PDA

View Full Version : ***OFFICIAL***Spoilers of Half-Blood Prince Thread

Talk2BigSteve
07-16-2005, 06:29 AM
I just finished the book!! I have done nothing but read for the past 5 hours. If you want to spoil it, post in this thread. I started this after I saw that Eihli had posted a MAJOR Spoiler link in the "I got Harry Potter Book 6 Thread".

PLEASE Post all your spoilers here, and HERE ONLY!!!

Thanks,
Steve

AEKDBet
07-17-2005, 06:52 AM
Book 7 is gonna be really [censored] long

spamuell
07-17-2005, 07:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Book 7 is gonna be really [censored] long

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know this or are you just speculating?

Who the [censored] is RAB? A friend of mine suggests Amelia Bones, where Amelia is her middle name.

Dynasty
07-17-2005, 08:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Who the [censored] is RAB? A friend of mine suggests Amelia Bones, where Amelia is her middle name.

[/ QUOTE ]

The most likely candidate is Sirius' brother- Regulus Black (a former Death Eater). I don't believe we have ever been given a middle name or initial.

spamuell
07-17-2005, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The most likely candidate is Sirius' brother- Regulus Black (a former Death Eater). I don't believe we have ever been given a middle name or initial.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've discussed that with a few people and we pretty much rejected it because of lack of evidence that he would ever do this. He was meant to be weak and he came from a long line of Dark wizards and didn't show any signs of rejecting them (he was in Slytherin). He did leave the Death Eaters (ostensibly due to being scared) but Sirius said that he wasn't important and there's no reason he would have known about horcruxes, given how difficult it was for Dumbledore to find out about them. Also, he was killed only days after leaving the Death Eaters so it would have been very difficult for him to have time to do this unless he was doing it while being a Death Eater, but Voldemort would have found out, given that he is such a skilled Leglimens. Plus, Regulus would have had to get past all of Voldemort's enchantments and there's no sign he had the skill to do so, even Dumbledore could only do it with Harry and even then he was very ill - who was Regulus' accomplice?

I don't think it was Regulus.

spamuell
07-17-2005, 08:40 AM
The only thing is, the message is addressed "Dark Lord", which strongly supports the idea that whoever wrote it was a Death Eater at one point. But does it rule out all the other stuff which suggests it's not Regulus?

Dynasty, someone who is American told me to look at page 108 of Order of Phoenix, about halfway down, but as I have the UK version, I don't know what they're referring to. Any chance you could look?

Dynasty
07-17-2005, 08:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dynasty, someone who is American told me to look at page 108 of Order of Phoenix, about halfway down, but as I have the UK version, I don't know what they're referring to. Any chance you could look?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kreacher is meeting Harry for the fist time. He's mumbling a lot of stuff.

It appears to be completely unrelated to any R.A.B. speculation.

spamuell
07-17-2005, 08:54 AM
OK thanks... weird.

AEKDBet
07-17-2005, 10:36 AM
Yes, finally some sort of discussion. On the length of book 7 I'm just speculating, but Harrry's journy ahead is very lord of the rings / quest-like.

On the R.A.B thing I think the most important things to consider are

1) Is it even a character we have encountered yet? I would think yes.

2 is the dark lord aspect of it which spamuell already mentioned.

edit - and "I know I will be long dead before you read this"

I'm still pissed off and curious as to how Snape had Dumbledore convinced.... thoughts?

spamuell
07-17-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still pissed off and curious as to how Snape had Dumbledore convinced.... thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Snape explained, Dumbledore's biggest weakness was trusting people. Snape said he showed remorse for sending someone to kill James and Dumbledore believed him. He was also very accomplished at Occlumencey.

The long dead thing further suggests it's a death eater who left I think which points more to Regulus... but he seems so unlikely.

AEKDBet
07-17-2005, 11:29 AM
Snape not really a traitor?
Does this seem just as stupid to you as it does to me?

linky (http://www.diagonally.org/Forums/viewtopic/t=6507/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0.html)
Some of these people are idiots, but others make a few decent points.

Dynasty
07-17-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't read that thread.

I think there's an excellent chance Snape is still working to defeat Voldemort.

Dumbledore and Snape were overheard arguing earlier in the story but the details (as is often the case) are unknown. I think it's fair to speculate that Dumbledore insisted that Snape remain true to his vow to Narcissa Malfoy in order to assure his place close to Voldemort. If that meant that even Dumbledore himself had to be sacrificed, then it was worth the cost.

Dumbledore pleading just before death was completly out of his nature. He would never plead for his life (showing cowardice and weakness). He had to be pleading for something else. I would guess that he was pleading with Snape to do something Snape didn't want to do- kill Dumbledore in order to save and eleveate his position with Voldemort (and also save the lives of the Malfoys).

