PDA

View Full Version : Soh and SuburbanPokerMan

10-30-2001, 11:39 PM
were you both perhaps at the hollywood on sunday (28th?)? i coudl swear i heard rich refer to somebody as 'Suburban' and i thought i saw Soh on the board but when i looked again later it was gone and i didn't know who had answered to it. if you are wondering who i am (not that im all that interesting to meet) i am the big guy with the scraggly gotee who was wearing a black hodded sweatshirt and camouflage pants on sunday. i waited from about 3:00 until almost 6:00 to get a seat and i sat for about a round in a pretty aggressive 5-10 game without winning or seeing the turn even when i moved to the 2.50 game where i was much more comfortable with the limits, but the game was just too passive and no action. i played until about 1:30 am and left. if you care to say 'hi' next time you recognize me, that would be cool.

10-31-2001, 04:36 AM

10-31-2001, 07:50 AM
baggins,

Will you wear the same outfit? Will you be the tallest one in the room? Master Soh and his Mighty Sword Edge and I would love to say hi. Just ask the floor to point us out. Come over shake hands. Master Soh can even get you a free feed at the Epic Buffet, where food is served the institutionalized way.

SPM,...play long and prosper...

10-31-2001, 06:57 PM
actually, im more or less from chicago. my permanent address has been in chicago for the last 10 years (im 23 so thats a significant portion of my life.) i went to harrah's for the first time friday night and i did like the 4-8 half kill. (i even got a royal flush, walked away a winner, and got the room manager to set me up with the general comp stuff, plus got a decent comp to start.) it seems like the 2.50-5 game at hollywood is only beatable when there is some chance at buying a pot every now and then, and when there is somebody willing to bet their hand. sunday this was not the case. i am not the unibomber. he wears a red sweatshirt. and i wasn't wearing my sunglasses in the cardroom. rounder, id love to meet you as well. when and where do you play usually?

10-31-2001, 07:01 PM
i don't know about the tallest in the room. im pretty tall, but when i say big i refer to pure heft. the high school football coach had a bad day when i said i didn't like football that much. if i remember correctly i think i've played against you before, at least once in my many trips to the hollywood. on sunday i was sitting talking to roger (if you know who roger is) about music for a while when we were both waiting for the ungodly board to die down a bit. i think that i will try to make the saturday afternoon 2.50 games and forego the sunday games (too many rocks and calling stations in that game, no significant action). i will try to make it to harrah's more, since i liked the 4-8 game so much. (and the stud game was pretty cool.)

10-31-2001, 11:00 PM
I am planning on playing at Harrah's this Saturday. But if you frequent Hollywood, our paths will cross again. Please introduce yourself.

11-01-2001, 02:35 AM
what limit do you play there? if you see me, itll be in the afternoon, ill be wearing jeans, a black hooded sweatshirt, and some kind of tshirt. i may even have a shorter little italian/brazilian kid with me with glasses and longer brown hair. we'll meet someday

11-01-2001, 10:10 AM
The SPM plays 10-20 Hold'em any higher stacks and he gets a nose bleed. A man should know his limitations.