PDA

View Full Version : Banned From Truepoker

SqueeOnE
07-17-2005, 01:34 AM
I posted this in MTT section but its probably beter here!

Like it says, me and my wife were banned for "Colluding"..

BUT, Here is what happend and I would like some honest opinons...

We have been playing at the same site for approx 3 years...

Sometime 3 years ago when we started we asked a question...The weekly "Big Tourney" was coming up and we asked support if it was ok for me and the wife to both play.

Support respone was..."We have no control over multi table tourney seating so yeah" "Just dont play single table ones"

Im like sweet...So we play...For the past 3 years we have played approx 200,000 raked hands there and have enterd a handful of tourneys...We just havent been into the tourneys is all.

So 3 years later we enter a 20+2 multi table tourney with a field of 65...

After first break I have chip lead and the wife is sitting in 2nd...

I get moved and sure enough I am at her table...

we play a bit and the player on my right says " Hey isnt in kinda wrong for the 2 of you to be at the same table"

I respond...yes and no..But we asked host and they says its ok for Multi Table Tourneys...

he babbles and gets pissed...goes on tilt and loses his stack(not to me or the wife)..

2 mins later....I get a message from the host

He goes on saying that its not allowed...blah blah blah...I tell him we checked first...blah blah blah..

Then he bans us both(for 24hrs) and we are gone from tourney...and site...

To be perfectly honest, it wasnt or isnt our intention to collude and are very honset people that love poker and work hard to try and improve our game...

Uglyowl
07-17-2005, 01:46 AM
If everything you say is true, that sucks.

SaintAces
07-17-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Luv2DriveTT
07-17-2005, 01:54 AM
It does suck... explain your story, and promise to never play the same tourny together again.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

rusellmj
07-17-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

SoftcoreRevolt
07-17-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But, for maximum impact this thread should have been titled "Banned From PooPoker"

Synergistic Explosions
07-17-2005, 03:33 AM
I can't blame TP for what they did to you and your wife. I wouldn't want to be sitting at the final table with two people from the same household. Or any table for that manner.

Sure, maybe you and your wife are honest, but if they allowed it for you, then they'd have to allow it for others, who may not be so honest.

So best to not allow it for anyone.

I'm sure the support person who told you it was OK was in error. I'm glad the site didn't take drastic measures against you two, as that sounds like it would be uncalled for. But now you know it's not OK and can avoid that mistake in the future. However, I think they should refund your buy ins to the tourney if you show them the correspondence with support that said it wasn't against any rule.

SqueeOnE
07-17-2005, 03:45 AM
We play MTT tourneys at other sites(ie: PP, PS) and it has been confirmed by phone with security at PP that it is ok.

Couples that play MTT tourneys together is more common that you think. The only reason that it became an issue is that me and my wife share similar names at TP. If we were hiding something...that would be the first thing...

Think of how many college kids play in dorms, shared housing etc..

In my opinion...the software would dissallow registration of 2 players housing the same IP address.

skoal2k4
07-17-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

In my opinion...the software would dissallow registration of 2 players housing the same IP address.

[/ QUOTE ]

many people share the same ip address... you and your wife do as well (if you use a standard peer to peer network at your home with internet sharing)

IggyWH
07-17-2005, 03:53 AM
Couple things...

1)You actually got this confirmed from TP that it is okay? That detail isn't clear in your posts. You mention other sites and you mention 3 years ago, but you never actually mention True Poker told you it was okay.

2)PM David (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sendprivate.php?Cat=&User=430&Board=inet&Number=25 14403&what=showflat&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=2&vc =1), True Poker's CEO. David's a really nice guy and very well respected around here so be nice to him.

SqueeOnE
07-17-2005, 04:06 AM
To clarify, we have been at True Poker (loyally) for 3 years, have been in (estimated guess) around 50 MTT's together as it was approved by the True Poker Host.

I knew that David was affiliated with TP...Shocking to find out that he is the CEO..I will definitly send him a nice message.

BTW...Me and the wife were in the same tourney yesterday which she went on to win without ever being on the same table as I(i busted out early ).

rusty JEDI
07-17-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm sure the support person who told you it was OK was in error.

[/ QUOTE ]

When i first started truepoker was one of the first sites for me. My brother (who lived in the same house with me) also played there at the time. We were new so we only played the $1 3 table tournies. These eventually got phased out to 1 every few hours and we both wanted to play them because its all we could afford.

