PDA

View Full Version : Important fries / mozzarella sticks poll

Ulysses
07-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Simple question. You are in a bar having some drinks. One of your options at this bar is to order some fries. Knowing that much about your situation, what are the chances this bar will also have mozzarella sticks? First poll is for everyone, second is solely wrt NYC. For the poll, pick the answer closest (higher or lower) to the percentage you would guess.

miajag81
07-17-2005, 02:25 PM
i hate to tell you this Diablo, but this is the worst poll ever.

DemonDeac
07-17-2005, 02:26 PM
dont know about NYC, but i said 90%. fries=fryer and mozzarella sticks are always a great choice for a bar to have

Ulysses
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's not. Not even close.

Voltron87
I live in NYC, and I'm going with 50 in both. I would say it is "Not Unlikely".

Brain
07-17-2005, 02:27 PM
If they don't have mozzarella sticks, you need to switch bars.

07-17-2005, 02:31 PM
u got it brother.

RacersEdge
07-17-2005, 02:33 PM
I question the use of the word "important" here.

rusellmj
07-17-2005, 02:37 PM
I picked 50% 'cause, you know, they either will or they won't.

[censored]
07-17-2005, 02:43 PM
if they have a fryer chances are they will opt to offer the higher end mozzarella sticks. 75%

No NYC experience

Bulldog
07-17-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like anyone could even know that.

Ulysses
07-17-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I question the use of the word "important" here.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your question?

BottlesOf
07-17-2005, 02:46 PM
I voted 25 on both.

gorie
07-17-2005, 02:55 PM
no idea, but i /images/graemlins/heart.gif mozzeralla sticks.

Voltron87
07-17-2005, 02:57 PM
reminds me of last night at about 4:30 when i got cheese fries from the seinfeld diner in nyc. mmmmmunchies

NutzyClutz
07-17-2005, 02:58 PM
In Wisconsin. 100% would have Moz sticks
A lot of monks, at least one. would die for moz sticks.
In Marilyn Von Savant's bar. 66 2/3%
In 100% of bar's you could order Moz sticks. and if they didn't have them they would tell you.

Luv2DriveTT
07-17-2005, 04:10 PM
its easier to flop the nut straight than it is to find mozzarella sticks in a NYC bar. This poll has great relevance accordingly.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Ulysses
07-17-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its easier to flop the nut straight than it is to find mozzarella sticks in a NYC bar. This poll has great relevance accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was your percentage? A lot is riding on this.

NLSoldier
07-17-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a bet on this, thats freakin awesome. I love making prop bets and having OOT polls decide the outcome.

jakethebake
07-17-2005, 08:34 PM
Why are you asking this question?

Ulysses
07-17-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wager.

jakethebake
07-17-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wager.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the wager the actual percentage we give, or how little oot knows about NYC bar appetizers?

Ulysses
07-17-2005, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wager.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the wager the actual percentage we give, or how little oot knows about NYC bar appetizers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't say what the wager is, as that might skew results.

Clarkmeister
07-19-2005, 12:32 AM
well?

Luv2DriveTT
07-19-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In NYC, I'd say the odds are 6:1 against having mozerella sticks at a bar that serves fries.

Wager status?

Morpheus
07-19-2005, 01:50 AM
Good poll. That is some funny [censored]. Thanks. I laughed after reading first few lines.

Morpheus
07-19-2005, 01:51 AM
BTW, White Castle has some killer mozzarella sticks.

turnipmonster
07-19-2005, 01:52 AM
I think 6:1 has gotta be pretty close.

Ulysses
07-19-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In NYC, I'd say the odds are 6:1 against having mozerella sticks at a bar that serves fries.

Wager status?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa! 6:1 against?! So only like 15% of bars w/ fries have sticks?

My friend claims it is at least 80%. I claimed it was 50% or less. We are taking multiple avenues of research, this being one, anecdotal evidence from our explorations being another.

ThaSaltCracka
07-19-2005, 01:21 PM
I voted 90%, no NYC experience.

mistrpug
07-19-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I voted 90%, no NYC experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paluka
07-19-2005, 01:35 PM
NYC has a lot of places that like to be fancy with french fries (calling them Frites and so forth). These places aren't likely to have mozzarella sticks. I think less than 50% is a layup in NYC.

sfer
07-19-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barf.

sfer
07-19-2005, 01:38 PM
You win, not close.

RicktheRuler
07-19-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Simple question. You are in a bar having some drinks. One of your options at this bar is to order some fries. Knowing that much about your situation, what are the chances this bar will also have mozzarella sticks? First poll is for everyone, second is solely wrt NYC. For the poll, pick the answer closest (higher or lower) to the percentage you would guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo,

I am not sure what the wager is, but you might want to consider in some states there are NO bars--only restaraunts. So for example, if you go to a "bar" in VA, the chances of getting some cheese sticks is much greater than it would be at a real bar.

samjjones
07-19-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are we talking downtown "real" bars, or midtown "tourist" bars? I'd say 75% of bars near MSG/Times Sq have mozz sticks.

zokbarjazz
07-19-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My friend claims it is at least 80%. I claimed it was 50% or less. We are taking multiple avenues of research, this being one, anecdotal evidence from our explorations being another.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way it's even close to 50%. You win.

IndieMatty
07-19-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barf.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's entirely correct, I'd put White Castle Mozzarella sticks AGAINST ANY mozzarella stick in a blind taste test.

