PDA

View Full Version : what to do here? top pair on 3 flush flop

Noodles
07-17-2005, 12:32 PM
1/2$ ,6 handed, no reads its my 1st few hands
Hero is in UTG with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero raises,fold,co calls,button calls,rest fold

FLOP 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets,CO calls, Button raises,i call,Co folds ,button calls

I thought they was no point of rerasing here,could get capped.

TURN 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

i check,he bets ,i call

RIVER:K /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet,he calls,

ok on the river i though he could be betting a flush draw all along or even a lower hand than mine so i bet now,

But if he reraised shoulkd i call, i think so, so does that make the river bet a waste?

Noodles
07-17-2005, 01:49 PM

bds
07-17-2005, 01:52 PM
I think you played it perfectly. And yes I would probably grit my teeth and call a river raise but am working on learning to fold here, because a raise probably means at least 2 pair.

sy_or_bust
07-17-2005, 01:55 PM
3-bet the flop. You have no reason to believe you're behind. Whatever you do, don't check the turn.

Noodles
07-17-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
don't check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean he may have been freecarding? yea if he was then i woulda lost a lot of bets,

ok say i 3 bet the flop and get capped,i really still have to call down to the river dont i? a lot will cap with one spade here,

hang on,if he does cap he could still be freecarding,
id have to check the turn after he caps wouldnt i?

Cornboy
07-17-2005, 02:11 PM
Absolutely cap the flop. Very unlikely he's calling 2 bets preflop with 2 spades, considering you have the ace, unless he's extremely loose. He's either raising on the draw or perhaps protecting an ace of his own. I'd cap the flop and lead on the turn. If he raises on the turn, that's a tough one. Any read would help make that decision.

Carmine
07-17-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm not really a SH guy but trying to learn. Something is bothering me about the turn. I'm not giving credit for the flopped flush and a better ace would have 3-bet PF most likely. So I have to put Villian on a weak Ace or a high /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I like the flop, but now do I want to give a free card on the turn or miss bets against a weak Ace that wanted to see where he was on the flop and is likely going to showdown no matter what.
I feel like this should be a turn lead or a check-raise. Yes there are the times he flops a flush(1%) or the set(12%), but we earn more in the longrun I think. Discussion please

Noodles
07-18-2005, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
cap the flop. Very unlikely he's calling 2 bets preflop with 2 spades, considering you have the ace, unless he's extremely loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

What??? Is this a joke?

JrJordan
07-18-2005, 02:04 PM
I'd rather donk bet the turn HU than the river because you can charge a high spade for a his draw instead of giving a free card. If he's aggro enough that you know he'll bet the turn, I'd c/r him and bet a non-spade river (and perhaps even a spade one via Clarkmeister).

Noodles
07-18-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel like this should be a turn lead or a check-raise. Yes there are the times he flops a flush(1%) or the set(12%), but we earn more in the longrun I think. Discussion please

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i like this more than raising the flop as somewill cap that flop with one spade anyway,i think cring is best,

yes i think i played this too weak and may take the cr turn road from now on in situations like this