We asked support if we could both enter and were worried what they would do if we were at the same table. We got the exact same story and they said that in a MTT not to worry about it, but in ring games dont sit together (at the time they did not have single table tournies)

So I will vouch for this person that they definitely used to say two related people from the same household could play together in an MTT.

I think this is support error and they need to do more than just pay back the entry fees if they were in fact leading the tourny.

rJ

IggyWH
07-17-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW...Me and the wife were in the same tourney yesterday which she went on to win without ever being on the same table as I(i busted out early ).

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet she had a good night rubbing it in your face too.

SqueeOnE
07-17-2005, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet she had a good night rubbing it in your face too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be the first to admit that she it better than me and its mostly due to the fact that she taught me!

07-17-2005, 05:50 AM
It seems you still didnt learn your lesson!

Patchmaster
07-17-2005, 05:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
To be perfectly honest, it wasnt or isnt our intention to collude and are very honset people that love poker and work hard to try and improve our game...

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no doubt you believe you would never collude. Perhaps you wouldn't. But my (admittedly limited) experience in real life leads me to believe otherwise.

The wife of one of the players in a regular game I was in years ago loved to play poker. We were shorthanded one time and he asked if she could play. I was skeptical, but he assured me they went at each other even harder than they did other players. For the most part it was okay, and, true to his word, when it was just the two of them in a hand it was almost brutal. But there were a few occasions where it seemed very much like one was pumping the pot for the other. I'm sure it was nothing they planned. More like the opportunity arose and one thought they could help out the other and saw nothing wrong with that.

She played with us one other time and there were again a few instances where there seemed to be passive collusion. One would take some action that seemed considerably more in the interest of their spouse than themselves. A couple other people at the game noticed it and the wife was not invited to play again.

A different friend's wife also filled in once when we were shorthanded. This friend is one of the most honest people I know. I would not hesitate to trust him with my life's savings. Even so, the collusion between them, particularly on her part, was quite obvious. At one point she even made a comment like, "Well, it's all OUR money anyway." She wins, he wins, it was all the same to her.

The point here is that married people often think of themselves as one person, or at least as a team. I'm talking about everyday life here. It becomes the normal mindset that you help each other out. When it comes time to play poker, it's virtually impossible to put aside that mindset from everyday life. I'm sure most honest couples wouldn't dream of colluding at poker, but I'm not sure they are capable of even realizing when they're doing it.

I think it would be in everyone's best interest if the poker sites prevented related persons from playing in the same tournament, regardless of the number of players involved.

SqueeOnE
07-17-2005, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems you still didnt learn your lesson!

[/ QUOTE ]
Whatever that means!!!

SqueeOnE
07-17-2005, 06:10 AM
Very well said, but if that were the case we would have no problem not being aloud to play in the same tourney...However, seeing that they accepted our registration under the basis that we were aloud to participate in MTT tourneys together and then being removed from the tables as we sat in 1st and 2nd(I want it to be clear that we had 1st and 2nd prior to me being moved to her table) seems greatly unjust in this late stage of the tourney.

djack
07-17-2005, 06:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I knew that David was affiliated with TP...Shocking to find out that he is the CEO..I will definitly send him a nice message.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't his name on here "TruePokerCEO"? I know at least one of them is, and I think it's the one he posts under most.

Freudian
07-17-2005, 07:48 AM
I think once this is cleared up it is better to just use one account for each MTT. There is nothing preventing you from making decisions togherer in front of the computer.

Mike Haven
07-17-2005, 08:02 AM
A couple of months ago I played with a husband and wife in a cash game at True. If it was you, you'll probably remember, because I made a big song and dance about it and I reported them to True Support, even though the two said Support knew they were h&w and had told them there was no problem playing in the same game, and they had been doing so for a couple of years.

It turned out that True did not know they were h&w, and would not have agreed to let them play in the same cash game.

It will be interesting if David tells us, here, what their rules are in these cases.

bigredlemon
07-17-2005, 08:14 AM
Hold on a sec... my popcorn is almost done...

