PDA

View Full Version : Check or Bet?

Lawrence Ng
07-16-2005, 05:09 PM
Live 30-60 game that is very loose passive for the most part.

I have QT on the button. 3 guys limp, so do I and blinds tag along.

Flop is 6-8-T rainbow. SB checks, BB bets, 2 players call, I call, SB folds.

Turn is a J. SB checks, BB bets again, 1 caller, I raise, both call.

River is a 3. Both check to me. Bet or check?

Thanks.

Lawrence

etizzle
07-16-2005, 05:31 PM
i would bet it, it looks like the BB will call with any T and the other guy is either on a 9 or an 8, and he might overcall with the 8 (maybe 98?).

If the middle guy is loose enough to overcall here with hands we beat than it seems to get a lot better.

would the limper raise the turn with a J?

Net Warrior
07-16-2005, 05:58 PM
The game is passive so you can't put these guy on a hand. A Jack or a better Ten is likely out there. The pot is too big for those hands to fold for one more bet. A weaker Ten might pay off but I don't think there's enough value here for a bet. Take the free showdown vs 2 opponents.

ChewyMint
07-16-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The game is passive so you can't put these guy on a hand. A Jack or a better Ten is likely out there. The pot is too big for those hands to fold for one more bet. A weaker Ten might pay off but I don't think there's enough value here for a bet. Take the free showdown vs 2 opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. There is no reason to bet here, as no better hands are folding for one bet, and you can't call a check-raise.

ChewyMint

CanKid
07-16-2005, 06:28 PM
I'd bet it, but I played 2000 hands of SH LHE on party today.

ChewyMint
07-16-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny how that changes things. I feel the same way when I finish a session on Party.

ChewyMint

Lawrence Ng
07-16-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
would the limper raise the turn with a J?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, the limper was pretty passive and predictable. surprisingly this wasn't one of those games where if someone turned top pair they would show aggression .

Lawrence

Lawrence Ng
07-16-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i'd bet this hand on party any day when checked to me on the river. I just find that live mid limit players do not define their hands as well as online limit players do, thus makes this a bit of tricky spot for me.

Lawrence

The Truth
07-16-2005, 07:36 PM
id go ahead and bet it

oreogod
07-16-2005, 07:37 PM
What do u do if u get re-popped (3bet) on the turn?

Just curious.

Lawrence Ng
07-17-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do u do if u get re-popped (3bet) on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold. I could have easily turned a straight and very likely have 2 pair so if anyone repops me, I'm clearly behind at least 2 pair making this an easy fold. Remember, these are loose passive predictable players - not tricky isolating TAGs-like-me players.

Lawrence

Lawrence Ng
07-17-2005, 03:52 AM
So they both check to me on the river. I still don't know whether a bet or check was correct. Could BB be betting overcards and hit his jack and decide to bet the turn? Could he fear his smaller two pair was no good to perhaps my turned bigger 2 pair and/or straight? I put the limper on a draw so I was not afraid of her hand and the way she played it and kept quickly cold calling was a tell.

The BB called my raise bet pretty quickly and then checked the river pretty quickly. He didn't look like he was on a check and then call type mode as he looked a bit dissapointed in the river.

Because I could not isolate him on the range of hands that he could be on given he was BB, I decided to check it down as I feel now it's perhaps the better of the two options.

BB shows pocket 9's and the limper mucks and my QT wins.

Lawrence