PDA

View Full Version : A strange HU hand 15/30 stars

etizzle
07-16-2005, 12:38 PM
I have been playing this guy HU for a bit, and have been catching some cards as well as running over him.

He is a bad player with a couple bad tendencies. He always raises the flop with a draw and never takes a free card, always slowplays flopped trips and sets, and his turn raises are always a monster or a bluff, never raising for a freeshowdown or anything like that.

Anyways, I figured from a math standpoint its much more likely he simply has a hand he can't show down when he raises the turn here.

PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Button posts a blind of $15.
Hero calls, Button (poster) checks.

Flop: (2 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (2 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

am I nuts here?

GetThere1Time
07-16-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, I figured from a math standpoint its much more likely he simply has a hand he can't show down when he raises the turn here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but I think after putting that many bets in he's calling the river with the instruction card and the cut card.

wonkadaddy
07-16-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but I think after putting that many bets in he's calling the river with the instruction card and the cut card.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO and prob right too!!

etizzle
07-16-2005, 01:40 PM
if hes calling with say J high then theres no need for him to cap the turn

at least thats what i was thinking.

etizzle
07-16-2005, 08:33 PM
he folded.