/this looks like a good action flick /images/graemlins/cool.gif

pokerjoker
07-17-2005, 08:23 AM
I beleive you have good intentions but answer this....4 people left, 3 win money.....you have aa and ur wife raises you....are you really going to try and get her allin or maybe "slowplay" a bit.......This situation happened when i was playing a real life game with my dad...i just couldnt do it....

grinin
07-17-2005, 12:40 PM
There was a thread on the MTT forum about a couple (one a longtime poster here) who were given approval to play in MTT's, by Party I think. They played dozens together. Finally they finished 1st and 2nd and the guy in third place was pissed. I think nothing happened if I remember correctly.

I think this is commonly allowed by most sites. But I hope you saved some e-mail or something else which gave True's approval. If this was all done over the phone, next time be sure to follow up with a e-mail to the guy approving it and cc the general support address with an email saying "per our conversation on this date in regards to .... blah, blah, blah"

Proper recompense would be the amount you would be paid if the tournament had to end early with you guys in the lead.

beernutz
07-17-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A couple of months ago I played with a husband and wife in a cash game at True. If it was you, you'll probably remember, because I made a big song and dance about it and I reported them to True Support, even though the two said Support knew they were h&w and had told them there was no problem playing in the same game, and they had been doing so for a couple of years.

It turned out that True did not know they were h&w, and would not have agreed to let them play in the same cash game.

It will be interesting if David tells us, here, what their rules are in these cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Curiouser and curiouser.

WWJFergusonD?
07-17-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I beleive you have good intentions but answer this....4 people left, 3 win money.....you have aa and ur wife raises you....are you really going to try and get her allin or maybe "slowplay" a bit.......This situation happened when i was playing a real life game with my dad...i just couldnt do it....

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you don't have the proper competitive poker instincts. The same holds for husbands and wives or even friends who play together and softplay each other.

If you're not going for each other's throats (in the metaphorical sense), then you don't belong in the game. I speak as a wife who goes for her husband's and friend's throats, makes no bones about or apologies for it, and gets pissed off when I lose (graciously, of course).

The fact that you don't believe that this exceedingly competitive attitude exists doesn't negate the fact that it can and does exist.

StellarWind
07-17-2005, 02:45 PM
I frequently make plays that help one opponent over another.

Before you all pounce let me add that I don't make them *because* they help another player. I make them because I'm trying to help myself. But if you don't understand the reason for my play then you might wonder what I'm doing. And if you knew that the beneficiary was my wife you might become really upset and start questioning the integrity of the game.

That's the problem when spouses play together. No matter how honestly they play something will eventually happen that looks bad. That leads to hard feelings and problems for the site.

Many married bridge partnerships develop an almost telepathic ability to read each other's hands. I suspect the same thing happens at poker. If you talk poker and play together often enough then your play against each other is going to become very insightful. You'll be able to get away from trap hands that would normally doom you. You'll also recognize bluffs that allow you to raise the rest of the field off their hands. It's all completely legitimate but it looks terrible because no one else can see what you see.

TheHammer24
07-17-2005, 02:54 PM
If the situation you explained is correct, then you did get the short end of the stick. However, IMHO, I would be very uncomfortable to have two chip leaders in the same house sitting next to each other at my table. Collusion is a huge thing in online poker and sites need to instill a 0 tolerance policy of banning on the first offense.

StacysMom
07-17-2005, 03:01 PM
I have heard of people using multiple accounts in MTT's to gain an advantage. No offense to your wife, she might be a great player. But the majority of girlfriends and wives that play alot are gnomes. It is possible this is what TP is suspicious of.

SqueeOnE
07-17-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A couple of months ago I played with a husband and wife in a cash game at True.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have never been allowed to play a cash game together at True Poker...The software does not allow us to join the same table.

Heck, I cant even play with my brother(dosent live in same house) because I have logged in on his computer with my account. Their security systems are pretty strict and it tells you right away that it is not allowed....Except for MTT tourneys!

Also, we went to TP's Play Money Servers in order to practice HU against each other and it is not allowed.

Patchmaster
07-17-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, seeing that they accepted our registration under the basis that we were aloud to participate in MTT tourneys together and then being removed from the tables as we sat in 1st and 2nd(I want it to be clear that we had 1st and 2nd prior to me being moved to her table) seems greatly unjust in this late stage of the tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree completely. The action they took was wrong and you should receive some kind of compensation. Inconsistent enforcement of policy is even worse than bad policy.

And they still should change the policy to prevent the whole situation. While there might be husbands and wives who will compete just as fiercely against each other as they do against other opponents, I firmly believe they would be the rare exception.

