PDA

View Full Version : I finally gave in

PokerBob
07-17-2005, 12:03 PM
I bought an iPod. I had been considering it, and almost bought one from Bicyclekick but he decided to keep it which was fine with me. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be cut off from the rest of the table, and I hadn't owned a set of "headphones" since I was in high school over 15 years ago. ([censored] am I old). I wasn't sure if I'd use it. My experience at Canterbury yesterday pushed me over the edge. A grumpy, truck-driving [censored] berating the fish, an annoying old dude who kept calling aces "stickers" and letting out an irritating cackle everytime he said it, a metrosexual douche-bag who kept flirting with the acne-riddled chip runner, two gentlemen from the sub-continent discussing what they would have had had they not folded preflop. I could take it no more. So, after $350 at Target, I have an iPod and some noise-blocking headphones. I never thought I would become that guy. I am that guy. The other option was $19.99 on a Louisville Slugger and bashing all of their brains in, but nothing kills a good game like a guy beating the players to death with a baseball bat. That is all.

topspin
07-17-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The other option was $19.99 on a Lousiville Slugger and bashing all of thier brains in, but nothing kills a good game like a guy beating the players to death with a baseball bat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, this actually sounds like the fastest and most effective way to get all their chips. Plus you save $330.01 in costs to boot.

PokerBob
07-17-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The other option was $19.99 on a Lousiville Slugger and bashing all of thier brains in, but nothing kills a good game like a guy beating the players to death with a baseball bat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, this actually sounds like the fastest and most effective way to get all their chips. Plus you save $330.01 in costs to boot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prison is -EV IMHO.

Shoe
07-17-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Prison is -EV IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard their 1/2 cigarette game is gold mine.

toss
07-17-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I heard their 1/2 cigarette game is gold mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard being a big winner at that game will turn you into a mine of sorts.

smb394
07-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Bob, what kind of noise-cancelling phones did you get? I'm looking into adding a pair of these, and any recommendations would be helpful.

FWIW, this is more for work than the B&M, b/c someone years ago decided the company should have an "open floor plan". Great.

PokerBob
07-17-2005, 01:42 PM
I know nothing about these headphones. I bought some Phillips ones. They were $60, so I am guessing that they're not all that great.

07-17-2005, 02:56 PM
I highly recommend the Bose Quiet Comfort 2's. Definitely on the more expensive side but they work amazingly. I use these at work everyday and can't imagine traveling on an airplane without them.

A_Junglen
07-17-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I highly recommend the Bose Quiet Comfort 2's. Definitely on the more expensive side but they work amazingly. I use these at work everyday and can't imagine traveling on an airplane without them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the Bose Triports. No matter what pair you get be sure to burn them in. Burn-in is the term of "wear in" and to do so you need to hook up your headphones to some source. Then proceed to play the music very loud. Make you have a variety of music playing. Let it play for a 24hours or so, and then the sound quality improves drastically.

PokerBob
07-17-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the Bose Triports. No matter what pair you get be sure to burn them in. Burn-in is the term of "wear in" and to do so you need to hook up your headphones to some source. Then proceed to play the music very loud. Make you have a variety of music playing. Let it play for a 24hours or so, and then the sound quality improves drastically.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of $$$$ are we talking about here?

mrbaseball
07-17-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the Bose Triports

[/ QUOTE ]

I love my Triports. I wear them all day long. 2 45 minute trainrides which is key to drowning out all of the rude cellphone loudtalkers and godforbid if the ride home involves little kids! I forgot them one day a few weeks back and almost had to start strangling folks. Then I typically wear them for anotheer 4-6 hours while at work itself. The music really relaxes me and keeps me focused which helps my trading. Other guys in the office also have a lot of fun throwing bottle caps at me when they want my attention.

Mason Hellmuth
07-17-2005, 05:04 PM
Shure E3 (http://www.earphonesolutions.com/she3ea.html): heaven.

(I am not associated with this retailer.)

07-17-2005, 05:43 PM
I swear I got my QC2's for around $200. The Bose website says $300. I may not be remembering the price right, but the headphones are definitely worth the $200 I think I paid.

Triports should be $150.

shant
07-17-2005, 06:06 PM
Bob, you're rad.

hurlanator
07-17-2005, 06:25 PM
Bob, you're awesome. I /images/graemlins/heart.gif you.

PokerBob
07-18-2005, 10:05 AM
"Interesting story. When my wife was pregnant, we were going to name our child either Joshua or Alexander, but when we went to the hospital there were 9 Joshuas and 12 Alexanders that had just been born. We decided to pick a new name. I'm a big Louis L'Amor (sp?) fan, so we named our son Tyrell (sp?)."

"He's got stickers!!!"

"You called a raise with that? You're going to give away all of that money if you keep playing so stupid. The stupidity of the people in this room is amazing."

"You're only supposed to raise aces or kings from the blinds."

God bless the iPod.

Drew16
07-21-2005, 04:11 PM
A Louisville Slugger is more than $19.99

PokerBob
07-21-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. I completely made that number up. I was wondering when/if I'd get called on it.

TomBrooks
10-08-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Damn. I completely made that number up. I was wondering when/if I'd get called on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
$39.95

http://store.linedrive.com/louisville-pro-stock-c271-baseball-bat.html

http://www.sluggermuseum.org/??1128786121287

BigBaitsim (milo)
10-08-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Damn. I completely made that number up. I was wondering when/if I'd get called on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
$39.95

http://store.linedrive.com/louisville-pro-stock-c271-baseball-bat.html

http://www.sluggermuseum.org/??1128786121287

[/ QUOTE ]

This took like 2+ months for someone to look up????