PDA

View Full Version : Talk about tight? Strangest stats I've ever seen.

BigBluffer
07-17-2005, 09:17 AM
I was playing some low-limit HE yesterday, clearing the Empire bonus, when I noticed these strange stats from one guy:

Hands: 238
VPIP: 0.45% (1/238)
PFR: 0.45% (1/238)
W$WSF: 5.26% (1/19)
W$@SD: 20.00% (1/5)
BB/100: -11.66

He only showed down 5/238 hands.
His only PFR was with QQ (did he get 0 AA and KK>)
His only win at SD was with 62s (from a blind)
His other SD's were with KJo, K3o and 97o (all from a blind)

Any reasonable explanations for this kind of play? I can think of 2:
1. Total noob just hoping to hang in there while clearing a bonus. He probably won't make it - he's losing almost $20 per 100 raked hands.
2. His bot is broken.

What are some of the strangest stats you guys have come across?

toss
07-17-2005, 09:20 AM
Its probably some attempt to Bonus whore without playing.

Wacken
07-17-2005, 09:26 AM
ya, i thought about that too before. Only folding i could do at 243523 tables simultaniously.

for example you get a bonus and must play 10 times the amount of dollars in raked hands. meaning every raked hand pays you 10 cent.
With 75 cent in blinds every 10 hands, every hand costs you 7.5 cents.

I decided that since not every hand is raked this would not be profitable. Then, if you only play the top pairs QQ KK and AA, it should become profitable though.

However, since i am not getting infinite bonusses to use on this, i rather just play normally and maximize my EV on the bonusses i do get /images/graemlins/smile.gif

spamuell
07-17-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He probably won't make it - he's losing almost $20 per 100 raked hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over a ridiculously small sample size. Assuming he's playing at least AA and KK as well, and his post-flop play from the blinds isn't too majorly retarded, he will probably come out ahead with the bonus as well.

BigBluffer
07-17-2005, 11:58 AM
I've been thinking about how best to play against this kind of player if I'm trying to clear a bonus, and I've decided the best thing is to NOT play against him. It's like an empty seat at the table. He doesn't contribute to the pot, reducing the average pot size and decreasing the raked hand percentage. If he does come in, you know to get out of Dodge unless you have AA or KK. Better to just find another table. Unless of course his presence is more than offset by the presence of many uber-fishies.

Offsprung
07-17-2005, 12:19 PM
I think you were right on with the bot comment. Too suspicious...

07-17-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been thinking about how best to play against this kind of player if I'm trying to clear a bonus, and I've decided the best thing is to NOT play against him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think the best way to play against this guy is to sit on his right and steal his blind every chance you get. The pots won't be bonus-worthy but taking his blind should more than offset the fact that the hand isn't raked.

Used to see this a lot at InterPoker. After a while you get people trying to make blind steals from MP1. Now you just 3 bet if you've got reasonable hands and you'll end up with a raked hand and probably something playable.

TheNoodleMan
07-17-2005, 02:23 PM
I've seen this type of player before. You want to sit to his right and steal every chance you get. If he plays back at you, fold.