SqueeOnE
07-18-2005, 01:51 PM
It turns out that David(TrueCEO) is travelling and we should hear from him soon.

I will post once I know!

general
07-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Personally, I don't care if the whole table is one family. I can tell if people are colluding and that is where reporting it comes in. Someone who could always see all of the cards could see very clear cheating patterns if it was happening. This is nothing but BS.

Synergistic Explosions
07-18-2005, 05:18 PM
Sites can't allow multiple ID's from the same household to play at the same tables or tournaments or SNG's. I don't see whats so hard to understand about this matter? If they openly allow it, then they are openly allowing the free wheeling abuse of colluders. IF theres no rules whatever to sanction this, then you will see many many people sitting at many many computers at the same table at the same household, looking at eachothers cards and manipulating the pots when they are in the same hands.

So you can't permit players from the same household ever playing at the same tables or same tourneys. Of course, those who are intent on cheating will find an easy way to do so. But still, sites can't sanctify doing so is permissable.

TruePoker CEO
07-19-2005, 05:12 PM
(Why is it shocking to find out I am the CEO ?)

Seriously, the Host screwed up our policy, period.

Truepoker's general policy does not allow players to enter ring game tables or S&G single tables if they are on the same IP or have ever played on the same IP. As for Multi-table tourneys, we do allow players to enter as seating is randomized.

What the Host should have done, as you did reach the final table, was to simply review play for collusion, report the complaint and send it for further review the next day. We would act if two players appeared to be actually colluding, and make whole the injured party.

For the record, what Banned reported he was told in the past is likely accurate. Both he and his wife are excellent customers of long standing. The ban was for a 24 hour period for review by me, and has expired, but it never should have been imposed on the spot absent actual collusion.

I will personally apologize for this mistake as I would not have taken the action.

Banned, I will be returning to the office this week. Please email me at management@truepoker.com. We will make you more than whole for this mistake.

David

TruePoker CEO
07-19-2005, 05:17 PM
We agree. In this instance there was no evidence of actual collusion, only chat indicating the players were in the same house.

David

KellyRae
07-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Why not just, in the future, not allow two players under the same roof from playing in the same MTT?

SqueeOnE
07-19-2005, 06:33 PM
All we got to say we are glad that we are back at home(True Poker) and everything was cleared up.
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Beach-Whale
07-19-2005, 06:53 PM
There is no site I respect more than True, and this proves it once again.

SqueeOnE
07-19-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is no site I respect more than True, and this proves it once again.

[/ QUOTE ]

KyleM
07-19-2005, 09:08 PM
did they give u $ to compensate for their fck up?

Guthrie
07-19-2005, 09:31 PM
I need to start playing at True Poker.

SoCalRugger
07-19-2005, 09:59 PM
Just started playing there today. They really need a four color deck.

Tilt
07-19-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I need to start playing at True Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shoe
07-19-2005, 10:16 PM
I would definitely play there a lot more if they had a 4 color deck and a 2d view (I do like the 3d view for an occasional change of pace too). I would consider the 4 color deck the most important change they could make (just my personal preference, i know others have other opinions).

Keep up the good work True!

GrannyMae
07-19-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would definitely play there a lot more if they had a 4 color deck and a 2d view (I do like the 3d view for an occasional change of pace too). I would consider the 4 color deck the most important change they could make (just my personal preference, i know others have other opinions).

Keep up the good work True!

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh

i could have been a 2D and 3D True avatar.

oh well... i assume the offer will apply to 2006 CEO?? can i have the suite and the women with it next year? i need 10th floor cuz' i'm feeling good and plan on making it to ROUND 3 next year!!! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

damn, why did i not grab like 20 shirts?? all that free stuff and i coulda dropped it in my room. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

note to self.. scoop the freebies early.

OYE

O Doyle Rules
07-19-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

damn, why did i not grab like 20 shirts?? all that free stuff and i coulda dropped it in my room. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

note to self.. scoop the freebies early.

OYE

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Granny,

I did the same thing and didn't load up on all the free stuff he had there. All those goodies and I walk out with more TruePoker condoms than anything else! Go figure!

(I also have to echo that Mr True is a class act. You can take his word to the bank.)

SqueeOnE
07-20-2005, 12:00 AM
I must have missed it Odoyle, how did you fair out at WSOP,
and maybe your play will speed up now that you arent playing 8 tables lmao!!

