PDA

View Full Version : SB BS

dark_horse
07-17-2005, 01:26 PM
i hate it. big pot.

call flop? lead flop? fold flop? fold preflop?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (16 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 18 BB

Redd
07-17-2005, 01:27 PM
IMHO, nice hand.

thesharpie
07-17-2005, 01:31 PM
I hate your avatar.

Fold preflop, I want to be connected calling this.

Flop is good. I used to lead but BB's probably only raising when you're beat so you might as well check and see the action. If BB will raise with something you beat bet the flop.

Turn is easy, you have a gutshot draw.

I play the river the same absent a read.

Felipe
07-17-2005, 01:54 PM
/images/graemlins/cool.gif blind post...

Preflop
Fold. You might be dominated, by JJ or up, and AJ or KJ etc. You're in SB, worst position after the flop.

flop
I like the checkraise. However, I feel uncomfortable giving away a free card here. Big pot and you've got a marginal hand that needs protection. You're lucky the button bet. When playing J9 OOP - this is what you get! A muddy situation. That's why you avoid them altoghter, especially after to a preflop raise. A Small blind of Prevention is worth a Big Bet of cure. (i'm trying to be clever..just play along)

Felipe
07-17-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy turn check/call. Is that what you mean?

thesharpie
07-17-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy turn check/call. Is that what you mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. We're getting 15-1 with at least a 3 out draw.

Edit: I mean bet, and easy call once it's raised.

crunchy1
07-17-2005, 02:16 PM
PF is fine - contrary to what others are saying. Unless BB is raising every single hand - which is a read you didn't provide - you're range getting 8-to-1 PF in the SB should be pretty wide; Includind J9o.

crunchy1
07-17-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop
Fold. You might be dominated, by JJ or up, and AJ or KJ etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Those are possibilities; Not reasons to fold.

[ QUOTE ]
You're in SB, worst position after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
The affects of this are greatly decreased in a pot with 5 limping opponents who have shown no aggression.

Shillx
07-17-2005, 03:33 PM
Preflop is fine.

There are some good reasons to bet even if the BB flips up AA and will raise everytime. If it gets someone behind you to fold a hand like K8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif then it very well could be worth it in this big pot. The best reason to bet is obviously to see if he will raise with a hand that you beat, but your hand has lots of outs against a single hand and there are some wins that you would like to free up, so I like betting here. Considering a flop check/fold is totally out the the question here. Betting is probably the best line with either check/raising or check/calling (depending on the action) coming in second.

Obviously the flop check/raise is a no brainer after it checks around to the button. After you decide to check/raise the flop, the only questionable call is the river. Are you really good enough here to call? Probably not.

Brad

dark_horse
07-17-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After you decide to check/raise the flop, the only questionable call is the river. Are you really good enough here to call? Probably not.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting 17:1 with top pair, it's extremely difficult (for me at least) to lay this down for one bet.