PDA

View Full Version : $2/$5 TT Overpair

BuBu_
07-17-2005, 12:10 PM
$2/$5 6-Handed (6MAX)

Villian is very loose preflop, seems to be in just about every hand. A few hands back I won a pot off him (SB vs BB), where he called my PF raise with 52o and called down OOP with a gutshot straight draw.

Hero has T /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif in BB. Villian is on button with $315 - I have him covered.

PREFLOP:
UTG raises to $20, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, button (villian) calls, SB calls, I call.

FLOP ($120) 6players!:
7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
All check to villian who bets $50, Hero raises to $125, Villian only calls.

TURN ($370):
4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero checks, Villian bets $60! with $110 behind, Hero pushes.

I really didn't like my play on this hand. I checkraised flop because I thought I was winning, but didn't raise anywhere near enough.

Comments on flop play are what most interest me.
Fold? ..Call? ..Raise to $175-$200 (a proper raise!)?

RESULTS below in white:
<font color="white">
Villian calls for remaining $110, and shows down 32s. River blanks
</font>

gomberg
07-17-2005, 03:28 PM
I think your raise amount is fine, as anyone who calls (other than terrible villain) probably has you beat. When villain plays it like that, you made a read that he'll do this with many more hands than a 7, and went with it. Nice hand...

ChewyMint
07-17-2005, 04:15 PM
I really don't mind the raise at all. What are your plans if he comes over the top for his last $170 right there? I would think it's a call with that much in the pot already. Any thoughts? Also, be sure to buddy list this player!

ChewyMint

flawless_victory
07-17-2005, 06:21 PM
if this guy really is incredibly horrible, then i think you played you this hand great.

BuBu_
07-18-2005, 05:51 AM
Thanks guys, I try to post hands that I think I played wrongly. Looks like I was right this time!

I felt like it was a good hand to show down for image improvement, playing for over 1/2 my stack on a paired board.