O Doyle Rules
07-20-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I must have missed it Odoyle, how did you fair out at WSOP,
and maybe your play will speed up now that you arent playing 8 tables lmao!!

[/ QUOTE ]

In the Main Event I busted out in level 5 in the first day. After eight hours and over 400 players out, I was still playing with the same 9 players I sat down with when the tourney started. Marco Traniello (Jennifer Harmon's husband - 7 cashes in this year's WSOP was at my table along with Rob Boyd. (Dutch's little brother) Also at my table was the poker-babe.com girl.

I did play in Event # 44 (1K event) and made it down to the final 13 tables. (970 players in it, I was about 33 places out of the money. They paid the final 9 tables.)

And, NO, I think I am slow if I play just one (which is rare) or eight tables.

stir
07-20-2005, 09:57 AM
Truepoker CEO has reported in another thread that they have a SW change in the works which will add a four color deck.
Hw did not specify as to when it would be implemented.

dlk9s
07-20-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sites can't allow multiple ID's from the same household to play at the same tables or tournaments or SNG's. I don't see whats so hard to understand about this matter? If they openly allow it, then they are openly allowing the free wheeling abuse of colluders. IF theres no rules whatever to sanction this, then you will see many many people sitting at many many computers at the same table at the same household, looking at eachothers cards and manipulating the pots when they are in the same hands.

So you can't permit players from the same household ever playing at the same tables or same tourneys. Of course, those who are intent on cheating will find an easy way to do so. But still, sites can't sanctify doing so is permissable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're missing the point. This was a MULTI TABLE tournament. Friends/spouses/roommates/siblings/etc., have no control over the seat assignments, which is why they are allowed to play in the same tourney. The only time they are guaranteed to be at the same table is if the players in question make the final table. And as TruePoker CEO said, it is when they are finally seated together that the poker room will review the play for collusion.

MentalNomad
07-20-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not just, in the future, not allow two players under the same roof from playing in the same MTT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there are specialty tournaments and freerolls that are one-of-a-kind. If my wife and I play thousands of hands and pay the rake and that rake money goes to a freeroll that we both qualify to enter, we would be pissed of only one of us could play.

I'm not declaring the weight of this factor versus the security issue -- I'm just saying that there are legitimate reasons for both sides. Every legitimate player deserves a fair game and a fair poker experience. Rules that protect one party but harm another must be very carefully considered.

cassette
07-20-2005, 01:11 PM
True Poker is a class act. A 4 color deck and 2-d view would make it one of my main sites.

Freudian
07-20-2005, 01:19 PM
Much respect for being very customer oriented.

SqueeOnE
07-25-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Banned, I will be returning to the office this week. Please email me at management@truepoker.com. We will make you more than whole for this mistake.

David

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, here it is:

Dear xxxxxxxxxx,

Your TruePoker real money account has been credited with $50.

Use the Cashier button in TruePoker to convert your $50 "cash" into chips.

Reason Given: playerrelations

Regards,

TruePoker Crew

__________________________________________________ ______

Emailed David like he asked, no reply.
Wife Emailed him 2 days later, no reply.
Then we get this generic E-Mail with no explanation.
Im not sure what formula was used to reach a $50 slap in the face but look at the formula we have,

Wife 107000 Raked Hands to date + Me 79000 Raked Hands to Date + Tourney Fees + Referalls = What just about any other poker site is looking for.

TomCollins
07-25-2005, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I'm sure any other site would have given you $200.

Give the $50 to me if you aren't happy with it.

SqueeOnE
07-25-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm sure any other site would have given you $200.

Give the $50 to me if you aren't happy with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Like you need it......

I dont think another site would of ripped us from the tables either...

rusty JEDI
07-26-2005, 01:41 AM
Was it $50 + return of the entry fees.

Or

Was it $50 period. Making it $44 for entries, and $6 for inconvenience?

When you were leading first and second in the tourny, how far from the money were you?

rJ

SqueeOnE
07-26-2005, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Was it $50 + return of the entry fees.

Or

Was it $50 period. Making it $44 for entries, and $6 for inconvenience?

When you were leading first and second in the tourny, how far from the money were you?

