PDA

View Full Version : How would you deal with this ?

Morpheus
07-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Ok, I'm prone to tilt. I admit that. I'm running on about 18 hours without sleep or so. I'm a little tired.

Anyway, here's the story.

I like Mcdonald's. I know most of you don't but I'm slightly overweight and I don't really care. I go through the drive-thru and order a double quarter pounder with no onions combo meal with a coke and a double cheeseburger. I pull up and give them the money. I go to the 2nd window and get my order. No problems. I check my food before leaving and realize that I got a Quarter Pounder no onions. I'm pissed. Sick of this crap happening to me. I go around through the drive thru and explain my problem and I'm still calm at this point. Get to the 2nd window and the woman starts to hand me a bag. I'm like, "I'm the guy with the problem with his sandwich. " She closes the window and looks confused. She comes back 1 min. later and says , "now what is the problem ?" . I say, "I'm the GUY.....I GOT ORDERED A DOUBLE QUARTER NO ONIONS AND GOT A QUARTER POUNDER NO ONIONS " . She closes window again and I shake my head. She opens window again and says that she needs the sandwich back. Oh great I just spent 8 more mins in this freaking drive thru and now they want the sandwich back. Then she tells me to pull up and they will bring it out to me. I freaking nearly lose it at this point but I do what they say. They bring out like 3 min. later and I look at the sandwich and the joke is on me because it is the same [censored] sandwich I just gave them but with an extra piece of meat thrown on. I know because there is pickle/ketchup/mustard in between the patties and the same damn thing on the other piece. God damn, this is the epitomy of being S H I T on by a fast food restaurant . Right ? I drive home and try to forget but I'm just too pissed. What should I do ? Right now I figure in a few hours I'm gonna call them up and annoy the [censored] out of them with a real long drawn out story about what happened. I feel like they F'd me over.

Comments/suggestions ? Am I going overboard on this ? You gotta understand that this happens quite often.

Morpheus
07-16-2005, 02:52 PM
Question #2 :

Is it safe to eat the sandwich or did someone spit on it ?

Freakin
07-16-2005, 02:52 PM
18 hours without sleep. Isn't that a regular day?

Freakin

Morpheus
07-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Yeah but I should be sleeping rather than driving.

JaBlue
07-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Eat the original sandwhich and drive away. Next time check your order before you leave.

Tron
07-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Epitome

Brainwalter
Go inside lardass. (when you have the initial problem with the sandwich)

IggyWH
[ QUOTE ]
I go around through the drive thru and explain my problem

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad play... got to raise in this situation by walking your ass into the store, not going back through the drive-thru.

Brainwalter
07-16-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Eat the original sandwhich and drive away. Next time check your order before you leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or that.

Overdrive
07-16-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Question #2 :

Is it safe to eat the sandwich or did someone spit on it ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh you can bet your sweet ass they spat on it, or threw it on the floor or worse. And you can also bet your ass that every single time they see you coming at that Mickedees they are going to spit on whatever you order. Time to go to Wendys..

Tron
07-16-2005, 03:01 PM
I think you know the answer. Stop eating at horribly shitty restaurants like McDonald's. At least step it up to Wendy's.

Morpheus
07-16-2005, 03:07 PM
I think McD's sandwiches taste better than Wendy's. BTW, I didn't eat the sandwich. I can't. I don't think I can go to that restaurant now. Actually, I seem to be running out of restaurants that are safe to go to. Taco Bell F'd me over last week. They gave me hard tacos instead of soft tacos and forgot my nacho cheese for my tortilla chips.

DemonDeac
07-16-2005, 03:13 PM
eat the smaller sandwich and go for a run

DemonDeac
07-16-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think McD's sandwiches taste better than Wendy's. BTW, I didn't eat the sandwich. I can't. I don't think I can go to that restaurant now. Actually, I seem to be running out of restaurants that are safe to go to. Taco Bell F'd me over last week. They gave me hard tacos instead of soft tacos and forgot my nacho cheese for my tortilla chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like u live a tough life

Morpheus
07-16-2005, 03:33 PM
It seriously did piss me off. I ended up eating cold fries because I was so pissed. I don't think I will call them. I've calmed down now.

You see, a few months ago I went through the drive-thru of a different McD's and got an orange juice and sausage mcmuffin combo meal. They completely forgot my orange juice and for some reason, so did I and didn't realize it until I got home. I called them and they said to just give their name whenever I go back and they will give me a free one. So I go back at dinner time about a week later and they tell me that I can't just get a free drink with my combo but I have to buy a combo and buy a drink and then get a free orange juice. So I have to get two drinks now but I'm only one man so it seems pointless. After 5 minutes of arguing, I surrender and buy the drink. I didn't feel like they handled that problem appropriately either. Why do I now have to buy an extra drink that I don't need ?

tdarko
07-16-2005, 03:36 PM
i would get pissed off and rant about it on an internet forum...oh wait...

