PDA

View Full Version : What to do? What to do? Check it out

FletchJr.
02-20-2003, 10:08 AM
Trips Aces on the flop, how to play them?
Remember I'm strictly talking about aces, with 2 of one suit on board.
You got Ax and complete or check or call one bet. The flop comes
AA mid card, lets say a 7. There's 2 of the same suit on board. How do you play it?

Ok here's a situation that rarely comes up but i think is worth a discussion anyways.

You're in one of the blinds and there's been no raiser preflop.

With a small amount of players, do you check it to induce bets from aggresive players? 3-4
I'm talking about a small amount of players with a non-preflop raise situation so the pot amount
is small at this moment.
Do you bet out to stop a "mathematical catostrophe" of a free card coming?
Do you check with an intension of raising a late aggresive player?
Do you check and call if someone bets, and then try to induce another river bet?

Ok. Now what do you with a family pot? Maybe say 5-10 (still assuming no pre-flop raise)
I'd assume just start betting, or go for a check raise on the turn If' your sure someone
will bet the folp and the turn.

Now, Go back and read the same situations before and tell me what you do, this time there's a preflop raiser.
I'd think you want to induce more bluffs cause if your beat your beat, they're probably not goin to lay it down.
Also check raise if a late guy bets to try to get the flush draws out.

As usual all comments welcome. The more the better.

pudley4
02-20-2003, 11:43 AM
Small number of players, no preflop raise:

Bet the flop. I'll also bet the flop if I have the 4-flush.

Large number of players, no preflop raise:

Depends on how aggressive the players are. If there is an aggressive player early, I'll bet and hope he raises. If there is an aggressive player late, I'll probably go for the check-raise, especially if he's unlikely to raise my flop bet. The other option with this type of player is to bet the flop, then check-raise the turn. It looks like I have a flush draw, so a late position aggressive player might bet and then I can make the rest pay 2 BB cold to get to the river.

Small number of players, preflop raise:

Probably check-call, check-call, bet the river.

Large number of players, preflop raise:

Bet into an EP raiser, check-raise an LP raiser.