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

No return of entry fees.... 6 from money!

grinin
07-26-2005, 11:30 AM
You should have got something closer to this:

Players still in the tournament at time of cancellation will be refunded as follows:
1 Prize money equal to the amount that would have been awarded to the next player getting eliminated from the MTCT will be awarded to all the players still in the tournament at the time of cancellation.

2 Of the balance Prize Pool left awarding as per point 1, 50% of the remaining Prize Pool will be distributed equally between all players still in the tournament at the time of cancellation and 50% of remaining Prize Pool will be distributed on a percentage basis at time of cancellation based on their chip count.

primetime32
07-26-2005, 11:41 AM
maybe this was asked already, but shouldnt the two of you just play at different sites? Considering the problems that can always occur in a situation like this, how hard is it to open a party poker and a pokerstars account for each of you? why do you both need to play at the same site?

SqueeOnE
07-26-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should have got something closer to this:

Players still in the tournament at time of cancellation will be refunded as follows:
1 Prize money equal to the amount that would have been awarded to the next player getting eliminated from the MTCT will be awarded to all the players still in the tournament at the time of cancellation.

2 Of the balance Prize Pool left awarding as per point 1, 50% of the remaining Prize Pool will be distributed equally between all players still in the tournament at the time of cancellation and 50% of remaining Prize Pool will be distributed on a percentage basis at time of cancellation based on their chip count.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would would if the tourney was cancelled, We were the only 2 removed and the tourney continued and they paid out the full prize money to the winners Including our $40 worth of entry fees...

grinin
07-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Was it your fault that you were removed from the tourney?

No, so it was effectively "cancelled" for you.

You should settle for nothing less and quite frankly I am surprised that it was not resolved that way. Possibly just miscommunication between TrueCEO and accounting?

07-26-2005, 06:59 PM
man I CANT BELIEVE THAT THE SITE IVE PLAYED 180000 RAKED HANDS ON DID THAT TO LONG STANDING CUSTOMERS. I am not going to play there any more... and i hope others will do the same...

jman220
07-26-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
man I CANT BELIEVE THAT THE SITE IVE PLAYED 180000 RAKED HANDS ON DID THAT TO LONG STANDING CUSTOMERS. I am not going to play there any more... and i hope others will do the same...

[/ QUOTE ]

tttrrrrrrrooooooooollllllll

Tk79
07-26-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

lazdog23
stranger

Reged: 02/25/05

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

J_B
07-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Considering it's supposed to be Troo Poker, I hghly doubt you and the wifey would be kicked from a casino in the middle of a tourney for being at the same table.

SqueeOnE
07-27-2005, 07:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yooo Laz /images/graemlins/wink.gif

M.B.E.
07-27-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was it your fault that you were removed from the tourney?

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP admitted that he and his wife were looking at each others' hole cards while seated at the same table. That is cheating. Considering that, why did True give him a refund of any sort?

grinin
07-27-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The OP admitted that he and his wife were looking at each others' hole cards while seated at the same table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recall anywhere in the thread where OP admitted this.

FatalError
07-27-2005, 09:57 PM
Billy gazes has been at the same table as his wife in a tournament, howard and annie have been also

why is online any different

M.B.E.
07-27-2005, 10:21 PM
He admitted it in the MTT forum. Just click on the OP's screen name, then click on "Show All User's Posts".

Wyers
07-27-2005, 10:36 PM
Interesting.

I've been following this thread with interest and believed the whole incident to be due to an unfortunate misunderstanding and poor communication amongst TP staffers.

This was prior to reading the thread in the MTT forum.

You (Banned) acknowledge that you and your wife shared hole cards while seated at the same table. This is cheating and provides you and your spouse a significant advantage.

I'd be curious to know if TruePokerCEO has had a chance to look at the MTT thread and how it may change his view of the incident.

Your account should be frozen.

Case closed.

IggyWH
07-27-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He admitted it in the MTT forum. Just click on the OP's screen name, then click on "Show All User's Posts".

[/ QUOTE ]

In light of this, I hope both of your accounts are frozen and your money is confiscated. WHen you cheat, you don't only cheat the people at the table, you cheat the whole poker community so you can go eat a dick.

ncboiler
07-27-2005, 10:45 PM
I think the statute of limitation had worn off. I would have asked again.

SqueeOnE
07-27-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting.

I've been following this thread with interest and believed the whole incident to be due to an unfortunate misunderstanding and poor communication amongst TP staffers.

