PDA

View Full Version : the tao of steve

morgan180
07-17-2005, 04:50 AM
while i think this is an poorly filmed and written movie i think it offers a good line to take with women ... anyone else seen it?

The Yugoslavian
07-17-2005, 05:49 AM
I saw it this week for the first time, actually.

Awful movie in many ways but I enjoyed it and do feel there is a kernel of insight to be had. I'm not exactly sure I soaked it up very well though, /images/graemlins/confused.gif.

Yugoslav

morgan180
07-17-2005, 06:27 AM
nice yugo - why can i count on you to be up at 3 am on 2+2 on a saturday?? my wife is at a final table on UB so i am just killing time till she's ready to go to bed.

the tao of steve salient points:

1. be passionless in a woman's presence - you have to really just hang out - it throws them a curve ball if you're really not trying to get in their pants and it intrigues them

2. you must be excellent in their presence - do something excellent that makes sleeping with you acceptable or appealing.

3. be scarce - after being excellent you have to retreat so they want to pursue you. dogs don't chase rocks they chase rabbits - they equate desirability with the level of difficulty it takes to "catch" you

all solid advice IMHO.

SomethingClever
07-17-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
while i think this is an poorly filmed and written movie i think it offers a good line to take with women ... anyone else seen it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poorly filmed? Yeah, I guess. Poorly acted? Definitely in a few spots. I didn't think it was poorly written though.

morgan180
07-17-2005, 03:34 PM
ok maybe not poorly written but the casting that was chosen to deliver the lines was horrible - except for the lead roles.