PDA

View Full Version : Cardplayer.com's Insight to the Final Hand

RLilley
07-16-2005, 03:23 PM
As good as the coverage has been for its first year, there are two quotes that always make me laugh. The first quote involved someone being moved to the final table with about 28 people left to be eliminated. This is the second one:

Steve Dannenmann has the button, he raises to $700,000, and Hachem calls. The flop comes 6h-5d-4d, Hachem checks, Dannenmann bets $700,000, Hachem raises to $1,700,000, and Dannenmann calls. The turn card is the As, Hachem bets $2,000,000, and Dannenmann slowly raises to $5,000,000, Hachem reraises all in, and Dannenmann immediately calls. Hachem shows 7c-3s (seven-high straight), while Dannenman has Ad-3c (top pair). Dannenmann needs to catch a seven on the river to chop the pot with equal straights.

What are your favourite WSOP coverage mistakes?

Beavis68
07-16-2005, 03:26 PM
Rich Belski

fnurt
07-16-2005, 03:27 PM
I'm missing the joke. Does he not have top pair?

KaneKungFu123
07-16-2005, 03:30 PM
what is he retarded or something? how can he get allin here?

[ QUOTE ]
As good as the coverage has been for its first year, there are two quotes that always make me laugh. The first quote involved someone being moved to the final table with about 28 people left to be eliminated. This is the second one:

Steve Dannenmann has the button, he raises to $700,000, and Hachem calls. The flop comes 6h-5d-4d, Hachem checks, Dannenmann bets $700,000, Hachem raises to $1,700,000, and Dannenmann calls. The turn card is the As, Hachem bets $2,000,000, and Dannenmann slowly raises to $5,000,000, Hachem reraises all in, and Dannenmann immediately calls. Hachem shows 7c-3s (seven-high straight), while Dannenman has Ad-3c (top pair). Dannenmann needs to catch a seven on the river to chop the pot with equal straights.

What are your favourite WSOP coverage mistakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

gp?
07-16-2005, 03:39 PM
whats so funny? he does have top pair, right? ace on the turn.

durron597
07-16-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are joking right? He has a pair of aces and an OESD... AND it's heads up.

Moonsugar
07-16-2005, 03:44 PM
HAR HAR

RLilley
07-16-2005, 04:44 PM
LOL!

I was exhausted this morning, and went to sleep after making that post. I went back and started reading the CP.com and noticed the part about the ace. I thought "Hah! Idiots fixed their error!"

Then I came here and realized it was there all along. I don't know what to say, peoples.

ononimo
07-16-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL!

I was exhausted this morning, and went to sleep after making that post. I went back and started reading the CP.com and noticed the part about the ace. I thought "Hah! Idiots fixed their error!"

Then I came here and realized it was there all along. I don't know what to say, peoples.

[/ QUOTE ]

hilarious

dirty moose
07-16-2005, 06:01 PM
my fav was phil calling the final table "amature hour"

einbert
07-16-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Beavis68
07-17-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my fav was phil calling the final table "amature hour"

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that would be a case of "takes one to know one"

ismisus
07-17-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't get from 10,000 to 30 million in 5 days by cautious play.

GimmeDaWatch
07-17-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are joking right? He has a pair of aces and an OESD... AND it's heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obvs he's not joking and I shared his sentiments exactly when I listened to the play of this hand in the wee hours of this morning. This is the 2nd year in a row that Ive been grossly disappointed with the abrupt and unnecessary ending to HU play at the WSOP. I was also shocked last year to see alot of people defending what I thought were heinously bad calls by David Williams in the final hand. As for this year, Hachem was for the most part one of the more solid non-maniacal players at the table. Steve calling the flop raise is fairly bad, but it was a small raise and he does have a retardo str8 draw/BD nut flush draw/overcard so alright. His raise on the turn should let him know if hitting his key card did him any good or if he was donkifyingly drawing thin/dead the whole time. When Hachem re-reaises allin Dannenmann was in no way, shape, or form committed to this pot, and I believe the final raise was somewhere in the neighborhood of $10 million+. There are a TON of hands that have Dannenmann drawing very thin to dead with one to come here, and precisely 0 worse hands hands Hachem could have that arent a bluff. Even in best case scenario where Hachem has small 2 pair here Dannenmann has 13 outs and would be over a 2:1 dog. Obviously there were several worse scenarios, including the real one. Given some of the plays (and worse, calls) Dannenmann and Kanter made at the final table, as well as Lazar's bizarre implosion, I imagine these players must have dodged innumerable bullets in order to make it as far as they did. Still, as bad as that final hand was, Kanter's all-in w/K5 from the BB against Tex dwarfs this hand by about 10 million light years.

GimmeDaWatch
07-17-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't get from 10,000 to 30 million in 5 days by cautious play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to accumulate chips by calling all-in when Im drawing dead.

benneh
07-17-2005, 01:24 PM
how is he drawing dead?

are my eyes broken? it looks like he had a 4 flush to the nuts on the flop and hten top pair on the turn.

valenzuela
07-17-2005, 02:54 PM
yet another horrible post, how didnt the guy put hachem on 73?? how..omg hes an horrible poker player.

GimmeDaWatch
07-18-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yet another horrible post, how didnt the guy put hachem on 73?? how..omg hes an horrible poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, your post is horrible. The question is more like "How didnt he put Hachem on a hand that beat A3?" Alternatively, name a feasible hand that A3 beats that Hachem would move in with? He was raised on the flop, and Hachem was so scared of the ace on the turn that he moved all-in.

GimmeDaWatch
07-18-2005, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how is he drawing dead?

are my eyes broken? it looks like he had a 4 flush to the nuts on the flop and hten top pair on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

they's broke. 3 flush on flop. He's drawing dead on the turn except a 7 for a split.

07-19-2005, 08:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

I experienced exactly the same thing as you. I could have sworn that in the original CP hand play they missed that turn ace. I spent hours trying to figure out this hand so I could understand why Dannerman called the all in with just an ace high and then when I went back and reread it I saw that ace. I guess I was as tired as you.

:-)