This was prior to reading the thread in the MTT forum.

You (Banned) acknowledge that you and your wife shared hole cards while seated at the same table. This is cheating and provides you and your spouse a significant advantage.

I'd be curious to know if TruePokerCEO has had a chance to look at the MTT thread and how it may change his view of the incident.

Your account should be frozen.

Case closed.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL....First, Since the beginning we have admitted to the following,

We have the same IP address, we live together(i thought this was obvious since I call her my wife), we can see each others monitors on rare occasions that we get moved to the same table in MTT tourneys...

Say what you will it is in the Rules at True Poker that we are allowed to play the same MTT tourney and if it were to happen that we ended up on the same table of a MTT, the play would have to be reviewed after tourneys and actions taken to make things right.....

That said, we were doing nothing wrong according to the rules, If I had told you that my wifes computer was in the west wing of the house and we had no way to communicate, would that change the way you feel....Im not stupid, I know it wouldnt...

As for our accounts...pffft...Freeze them...we have cashed out and moved on...

So finally, we agree 100% that their policy on this matter might need to be reviewed... And if you had read all my posts we admitted that if we ended up on same table that we would be at an advantage...

GrannyMae
07-27-2005, 11:27 PM
did you, or did you not share hole cards during play?

SqueeOnE
07-27-2005, 11:30 PM
Yup!

GrannyMae
07-27-2005, 11:31 PM
And if you had read all my posts we admitted that if we ended up on same table that we would be at an advantage...

people!!

welcome to internet poker. be vigilant and report everything IMO.

banned, you and your wife are fukcing douchebags.

SqueeOnE
07-27-2005, 11:34 PM
As does all other siblings, spouses, friends that play these tourneys....

THEY NEED TO REVIEW THEIR POLICY, JUST NOT ON THE MIDDLE OF A TOURNEY.....

The fact of the matter is that the Host screwed up and TrueCEO admitted this...

Why cant anyone get this??

IggyWH
07-27-2005, 11:42 PM
Mods, please just ban this fool before this turns really ugly. This thread makes me sick...

GrannyMae
07-27-2005, 11:45 PM
Why cant anyone get this??

who says we don't get it??

are you a thief AND stupid?

scumrats like you are why i have to lug my fatass 75 miles from home to feel safe.

and i am one of the lucky ones that have the option. the rest of these people you are just gang raping up the ass

Wyers
07-28-2005, 12:04 AM
If I had told you that my wifes computer was in the west wing of the house and we had no way to communicate, would that change the way you feel....Im not stupid, I know it wouldnt...

Of course it would change the way I feel - I didn't have a problem with the two of you playing from the same residence until you admitted that THE TWO OF YOU WERE CHEATING, ya' fukcwad.

She could be grinding on your lap to Purple Haze while the two of you played... I could care less - JUST DON'T LOOK AT HER CARDS.

From your OP (in this forum):

** retch **

Not just a douche, but a LYING douche.

Friggin' nogoodniks...

Catt
07-28-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yup!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Just wow.

jman220
07-28-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yup!

[/ QUOTE ]

This was like finding out the tooth fairy doesn't really exist.

(I think we all had some suspicion that this guy was indeed cheating) Good job 2+2 giving someone the benefit of the doubt. Good job douchebag on taking advantage of the good will of others.

grinin
07-28-2005, 01:45 AM
The only good thing that might come from this would be if True and other sites stopped allowing players in the same household to play in MTT's together.

I don't forsee this happening though. The sites simply look at this as double the revenue from that household. And while I will defend a player who has abided by the rules, it is pretty clear that the majority of players in this situation have no intention of doing such. Worse still, there are likely many players actively taking advantage of this policy, especially in the smaller MTT's.

rusty JEDI
07-28-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yup!

[/ QUOTE ]

Scum

rJ

SoftcoreRevolt
07-28-2005, 03:10 AM
We can't get this until you agree to eat a dick for collusion.

When you do that we'll "get it."

bigalt
07-28-2005, 03:50 AM
if two people from the same household are at the same table, don't let either of them see their cards until the other one folds!

J_B
07-28-2005, 06:18 AM
Going back to my B&M analogy, if you intentionally show your cards to others in a tourney you could be kicked out of that tourney and possibly banned. Online it's more of an honor system. If you did show at the same table, then you deserve what you get when you brag about it.