PDA

View Full Version : The truth about winning...

10-31-2001, 07:26 AM
Reading hundreds of thousands of words put together by the wizards of poker. Thousands of hours on the front lines of the poker wars and finally a glimmer of understanding comes forward to speak the truth. It was always there lurking just on the other side of consciousness, waiting to be discovered. Those who knew the truth all along have been shouting it from the highest mountain tops. They didn't try to keep it a secret, they have said it a thousand times. They have even put on demonstrations to show those of us who wanted the truth but were afraid to speak the words out loud. LUCK is the ingredient needed to be a winner.

You can pray, plead, beg, or cry for help but if Lady Luck is not at your side, you ain't got no chance of taking home the bacon. Forget about those pocket rockets that explode into a thousand crumbled pieces when confronted by the guy sitting next to Ms Luck. All the patience in the world will not distract Luck from the winners circle. She has a will of her own and she will not be deprived. She fears not the power of your cards, she laughs at your position and takes your chips to her favorite son of the moment.

Does it take a rocket scientist to figure out why the clueless win huge pots, go on endless rushes that create piles of chips stacked higher than Everest. No, it's luck and it's bad luck when they lose it. We have all been hoodwinked into believing there was some secret formula to be a winner. No my fellow posters and lurkers there is no magic formula to the winners circle. You need a rabbits foot, a lucky coin, a charm, anything that will woo Lady Luck to your side. She is a powerful force and when she's at your side you will be king of the stacks.

This information being presented today will undoubtably create a waive of depression amongst those of you who have been students of the game. You will become despondent over the hundreds maybe even thousands of dollars you have spent on books, videos and seminars to learn how to be a winner. You may feel the need to lock yourself into a dark room and weep over the lost hours of your life. Precious hours searching for the truth, when all along, all you needed to do was to spend a dollar twenty nine cents on a rabbits foot that would have changed your life forever. Sometimes in life you have to give up dreaming about the impossible. Grow up and face life's challenges with your eyes wide open.

The truth sometimes hurts but you must remember, the situation is always the boss. The four P's of poker, Patience, Power, Position and Politeness are important but they have nothing to do with winning. They have everything to do with not losing to much when Lady Luck is on a mercy mission to help one of the clueless. She can not be at your side every single day of your life. This is one busy lady, she has to take care of the craps players, the slot drones, and all the other mindless gamblers in the world. So get yourself a lucky charm, play tight and aggressive and who knows your next session she might show up and give you her blessing.

SPM,...finally got a lucky charm four wins in a row... :-)

10-31-2001, 08:41 AM
been scientifically proven that friends of dogs , who have doggie companions, (not pets) have healthier lives, verified less trips to the doctor, are happier , more active idividuals and are clearly luckier than those less connected individuals who toil without canine protection...amazing you are still at the green felt battleground..must clearly be a much better player than your enlightened opponents who freely dwell with pooch protection..gl

10-31-2001, 08:58 AM
you should read vol iii by mason...that'll really increase your luck...gl

10-31-2001, 09:16 AM
Your post put a smile on my face :o)

10-31-2001, 10:26 AM

10-31-2001, 10:29 AM
I couldn't agree more Suburban Poker Man that LUCK is the determining factor in whether one loses or wins but try to convince those "great players" that it isn't their extraordinary level of skill that brings home the win is impossible.

Try and convince the player who makes a royal flush against aces full on the river that it was skill and not luck that the royal came to take down the pot down. Try and convince the player who played an 8/9 of hearts for $40 before the flop of ace/queen/jack hitting one heart in the flop and then hitting runner king of hearts and runner 3 of hearts to take the pot down against aces & queens on the flop, aces and kings on the turn and two nut straights on the turn. I have been very unsuccessful in trying to convince good players like these "great ones" that luck has anything to do with winning.

10-31-2001, 12:26 PM
hmmm, 600 word post, and ive been letting you win the last few days. dont bite the hand that feeds you.

ray zee: the great spook on oct 31

10-31-2001, 10:27 PM
I understood your post perfectly. It was very well written. Since you are the Last person that I know who spent the

night with Lady Luck, I'd like to ask you some questions.

O.K.? Leave your answer next to the corresponding number.

1) How was she?

2) Did she ever say to you that she would be right back?

3) Did you ask her for a commitment?

4) Did she prefer that you called her Lady or Luck?

5) After she gives you everything you ever wanted, does she

expect anything in return?

thanks

slim

10-31-2001, 10:50 PM
** I understood your post perfectly. It was very well written. Since you are the Last person that I know who spent the

night with Lady Luck, I'd like to ask you some questions.

O.K.? Leave your answer next to the corresponding number.

I'm not sure if you are talk to z or me so I'll chance it and assume you want me to respond. I hope I don't make an ass out of u and me...

1) How was she?

A> As always, she was intoxicating.

2) Did she ever say to you that she would be right back?

A> When she's with you, you can't ever believe she will ever leave you. But as we both know, she's a women and her moods can change in a split second.

3) Did you ask her for a commitment?

A> True love never requires a commitment it's assumed. And we both know what happens when you assume.

4) Did she prefer that you called her Lady or Luck?

A> Like the song says Luck be a Lady to night.

5) After she gives you everything you ever wanted, does she

expect anything in return?

A> No, but she does leave you with the biggest smile you ever saw.

**thanks

slim

SPM,...anytime it was my pleasure...

11-01-2001, 08:17 AM
now that was great, and maybe zee has gotten to you, a succinct goal oriented post..to the point, focused,,lol,,gl

11-01-2001, 10:07 AM
All I need to be succinct is to have someone lead me in the correct direction. Left with my own imagination I get lost in a sea of ideas. Then my fingers, spell check, and I are off and running in an endless ocean of words.

SPM,...stop using words I must look up before I answer...