PDA

View Full Version : Do I keep on trying?

kapw7
07-17-2005, 12:41 PM
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Sorry no reads on CO as he just have joined the table

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds.

There are no draws on the board so he either has a weak pair of tens or overcards. He open limped PF as well.

Do I bet the river? I feel that I lose a lot of times to A-high or low pair if I don't. Will he fold A-high? I don't know.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

bds
07-17-2005, 01:53 PM
With A high, I check the river. With K high, I bet hoping to fold A high.

StellarWind
07-17-2005, 03:50 PM
I might have checked the turn and folded the river unimproved. Against most players you'll often get the free showdown when you are ahead. This pot is small and your win-at-all-costs approach may be more expensive than it's worth.

Alternatively if you knew that Villain would auto-bluff the river then a turn check is still good. You'll make more money scooping bluffs than pushing 6-outers off this little pot.

Betting the turn is strong against a player who will call the flop and then fold a weak ace. Assuming he can even have an ace for his preflop play.

This hand is much too good to bet the river. He will not fold 1/7 of the time that he has a better hand. If he called the turn with ace high then he's probably planning to call again. You are ahead of most hands that he folds.

Grisgra
07-17-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This hand is much too good to bet the river. He will not fold 1/7 of the time that he has a better hand. If he called the turn with ace high then he's probably planning to call again. You are ahead of most hands that he folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. 95% of those that call the turn here with a weak ace will call that river as well.

kapw7
07-17-2005, 05:07 PM
I knew I overplayed my hand up to the turn but I felt I was right to bet the river. Well not anymore after your and Grisgra's reply. Great advice!