BottlesOf
07-16-2005, 03:42 PM
You sound like an [censored].

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
07-16-2005, 03:47 PM
i recomend calling 911

AlienCorpse
07-16-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i recomend calling 911

[/ QUOTE ]
yes works splendid

taco (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/audio/taco911.html)
and
bk (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/bk.html)

Morpheus
07-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Where are all these moderators coming from ? Another green guy ? How many green people do we have now ?

I don't know what [Censored] means. I could be a [Censored] or a [Censored] or .......

Because I like getting the right order or because of how I dealt with it ? When they asked for the sandwich back, should I have faked like I was giving it back and then fling it across the parking lot ? When they asked me to pull up and bring my order out, should I have stood my ground and not moved ?

Morpheus
07-16-2005, 03:53 PM
What would Greg Raymer do ?

shant
07-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Next time choke on the burger.

Morpheus
07-16-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got 67 posts and people already hate me or what ? Is this joking or serious ?

AlienCorpse
07-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Will how many [censored] start with a vowel. I bet you can figure it out.

spamuell
07-16-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, but does it really matter anyway?

"Ohhh, he called me a shithead, I thought he was calling me a fucker. Well, this changes everything."

tbach24
07-16-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, but does it really matter anyway?

"Ohhh, he called me a shithead, I thought he was calling me a fucker. Well, this changes everything."

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, it only matters if you call someone a n00b. That's degrading. Or a KWAZAR. That's a great insult.

shant
07-16-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got 67 posts and people already hate me or what ? Is this joking or serious ?

[/ QUOTE ]
I hate people that complain. OK, so they messed up your order. There are humans working inside, sometimes they make a mistake. You pointed out their mistake, and they fixed the burger. They're just microwave [censored] burgers anyway, so who cares if a few minutes later you got the same burger, they probably re-heated it for you. If you don't want the same burger again, politely go inside and tell the manager the situation nicely and get a new burger.

Going home and crying about it on the internet just makes you look like a fat douche.

PhatTBoll
You need to understand that messed-up orders are part of the food service industry and plan accordingly. Even the best restaurants in the world mess up orders on a regular basis.

pearljam
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct responce.

Tron
07-16-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In light of this new information, I think you should probably buy one of these:

http://newswire.indymedia.org/newswire/images/2004/07/805201.png

That will keep those fast-food sons-of-bitches from messing with you anymore.

Morpheus
07-16-2005, 04:14 PM
I expected to get flamed for this thread anyway. So I'm just faking being upset.

McD's is right adjacent to a Kmart so the parking lots are connected. I pull out of the parking lot to go to the Kmart parking lot since it has a light that I can stop at to make getting back on the main road easier since there is a lot of traffic. I stop at the stop sign in the Kmart parking lot and this guy out of nowhere drives really fast and acts like he's going to hit me in the side of my car. He's basically stop 1 ft away from my car while I'm stopped at the stop sign and he's now perpendicular to my car. (trying to describe it best I can)

I'm still pretty tired and almost feel like I'm sleep walking or in a dream state anyway so all of my reactions are a bit slow today. So I look over and remember I'm still pissed from McD's and see that he's motioning about with his arms that I'm too slow or something. I don't know. All I did was stop at the stop sign . I then roll down my tinted windows and look at him and slowly flop the middle finger out at him. Then slowly roll the window back up and drive away. Keep in mind this definitely took more time than if I had just looked to see what he was doing and drove away. I'm certain he's definitely more pissed now. Guess what, though ? We have to stop at the light that I refered to earlier so now I have like 5 minutes of awkwardness and hope he doesn't go for his gun. Light turns green and goes around me and all is fine but when I get home all I can think about his how completely dumb that was.

Brainwalter
07-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Oh I get it, you're a troll.

Morpheus
07-16-2005, 04:35 PM
this actually happened, retard

Ulysses
07-16-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm slightly overweight and I don't really care.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
double quarter pounder with no onions combo meal with a coke and a double cheeseburger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good times.

James Boston
07-16-2005, 06:09 PM
Stop eating there. I know you like it, but that really is the only solution. The people working there don't care if they get it right, most of them won't be working there in 6 months, and they will be replaced with another crew equally as worthless. If you can't handle their incompetence, you should just take your business elsewhere.

anatta
07-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Learn to mindfully observe your sensations without attachment. Anger, for example, will increase your respiration and cause a flow of unpleasent feelings somewhere, usually in the chest or head. Observe that for what it is, impermanent and not worth clinging to.

Now you can act, forcefully if you want, from a detached frame of mind. Or you might view the workers at McD's with compassion, perhaps let it all go, and go home and get some sleep.

I like that you have let go of your weight situation. I suspect you are attached to the pleasent feelings of eating or that overeating masks painful sensations within you. We all have similar problems, but it is a good step to be unattached to the attachment, to not compound any reoccuring difficulty by clinging to your failings. So nice job, but continue to work with strong determination on all your problems.