Dynasty
07-17-2005, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

On the R.A.B thing I think the most important things to consider are

1) Is it even a character we have encountered yet? I would think yes.

2 is the dark lord aspect of it which spamuell already mentioned.

edit - and "I know I will be long dead before you read this"

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to Regulus Black, we shold also consider Borgin and/or Burke (neither of which have first names yet). They knew Riddle just after he left Hogwarts and had actually purchased the locket from Merope.

spamuell
07-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the link, I glanced at it but I hate coming to these things halfway through.

I was thinking about the "Dark Lord" thing, it's not only Death Eaters who use that term, unless there's something about Trelawney that we don't know (and I'm pretty sure there isn't).

jgorham
07-17-2005, 02:33 PM
Besides those points, Dumbledore knew that Draco was trying to kill him the whole book, and knew that Snape promised to help him. Harry told Dumbledore about how he heard Snape mention the unbreakable vow as well, yet none of this seemed to phase him in the least.

Also, at the point he died, Dumbledore really had no chance of escape - if Snape didn't kill him one of the other death eaters would have. Seems to me like Snape (and Dumbledore) knew it was inevitable and wanted more influence with Voldemort.

pokertonbear1
07-17-2005, 02:53 PM
I think there's a good chance that Snape is not a Voldemort supporter. Rowling is not that simple. She would never make Snape the villain because we have spent too much time suspecting him. It's likely that a bigger twist awaits. Similarly, I wouldn't count Malfoy as a true supporter either. The way the scene is set up, it looks like Malfoy is more afraid than supportive of Voldemort. Lastly, there is more to Dumbledore than what meets the eye. We know that he is the only wizard that Voldemort fears and we also know that he has said that his presence will always remain at Hogwarts to those who support him, so I woudn't be surprised if we haven't heard the last of him.

Does anyone suspect that Dumbledore might be in league with Voldemort?

Did anyone think that it was strange that Harry, Ron, Hermione didn't suspect that Voldemort was the half-blood prince? Am I missing something or was that a plot hole?

spamuell
07-17-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone suspect that Dumbledore might be in league with Voldemort?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he be? If he was, he has had loads of opportunities to help Voldemort or kill Harry. It seems unlikely.

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone think that it was strange that Harry, Ron, Hermione didn't suspect that Voldemort was the half-blood prince? Am I missing something or was that a plot hole?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought that was weird too.

I agree with you and Dynasty that there is a good chance Snape is not a Voldemort supporter.

Talk2BigSteve
07-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Has everyone forgot when Dumbledore was in his office in OotP that he was talking with the pictures of the Past Headmasters?

I feel that Dumbledore dying was part of something bigger, and I feel that it will be explained to Harry either by a portrait of Dumbledore, or a bigger stretch would be in the Mirror of Erised.

Steve

spamuell
07-17-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has everyone forgot when Dumbledore was in his office in OotP that he was talking with the pictures of the Past Headmasters?

[/ QUOTE ]

But we can assume that these portraits were made at the end of their headship, we don't know whether a portrait of Dumbledore exists.

pokertonbear1
07-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Just speculation on my part...it would clearly be a twist no one would expect if Dumbledore was in league with Voldemort. Dumbledore knows the prophecy and is always the one who illuminates the tremendous similarities between Harry and Voldemort (especially in Half-Blood prince). He tells Harry that the difference between them is Harry's ability to love, which can prove to be a weakness or a strength in his battle against Voldemort. Now that Harry knows that he needs to eliminate the horcruxes to kill Voldemort maybe Voldemort knows that he must prey on Harry's love to kill him. Harry realizes that this is his potential weakness which is why he breaks it off with Ginny, but we can be assured that if Harry knows it than Voldemort knows it too and maybe Dumbledore is the link.

stabn
07-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Two pages after that is the family painting.

pokertonbear1
07-17-2005, 03:44 PM
when Harry goes back to Dumbledore's office with McGonagall after he dies a portrait of Dumbledore is hanging over the desk (626)

I definitely agree that Dumbledore will remain a big character in book 7 speaking to Harry from a portrait is a good possibility.

MrFeelNothin
07-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Why does Harry not wonder why AD froze him during such a key moment?

MrFeelNothin
07-17-2005, 05:54 PM
Cmon guys, I mean obviously AD did it so that Harry wouldn't interfere with SS killing him and thus cementing his position in Voldemort's inner circle where I am sure he will be able to perform a critical role in helping Harry in the next book.

But why doesn't Harry question this more? He still blindly hates SS. Why doesn't he question why AD froze him?

Also, did anyone notice how Harry had seemingly come of age in this book. He was just so much cooler and in control of every situation. Always ready with a witty remark whereas the last few books he was awkward or flat-out annoying. I thought that was well done.

pokertonbear1
07-17-2005, 07:36 PM
See that's what I think is tricky about this whole Dumbledore/Snape relationship...it's such a gray area. I agree that Dumbledore didn't want Harry to interfere, but I wonder why DD believed Snape would be more helpful to Harry in the future than himself. Also, DD represents so much to the community and to the school and I can't understand why he would sacrifice himself.

