PDA

View Full Version : Sucking it up with TT - $55

pergesu
07-17-2005, 03:12 AM
Immediately when I made this call, I felt like it was horrible. Any chance this isn't an awful call? Or am I right that this is a leak?

***** Hand History for Game 2377213538 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $50 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee Trny:14006319 Level:1 Blinds(10/15) - Sunday, July 17, 03:07:18 EDT 2005
Table Table 15637 (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: T2006 ( $365 )
Seat 2: trappedyou ( $2005 )
Seat 3: op3c2d2r ( $985 )
Seat 4: helie_lee ( $2230 )
Seat 6: shooby77 ( $1000 )
Seat 7: bobodds ( $675 )
Seat 8: tribbles33 ( $795 )
Seat 9: pattywack85 ( $975 )
Seat 10: spudneck ( $970 )
Trny:14006319 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to pattywack85 [ Ts Td ]
trappedyou: if anyone has spy poker can u tell me what my %%%% is, I know i am a fish so don;t worry about that my bank acct tells me taht
>You have options at Table 13943 Table!.
shooby77 folds.
bobodds folds.
tribbles33 folds.
pattywack85 calls [15].
spudneck raises [70].
T2006 folds.
trappedyou calls [70].
op3c2d2r folds.
helie_lee folds.
pattywack85 calls [55].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 3h, 7s, 8c ]
op3c2d2r: 3%
pattywack85 bets [165].
spudneck is all-In [900]
trappedyou: damn
trappedyou: really?
trappedyou folds.
pattywack85 calls [735].

johnnybeef
07-17-2005, 03:18 AM
fold this one.

curtains
07-17-2005, 03:20 AM
I fold preflop to the 55 chip raise. If it was a bit smaller I call though.

ZeroPointMachine
07-17-2005, 05:06 AM
I'm still calling this preflop, betting the over pair and folding quickly to the raise.

I've got a whole collection of this same bad call...

I'm dumb, but I'm gettin learned /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

fluorescenthippo
07-17-2005, 05:13 AM
"trappedyou: if anyone has spy poker can u tell me what my %%%% is, I know i am a fish so don;t worry about that my bank acct tells me taht"

this is awesome

Unarmed
07-17-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Curtains, you gotta stop giving this advice. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pergesu,

Make sure you don't make it easy for your opponents to make the correct decision. Also make sure you don't overuse the word make.

Anyway, there is a much better line here, try to figure it out by determining how you make the most against AK or lose the least against AA. (remember what you'd to if you were PF raiser with AK)

Hint: Leading and calling a push isn't it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pergesu
07-17-2005, 10:20 AM
I check-raise him, because he's a donk and HAS to throw out a CB. Which is actually what I was originally planning on doing. Plus if I check, PF raiser bets, and then the guy that cold-called the raise decides to jack it up, I can get out of there.

I think the problem is if he makes a bet of 1/2 the pot or more, and I put in a reasonable raise, then I'm committed. So it just kinda sucks.

When you tell curtains not to give out that advice, is it cause you want donks calling you with TT preflop like that? Or cause you think it's bad advice? And what're you talkin about not overusing the word "make"?

Unarmed
07-17-2005, 10:54 AM
I agree checking is 100% correct here.
Think about the difference between C/Ring and check/calling and leading the turn, especially with respect to your stack and position.

pergesu
07-17-2005, 11:03 AM
If I check call, we have a pot of ~550 on the turn. My stack is 735. I lead a non-scary (or any?) turn for 250-350...which gets me committed, doesn't it?

suited_ace
07-17-2005, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Why? What is the difference between this raise and a smaller one?

Unarmed
07-17-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I check call, we have a pot of ~550 on the turn. My stack is 735. I lead a non-scary (or any?) turn for 250-350...which gets me committed, doesn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you flat call a flop bet, lead the turn and get raised, you are beat. Gven this, you CAN lead the turn for 250 and fold to a raise.

C/Ring the flop is bad because tons of idiots will flat call with overs and then you're OOP on the turn in a crappy spot. The only C/R here is all-in, which I don't mind, but we're a touch too deep I think.

I prefer calling and leading the turn because if we're beat, we don't lose everything. The downside is we risk giving a free card that beats us and/or we may be up against the odd opponent that will flat call with overs on the turn. However, I don't view this as all that likely because:

- there's only one card left
- flat calling the flop and leading the turn is one of the stronger lines in hold-em

Honestly, I think your stack is sort of in no-mans land here. Shorter and I C/R all in on the flop. Larger and I check/call, lead the turn. I think you can probably do either here, but I prefer the latter.

curtains
07-17-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Why? What is the difference between this raise and a smaller one?

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference is that Im investing a smaller percentage of my stack to either flop a set or for something else good to happen. I don't like investing over 5% of my stack in these situations.

Please note that this is just my style of playing and I don't profess by any means that folding is clearly better than playing the hand. I'm sure it's possible to call for some people, it just doesn't make me feel good.

Ryendal
07-17-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, there is a much better line here, try to figure it out by determining how you make the most against AK or lose the least against AA. (remember what you'd to if you were PF raiser with AK)

[/ QUOTE ]

I am really interested by the way you play by leading at the turn.
BTW I feel depressive to fold at the turn to get out of AA ... I will have a bit less 500 left, and it will happend more times than when the opponent will get some overpair, if he's a donk and "feel" him pot-commited.

Else to be sure, what do u do on a flop allin (yes I know it's a little brutal) , you call I guess ?

45suited
07-17-2005, 04:19 PM
I would've folded this one.

I am interested in how much later in position you'd have to be to open raise with TT. I like your limp here, but I'd say if you were maybe one, definitely two positions later, I'd open raise with TT.

curtains
07-17-2005, 04:59 PM
I would always open raise with TT from this position. I don't limp a hand this strong from 3 off the button.

MegaBet
07-17-2005, 05:37 PM
Good preflop call, terrible flop call.

I'm looking for trips or at the very least the nut straight to be getting all my chips in.