PDA

View Full Version : will this get you banned from empire poker???

miami32
07-17-2005, 08:16 AM
I was playing in a sit'n'go tourney today when this went down-

With three players left one player went all in. While I was mulling over to call or not the other player told me over chat that i should call because he wasn't. Well I called and the guy got knocked out. The guy who got knocked out went beserk and explained that he though we cheated and he said he emailed them and we're going to get banned. Well we didn't cheat cause I don't know the guy. Is that enough to get either of us banned??

Mike

Mike Haven
07-17-2005, 08:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well we didn't cheat

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
While I was mulling over to call or not the other player told me over chat that i should call because he wasn't

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Well I called

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you define as cheating in your games?

Edit:

Admittedly, you were put in an impossible position by the other player. If anyone gets banned, it will be him, although they'll probably only remove his chat for a month.

Baulucky
07-17-2005, 08:28 AM
I think this may get you into their VIP players' club.

Wacken
07-17-2005, 08:29 AM
I wouldn't call that cheating. If he didn't know the guy. It was the other guys mistake (and reason to ban him)

If someone tells you what cards he just folded and that information is usefull for you, you will use that information in your decisions right ? Seems like the same thing to me. Just using the information you get.

Of course, calling because someone else sais so seems a bit weird to me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rudbaeck
07-17-2005, 08:58 AM
As others have said, you didn't cheat and should be in the clear. (This is off course going on the odd idea that Empire support is rational, or even staffed by sophonts.)

The other guy should have his chat taken away for a long, long time.

Keith Fellmy
07-17-2005, 09:29 AM
This is why I like Poker Stars. Once a player goes all in, no chat is allowed. A good idea that all sites need to implement.