was wondering if you'd check raise or bet out

Bartholow
07-17-2005, 03:50 PM
I like the checkraise.

Roland
07-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Sorry, I missed that you were first to act.
I would just bet out. Note that clubs are looking dead on 4th, so you really don’t want to tie people to the pot by check-raising a bettor to your left. And you can’t know who’s going to bet. What’s more, you don’t want it to be checked around.
Since you did check, definitely raise. I know there cards are dead and all, but anyone holding an ace is still a threat and you don‘t want any draws hanging in there. Besides, they might call 2 cold anyway.

Michael Emery
07-17-2005, 04:44 PM
Definite raise fourth when the 3 seat bets, but I suppose you knew that and thats why you posted the hand. If you want to just bet out on fourth, that works just fine with me too. I actually bet sixth street myself. Perhaps I'm over aggressive, but his cards are dead and his check there screams just jacks.

Mike Emery