PDA

View Full Version : TT live 15/30 hand that's bothering me

DeathDonkey
07-17-2005, 07:18 AM
Live 15/30 full kill, the game is playing a bit loose and aggressive but they are reasonable postflop from what I can tell.

MP1 opens and I 3 bet next up with T /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif folded to SB who coldcalls and MP1 calls. SB is too loose preflop and hasn't done anything remarkable postflop so far, he is ok though. MP1 is pretty tight and passive, scares easily. (given that on MP1 the preflop is still ok right?)

The flop is Q /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif checked to me, I bet, SB checkraises, MP1 folds, I pause and call.

Turn is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif he leads and I raise in tempo, he hesitates for a few seconds and looks sad and calls. River is a blank and I check behind.

Do I need to bet this river? Should I just fold on the turn?

Thanks for any comments,
DeathDonkey

Masquerade
07-17-2005, 07:34 AM
If you believe he has a queen (or a better hand) on the flop then you should fold. You have virtually no chance to improve and if doesn't lay his hand down when an ace comes on the turn then its going to be hard to bluff him out. I think you need to be 75% or so sure he has you beat on the flop to fold there.

However, given your call, I really like the turn raise. Since I now dont think you can win a showdown I'd consider betting the river too. He might fold a weak queen with busted flush draw.

cpitt398
07-17-2005, 08:50 AM
You either have to fold the turn or bet the river.

Cancuk
07-17-2005, 09:13 AM
I like the turn raise, but i dot think hes folding his queen here on the river after the turn call. my guess is KQ.
cheers.