PDA

View Full Version : a look at stats... new PP level is killing me.

wiggs73
07-17-2005, 09:59 AM
http://www.geocities.com/jw3714/stats.JPG

Does anyone else see a trend even close to this? Through ~275 $11s and $22s, I'm making money at every level of blinds except the new 75/150. These stats go back to before they added this level and I have less than 1k hands at it, so I suppose it could always just be an anomoly that will work itself out over time. However, I suspect that it is more than that.

I sorted the hands by T$ lost. I'm not sure if that helps clear matters up any though. In the Limit/Blind Structure Summary, all the stats look in line for the level except for Amount Won... that is, they're all between the level above and the level below, which is where I'd expect them to be.

Does anyone see anything in the stats that makes them think I have a leak at this level... (too agressive, too tight, stealing too much, etc). Or does anyone have any generic advice such as "I had the same trend until I tried ___". I know you can't tell a lot from stats alone, but I thought I'd post them anyway and see what kind of responses I get.

Freudian
07-17-2005, 10:10 AM
I don't think you should overanalyze. In my new PT db (600 SnGs) level 1 is breakeven for me, despite having been a big winner there in the past. Level 4 I lose chips on, despite having won in the past there. Meanwhile I make a tonne of chips in the new level 5 that more than make up for it.

I think it is mostly about variance if you are winner at your current level. Sure it can be that I am too agressive/too passive at some levels, but I am not going to start looking into these numbers in detail until I have twice my current numbers of SnGs.

raptor517
07-17-2005, 11:13 AM
u have 278 sngs played. you cannot decipher ANYTHING from that sample. holla

Bigwig
07-17-2005, 11:36 AM
In 278 SNGs, you're looking at ~2500 hands at that level, which is less than I play in a typical night (total). You wouldn't take much from one night of poker, would you? I don't think the sample is large enough.

wiggs73
07-17-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In 278 SNGs, you're looking at ~2500 hands at that level, which is less than I play in a typical night (total). You wouldn't take much from one night of poker, would you? I don't think the sample is large enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. I'm sure in time, I'll probably be losing money at all the other levels too. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif Just wanted to make sure this wasn't something that I should be too concerned about.

Maulik
07-17-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
u have 278 sngs played. you cannot decipher ANYTHING from that sample. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

raptor517
07-17-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you play more than 278 sngs in a night? also, 278 sngs is a lot more like 12k hands. holla

wiggs73
07-17-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you play more than 278 sngs in a night? also, 278 sngs is a lot more like 12k hands. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was saying that you'd see ~2500 hands at a particular level of blinds over that number of SNGs and that he plays more than 2500 hands per night.

raptor517
07-17-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was saying that you'd see ~2500 hands at a particular level of blinds over that number of SNGs and that he plays more than 2500 hands per night.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea im basically an idiot. ignore me. holla

Bluff Daddy
07-17-2005, 11:19 PM
raptor I thought you 278 tabled?

raptor517
07-17-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
raptor I thought you 278 tabled?

[/ QUOTE ]

im only up to 260. the other 18 im working on /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla