PDA

View Full Version : Who is Judith Miller protecting?

SheetWise
07-16-2005, 10:40 AM

elwoodblues
07-16-2005, 10:42 AM
So the only possible Republican she could be protecting is Karl Rove (despite the fact that the "leak" likely came from a Republican White House), but she could be protecting virtually any Democrat? Asinine.

SheetWise
07-16-2005, 11:56 AM
And you believe she is protecting a Republican source?

mmbt0ne
07-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Where is the journalistic trust and integrity option?

slamdunkpro
07-16-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So the only possible Republican she could be protecting is Karl Rove (despite the fact that the "leak" likely came from a Republican White House), but she could be protecting virtually any Democrat?

[/ QUOTE ]

If her source was a Republican She'd be out front with a torch in her hand leading the chanting - "Burn 'em!".

Seriously - I don't think she would have gone to jail for an Eeevill Republican.

It's (Pick one) either Wilson, Cooper, Corn, or some other reporter, or, she dosn't want to admit that she "Just made it up".

ACPlayer
07-16-2005, 01:47 PM
You drew the wrong conclusion from Elwood's post.

Perhaps it is the conclusion you wanted to draw but it does not stand up to logical scrutiny of the post.

ptmusic
07-16-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So the only possible Republican she could be protecting is Karl Rove (despite the fact that the "leak" likely came from a Republican White House), but she could be protecting virtually any Democrat?

[/ QUOTE ]

If her source was a Republican She'd be out front with a torch in her hand leading the chanting - "Burn 'em!".

Seriously - I don't think she would have gone to jail for an Eeevill Republican.

[/ QUOTE ]

She may be protecting a Democrat, but you underestimate the value all reporters put on keeping their sources confidential. She knows she would never get any juicy exclusives if she were known as someone who didn't respect her sources' confidentiality.

Also, she's probably thinking about the enormous book deals and speaking engagements she'll get when this is all done.

Hell yeah, she could be protecting a Republican, for a variety of reasons.

-ptmusic

p.s. as for the poll, I didn't vote because I think all the choices are wrong.

Matty
07-16-2005, 03:16 PM
Rove's lawyer.

Matty
07-16-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]What the [censored]?

You clearly have no idea of who Judith Miller is. She was a leading proponent of the Iraq War.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Miller_%28journalist%29

Where the hell are you people coming up with these unbelievable assumptions? Are you listening to talk radio or something?

slamdunkpro
07-16-2005, 08:12 PM
I know exactly who Judith Miller is.

Broken Glass Can
07-16-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You clearly have no idea of who Judith Miller is. She was a leading proponent of the Iraq War.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about the same Judith Miller who tipped off funders of terrorists, allowing them to destroy evidence?

To answer the poll question, Miller is protecting herself (she don't want us little people to know what a shill she is).

Matty
07-16-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know exactly who Judith Miller is.

[/ QUOTE ]No, I think all you knew was that she worked for the NYT. Evidence of this is that you have still provided zero evidence of any sort to back up your claim that she wants to torch Republicans.

SheetWise
07-16-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She may be protecting a Democrat, but you underestimate the value all reporters put on keeping their sources confidential.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking of the contrast between the media patriots Deep Throat and Daniel Ellsberg vs. the media enemy Karl Rove. It's stark.

slamdunkpro
07-16-2005, 11:42 PM
It's was an in jest opinion you dolt. Why do you think it was followed with "Seriously...."

Lighten up

Matty
07-17-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's was an in jest opinion you dolt. Why do you think it was followed with "Seriously...."

Lighten up

[/ QUOTE ]And you followed that "seriously" up with "she wouldn't have gone to jail for a Republican".

You can't be this stupid.

slamdunkpro
07-17-2005, 02:39 PM
Again - it was an opinion - you can't be that self serving and condecending; can you?

Matty
07-17-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Again - it was an opinion

[/ QUOTE ]No [censored]. A stupid opinion.[ QUOTE ]
you can't be that self serving and condecending; can you?

[/ QUOTE ]Absolutely.