PDA

View Full Version : One of those hands where I am confused and call a lot

MaxPower
07-16-2005, 11:00 AM
This was on Pokerstars 15/30. The BB was IndieMatty from 2+2. I didn't have much of a read on anyone else at this point.

This can't be right. What should I be thinking about here?

PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (18 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

River: (21 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

I did't think I can protect my hand on the flop, so I was going to cold-call and then pop the turn.

Once the flop was capped, I wasn't sure that my hand was best. Matt was the one I was most concerned about. If I don't raise Matt is getting about the right price if he has an underpair, but I doubted that he had that. I really can't see what Matt had here given his flop three bet. If he had an underpair he should probably call the turn. There really aren't any hands I could think of that are worth folding the turn getting 21:1. Mabye an ace with a lower kicker if he is convinced I have AK.

La Brujita
07-16-2005, 11:24 AM
I cap it preflop. Poster rates to have a weak hand and wants to put less bets in rather than more. Same probably true for Sb. Any specific reads on bb?

I raise the flop because you can price out two players. BB's three bet on the flop does scream big hand though after your call.

After that given the way the flop played I get passive as well.

goofball
07-16-2005, 05:26 PM
I just can't imagine why you didn't 3bet the flop. Am I reading the action right? It went bet, raise, you coldcalled?

sfer
07-16-2005, 06:10 PM
I think you should cap preflop. Once you play the flop that way I still raise the turn. I think the board is too dangerous and the pot too big to go passive. Further, I don't think there's a reason to be concerned with Matt--he's only checkraising the turn with KK.

stoxtrader
07-16-2005, 06:39 PM
pre-flop is an easy cap. equity alone.

flop is an easy 3 bet.

oreogod
07-16-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pre-flop is an easy cap. equity alone.

flop is an easy 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Say he three bets, it gets capped, If UTG+1 still bets out on the turn are u still raising it though?

The Truth
07-16-2005, 07:38 PM
I agree you really need to 3 bet flop. It makes the rest of the hand easier.