PDA

View Full Version : Maniacs/Dumb players getting rewarded online?

07-17-2005, 04:01 AM
It is said that a hyper-aggressive maniac will eventually go down but he will take down a lot of people with him. Like when you raise preflop with your Aces and get re-raised by the maniac, you reraise him and he calls.

Flop is A/images/graemlins/club.gif9/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/heart.gif. You make a tiny bet, and as you wished, he comes out swinging, you reraise him all in and he calls with his Q/images/graemlins/club.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif and wins.

The maniac will also unknowingly make a lot of people fold their winning hands. Like when you got A4 and he got KQ, flop is AQ2 and he will reraise a player enough to make him fold (not knowing the maniac's a maniac of course). And just as you think you caught the maniac with a bad bet, in a similar hand, he would catch his K/Q on the river and call you an idiot for calling.

It does in fact take the Nuts to take down such player. But by the time this is done, his stack is so big that he only loses a fraction of his stack and repeats his process.

I personally avoid tables where players often go All-In with a massive stack on just top pair, Ace-high preflop, any PP preflop, flush/straight draws on flop of even rags.

At one of my home games, we had a maniac, he said to me when his turn will come he'll go all in. I said "my ass" and layed a 500$ chip down with my A6o (blinds were 15/30). He reraised me to 1000 and I went all in, he called. He had 74s and won by hitting a 7!

So... good read, good bet... bad results? I get laughed at for going all in with A6o but what about him??? 47s?

Discuss.

pryor15
07-17-2005, 04:40 AM
**yawn**

mmmmmbrother
07-17-2005, 05:18 AM
there just seems so many of them because they have a 2-3 week shelf life

Rockatansky
07-17-2005, 10:50 AM
If dumb players weren't rewarded, I'd have busted out a long time ago.

timprov
07-17-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there just seems so many of them because they have a 2-3 week shelf life

[/ QUOTE ]

Maniacs, or people who post this crap?

jman220
07-17-2005, 12:45 PM
For an appropriate response to this thread, please see Link. LINK (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2749122&page=3&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

gurkbajs
07-17-2005, 12:57 PM
As frustrating as maniacs can be...in the end they pay like an ATM card with open access, that is if you are solid player. The best advice is study more on how to play against those loose aggressive players.

Sykes
07-17-2005, 01:27 PM
So, you hate money and you're also awful at poker? Good combination there.

shant
07-17-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thread over.

Alobar
07-17-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lehighguy
07-17-2005, 02:54 PM
You just have to learn to play better. Learning how to deal with maniacs is part of being a good poker player. They can be your best source of funds.

My guess is your a weak-tight ABC poker player and you haven't learned to adapt.

mdeck
07-17-2005, 03:12 PM
I wonder why people think other players want to hear them whine about beats...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BigBaitsim (milo)
07-17-2005, 03:17 PM
I've read two of your threads, and both are the kind seen from new players and bad players alike.

If you want to win at poker, start reading here. Read a lot. Search the archives for silliness like this before starting such a thread. Post a few hands for discussion in the Micro forum, but NO BAD BEAT STORIES.

bpb
07-17-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I personally avoid tables where players often go All-In with a massive stack on just top pair, Ace-high preflop, any PP preflop, flush/straight draws on flop of even rags.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as making money isn't one of your prime motivations for playing poker, this is perfectly reasonable.

Uppercut
07-17-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It does in fact take the Nuts to take down such player.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really one of the silliest statements of "fact" I have ever read on this site. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

tdarko
07-17-2005, 06:00 PM
now i really hate the canucks.

you play on UB dont you?

Dov
07-17-2005, 06:22 PM
I can't believe I'm actually responding to this, but I'm a little bored so here goes:

First of all, we really don't care about bad beat stories as has been mentioned already by others in this thread.

[ QUOTE ]
It is said that a hyper-aggressive maniac will eventually go down but he will take down a lot of people with him. Like when you raise preflop with your Aces and get re-raised by the maniac, you reraise him and he calls.

Flop is A93. You make a tiny bet, and as you wished, he comes out swinging, you reraise him all in and he calls with his Q2 and wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you making a tiny bet on the flop? For that matter, why weren't you all in preflop?

:shakes head: /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
And just as you think you caught the maniac with a bad bet, in a similar hand, he would catch his K/Q on the river and call you an idiot for calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you care what a maniac thinks of your play other than to take more money off of him?

[ QUOTE ]
It does in fact take the Nuts to take down such player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like A6o as demonstrated later in this post.

[ QUOTE ]
But by the time this is done, his stack is so big that he only loses a fraction of his stack and repeats his process.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you care? Even if this were true, and it's not, let the maniac get everyone else's chips, then you take them from him. Where's the problem?

[ QUOTE ]
I get laughed at for going all in with A6o but what about him??? 47s?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not the one claiming to be the poker expert now is he? Why compare your lousy play with his? They both suck.

BTW, this isn't even a bad beat, really:

pokenum -h 7h 4h - as 6c
Holdem Hi: 1712304 enumerated boards
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
7h 4h 719029 41.99 985831 57.57 7444 0.43 0.422
As 6c 985831 57.57 719029 41.99 7444 0.43 0.578

I think I'm done with this for the moment.