Paluka
07-19-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are we talking downtown "real" bars, or midtown "tourist" bars? I'd say 75% of bars near MSG/Times Sq have mozz sticks.

[/ QUOTE ]

That could be the problem, places like this may just all have them.

sfer
07-19-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barf.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's entirely correct, I'd put White Castle Mozzarella sticks AGAINST ANY mozzarella stick in a blind taste test.

[/ QUOTE ]

My post was literal. I got food poisoning from White Casket two weeks ago.

Ulysses
07-19-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We are talking all bars. The general standard is "bar where you might go to get some drinks." So, a restaurant that has a tiny bar that you would only go to if you were waiting for a table does not count (Wolfgang's, for example, has a bar. But it's not a place you would likely ever go to grab a couple of drinks unless you were waiting to eat some steak.). But both ritzy and dive bars count.

sfer
07-19-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That could be the problem, places like this may just all have them.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's like 5% of the bars in Manhattan.

IndieMatty
07-19-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barf.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lies.

IndieMatty
07-19-2005, 01:54 PM
The answer is, any NYC bar with "bar food" has mozz sticks

jakethebake
07-19-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matty, you're a fan of both White Castle and McDonald's? Is there a way the mods can ban Matty from ever posting in any food-related thread again...ever?

IndieMatty
07-19-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matty, you're a fan of both White Castle and McDonald's? Is there a way the mods can ban Matty from ever posting in any food-related thread again...ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

You think Scarlett Johansen is a 5. Can we ban you from posting in female related threads?

jakethebake
07-19-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You think Scarlett Johansen is a 5. Can we ban you from posting in female related threads?

[/ QUOTE ]

She is a 5. You'd see that if you weren't delerious from food poisoning.

sfer
07-19-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barf.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lies.

[/ QUOTE ]

No joke. It was either that, the chicken rings, or the burgers. Never again.

samjjones
07-19-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We are talking all bars. The general standard is "bar where you might go to get some drinks." So, a restaurant that has a tiny bar that you would only go to if you were waiting for a table does not count (Wolfgang's, for example, has a bar. But it's not a place you would likely ever go to grab a couple of drinks unless you were waiting to eat some steak.). But both ritzy and dive bars count.

[/ QUOTE ]

If thats the case, I'd say maybe 50% of all bars that fit this criteria offer fries. Of those, less than 50% also offer mozzarella sticks. I have no way of proving this, but that would be my guess. I have voted accordingly.

Ulysses
07-19-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa. I thought we had some agreement from the NYC bar denizens.

So, let me clarify.

The question is what percentage of bars where you can get french fries also serve mozz sticks. You are saying this number in NYC is near 100%?

Popinjay
07-19-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She is a 5. You'd see that if you weren't delerious from food poisoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/5445/youaregay1em.jpg

IndieMatty
07-19-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa. I thought we had some agreement from the NYC bar denizens.

So, let me clarify.

The question is what percentage of bars where you can get french fries also serve mozz sticks. You are saying this number in NYC is near 100%?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm..ok, I'll lower, If I can order the french fries separate as a side, I say that the number is near 85-90%.

Check menupages for these places (im swamped at work) I'll pick some bars at random; here's the first 5 with "bar food" off the top of my head:

Mercury Bar,
Doc Watson,
Corner Bistro,
Scruffy Duffys,
Dive Bar,

Ulysses
07-19-2005, 03:28 PM
Of those, all 5 had fries. 4 had mozzarella sticks. The 4 with sticks all had pretty extensive bar menus, though.

ThaSaltCracka
07-19-2005, 03:55 PM
thats 80%, seems about right I guess.

fryKing
07-19-2005, 04:30 PM
and the one place that doesn't have them has their whole menu posted on the wall.

I see mozzarella sticks as a standard "bar food" item, but I don't go to swanky/high end places very often.

Luv2DriveTT
07-19-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wager status?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa! 6:1 against?! So only like 15% of bars w/ fries have sticks?

[/ QUOTE ]

I want in on this wager in a big way, because I will seriously pwn you both. Why? Because I think I could get access to the actual answer. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I still think it's 6:1 against.

Luv2DriveTT
07-19-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong 'em boyo.

Luv2DriveTT
07-19-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and the one place that doesn't have them has their whole menu posted on the wall.

I see mozzarella sticks as a standard "bar food" item, but I don't go to swanky/high end places very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hence you are missing out my friend.. swanky places (and there are lots of em) = No Mozerella Sticks.

Luv2DriveTT
07-21-2005, 06:25 PM
Its been confirmed by three others yesterday. Sitting around the table last night playing poker (I know, not very OOT is it?)discussing this topic. The general belief is that it's 6:1 against that a NYC bar will have mozzarella sticks if they also serve French Frys.

Now I may be wrong about this because it's been quite a few years since I've been in the bar business, but I believe there is a different license required for food handlers with French frys than with most all other food. French Fries require the same license as ice, which means every bar already has that license. However Mozzarella sticks require a full food prep permit, hence my 6:1 theory. If anyone here has access to a knowledgeable person down at the Dept of Consumer Affairs, I'd love to know if I'm right.

Ulysses
07-22-2005, 01:30 AM
Whoa. What a potentially groundbreaking discovery! I will definitely pursue this line of thought!

Voltron87
07-22-2005, 01:38 AM
what was the wager? whether there was a positive correlation between a bar carrying fries and it carrying mozarella sticks?