PDA

View Full Version : I'm Done With Pacific Poker!!!

av8or2
07-16-2005, 05:08 PM
I'm so pissed I almost can't compose this post.

Ok here goes.

I have been playing at Pacific Poker off and on for some time.
I have found the SNGs easy up to the $20 level.

However, their server usually stops responding two or three times per tourney. They do give you 2 all-in disconnect protections. Anyway a few days ago we were down to four when I made an unlikely nut wheel and my opponent probably had Aces up. I would have moved all in on the river but the server stopped responding. My hand was folded. As luck would have it, I wound up busting the guy two hands later, but that is not the point.

Which brings us to today. I'm heads up and short stacked 80%/20% although the blinds are still fairly low when I suddenly lose the connection to the server. The all in protection kicks in and I stay in but here's the thing, the software throws up a button called "I'm Back" which I have to click before I can get back in the game. At the same time a message popup comes up covering said button. The popup gives the winning hand info and remains on the screen just long enough that I can't click the "I'm Back" button which is underneath. Consequently, hand after hand gets folded until I am blinded off.

In the past I have had to wait for the message popup to disappear before I could click, fold, check, or bet, but I have never had an outcome determined in this fashion.

I have played at Party, Ultimate Bet, Paradise, & Pokerstars and never encountered this kind of problem or the frequent disconnects.

As I said the games are soft, but these problems combined with the fact that you can only play one SNG at a time have convinced me to go somewhere else.

I have submmitted a cash out and after I receive it I will fire off a nasty gram to Pacific support, for all the good it will do.

Thanks for listening to my rant. I feel better already. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Freudian
07-16-2005, 05:12 PM
The disconnects are extra wig for the pleasure to play with the worst players online.

Newt_Buggs
07-16-2005, 05:43 PM
not having multi tabeling support is so bad that its embarassing. I mean, it caused players like me to leave and keeps them from making more money off of the players that stay.....

IvyGrizzly
07-16-2005, 09:16 PM
How soft are the games at pacific in comparison to the other sites you mentioned, particularly the party network? I'm assuming you've played real money elsewhere, we play at similar limits and I'm preparing to move websites after becoming sick of pacific.

Also, you could have clicked yourself back by pressing the letter "I" on your keyboard to kick in the I'm back button, just like with fold/check/raise.

av8or2
07-19-2005, 09:09 PM
At Pacific I find I almost always know where I stand on any given hand, thanks to the predicatable play of my opponents.

At Party, it seems players are much more aggressive. They often move in after the flop with nothing but a bluff. That makes it harder for me to know whether I should continue with borderline hands. On the other hand when I make a decent hand, I get paid off.

At Party I have no connection problems and I don't have to memorize different ways to call, check, fold, etc,. Clicking the mouse works every time.

Also I have found cashouts to be faster at most every site compared to Pacific.

sahala
07-19-2005, 09:15 PM
What you said is actually helpful. I heard about Pacific games being a little on the soft side and thought about opening up an account to play one table side by side with Empire. If their performance and availability is this crappy I'm not going to bother.