PDA

View Full Version : Please Recommend A Movie

Tron
07-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Right now I am very bitter and hate the town I am currently in, so I am looking for a movie that will make me really angry and then provide closure and release at the end. Any recommendations?

-Skeme-
07-16-2005, 11:50 PM
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

IQ89
07-16-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice choice. One of those great movies that's rarely (if ever) shown on cable.

SpicyF
07-16-2005, 11:56 PM
Blood in Blood out: Bound by honor

Most awesome movie about latino gangs in East L.A.

sexdrugsmoney
07-16-2005, 11:58 PM
28 Days later.

Then see if you got problems. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tron
07-16-2005, 11:58 PM
These sound like good recommendations, so I am going to go read Fight Club for a while and then head to Blockbuster to see if they have them and hopefully pick them up. Keep them coming, though, I will check this again before I head out.

Man... Reading on a Saturday night. Living in a mountain town is great. I will just hate to go back to LA in a month.

treeofwisdom7
07-17-2005, 12:08 AM
clockwork orange... thats just good @hit. Just as good at one flew over ... both those movies togheter will do you over well.

Dubhawk
07-17-2005, 12:19 AM
"Theodore Rex"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114658/

Maulik
07-17-2005, 12:21 AM
Seven Samurai.

Dubhawk
07-17-2005, 12:25 AM
If you watch "Theodore Rex" anything will seem fun!
Really,
It's the worst movie ever.

wacki
07-17-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Right now I am very bitter and hate the town I am currently in,

[/ QUOTE ]

Dawn of the dead remake. That way you can imagine yourself killing the entire town and still remain the good guy.

whiskeytown
07-17-2005, 12:30 AM
I'm gonna go with Office Space -

um...yah.

RB

-Skeme-
07-17-2005, 12:35 AM
Office Space makes you angry?

PokerBob
07-17-2005, 12:38 AM
falling down

gorie
07-17-2005, 12:38 AM
i can't think of any movie that actually makes me angry.. hmm

Vote4Pedro
07-17-2005, 12:52 AM
Point Break...Keanu Reeves at his best....WHOA

Tron
07-17-2005, 01:21 AM
As I pulled into the strip mall parking lot, I noticed that there were two other cars parked in front of Blockbuster and though, "Hey, maybe I will see someone I know while I am here." Those thoughts were quickly disspelled when I realized that those cars must belong to the two employees, because the place was deserted otherwise.

So I cut through the comedy section and over to drama where I unfortunately discovered that A Clockwork Orange had already been rented. And with this ridiculous new late fee policy, I figure it could be up to a month before it is in stock again.

Moving down the list, I headed to the O's, and found that One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest was in stock, so I proceeded to grab the copy and take it to the front for check-out.

I showed the girl my driver's license because I don't have a Blockbuster card. I lost it or something. The girl tried to get me to sign up for their rewards program, but I resisted by mumbling, "No, not tonight."

That about sums it up. Also, the drive was really nice because it is perfectly temperate, the air is clean, and the moon looked pretty. Those are some of the upsides of living in the mountains.

SpearsBritney
07-17-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am going to go read Fight Club for a while

[/ QUOTE ]

watch out for that nihilism sh!t. it's a real mind fcuk

Tron
07-17-2005, 01:44 AM
UPDATE

I just went to put the movie in the DVD player and I realized that the vapid whore who checked me out left the security device in. Any advice for taking that out so I can actually open the movie case?

sexdrugsmoney
07-17-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
UPDATE

I just went to put the movie in the DVD player and I realized that the vapid whore who checked me out left the security device in. Any advice for taking that out so I can actually open the movie case?

[/ QUOTE ]

Take it back to the store and get 28 Days Later.

Tron
07-17-2005, 02:03 AM
There are two reasons I am not going to do that: It is too late, and I have already seen 28 Days Later (meh).

benza13
07-17-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Living in a mountain town is great. I will just hate to go back to LA in a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am moving to Steamboat, CO in about 2 months and I don't think I could possibly be looking forward to it more. I may never leave...

Tron
07-17-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Living in a mountain town is great. I will just hate to go back to LA in a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am moving to Steamboat, CO in about 2 months and I don't think I could possibly be looking forward to it more. I may never leave...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong, this is a great place to live, it is mainly the fact that it is summer (no snowboarding) and my friends continulously let me down.

Willluck
07-17-2005, 03:08 AM
Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter is Dead

it makes you extremely angry for the first 90 minutes or so and then it just ends, and you are incredibly happy because the piece of trash is no longer on your television.

zephed
07-18-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UPDATE

[/ QUOTE ]
Knife or box cutters.

TheCroShow
07-18-2005, 07:01 PM
i recommend: equilibrium and the machinist. both christian bale movies. unfortunately neither movie was a box-office smash, i believe equilibrium was straight to dvd

Wintermute
07-18-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i recommend: equilibrium and the machinist. both christian bale movies. unfortunately neither movie was a box-office smash, i believe equilibrium was straight to dvd

[/ QUOTE ]

equilibrium was awesome. I just put the machinist on my netflix, thanks for the rec

and along the lines of christian bale movies that might work for the OP, American Psycho is pretty "fun"