I'm kind of embarrased to be so naive, but I kept expecting DD to have faked his death with Snape. I was really surprised when he proved to be dead...

Bill Murphy
07-17-2005, 07:39 PM
When Fawkes was cryin' & commotin' after DD's death, how come HP didn't think about his tears maybe being able to heal Bill's WW scars? Prolly couldn't've called him down to the infirmary anyway, but still.

BTW I think HBP is clearly the best technically written of the series so far, even tho I still prefer the plots of 4, then 3. But JKR obvo focused on tightening up things.

Random thoughts: I agree that Reg Black is the number one seed for RAB, and its silly that Hermy wouldn't think of this. Note how there's still a sliver of a chance that Snape is still following DD's orders(DD trying to save Draco's soul, machine demands a sacrifice, etc, etc) but its in the .00001 range, and JKR has always said not to like Snape just cuz of Alan Rickman being all goth.

Again, very good book. Some of the best if not the best "origin of super villain" scenes of any genre. Hopefully, Neville & Luna play sig roles in 7.

And, hey! At least Sirius came back and HP & HG finally hooked up! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif (Inside joke for Katie Couric & alt.hp fans /images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

Bill Murphy
07-17-2005, 07:47 PM
I think ya'll been into the butterbeer & hobbit weed if ya'll're seriously thinking DD has anything to do w/Voldy... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bill Murphy
07-17-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm kind of embarrased to be so naive, but I kept expecting DD to have faked his death with Snape. I was really surprised when he proved to be dead...

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel for that, too. Thought DD mighta cast a dummy of hisself.

Bill Murphy
07-17-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, did anyone notice how Harry had seemingly come of age in this book. He was just so much cooler and in control of every situation. Always ready with a witty remark whereas the last few books he was awkward or flat-out annoying. I thought that was well done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree completely.

Also, HP has always blindly hated Snape, even though he's been told repeatedly by DD, Lupin, etc not to. I imagine it will cost him dearly in 7; actually already did in 3, in a way(Worm's escape).

BTW, Tonks & Lupin kinda came out of left field, didn't it. Don't buy it. Why wasn't she all mopey-merope in 5? I was always hoping for a Mrs. Robinson scene w/her & HP.... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

coffeecrazy1
07-17-2005, 08:15 PM
Since we are coming to Book 7, what is to be the last of them...any thoughts on who will survive and who will not? I think the ceiling is pretty much off on this one, though I don't think JKR is going to kill everyone off...that wouldn't make much sense for the mood of the way things are going(as dark as they are...she's no Poe or Kubrick).

I think the 7th has potential to shake everything and everyone up. Harry dying is certainly out there, but Hermione and Ron, too. I don't think Ginny will be out of the question, either...and certainly Snape and the other professors, Aurors, and other adults are at risk. It's hard to say, but hey...that's why we can debate it here.

Personally...I think Harry's going to have to die. It seems the most logical place to go. I think Hermione and Ron will live, as will Ginny. I don't think Snape will live, and certainly not Voldemort. I think Hagrid might be on the list to die, as well...but I'm not sure. And, I think Tonks and Lupin survive.

I make no claim for accuracy, or anything other than gut feelings. Who else has ideas?

Bill Murphy
07-17-2005, 08:42 PM
100% dead: Voldy, Wormy, Greyback, Bella(by Neville), all Death Eaters save a handful off to Azkabahn, Lupin(I think Wormy gets him w/the silver hand), Dobby(saving Harry at some point).

75% chance dead: Some/all of the Malfoys & Kreacher, Hermy's parents, Dursleys, Mr. Weaseley and/or some of the W-boys other than Ron.

50% chance dead: Neville, Tonks, Shacklebolt, Snape.

25% dead: Harry(although I think a final scene of Ron, Herm, Weaseleys, & Hagrid walking away from HP's grave[next to his parents] is kinda lame]

0% dead: Ron, Herm, Hagrid[just a hunch], Fleur, Mrs W.

I'll guess the final chapter(which JKR said she wrote years ago and is in a safe) is a very old HP, Headmaster of Hogwarts-Minister Of Magic, telling the whole story to someone.

Matt Flynn
07-17-2005, 09:10 PM
What if Dumbledore's death was faked? All that about casting spells without speaking - what if Snape just hit him with a harmless shot of green light mentally while saying "avada kedavra" without putting magic behind it? That would explain Dumbledore's pleading and why Snape shouted "NO, Potter," warning him when he should have killed him. Dumbledore's being sure the Death Eaters would make it to his office and yet not trying to stop them earlier from killing people fits well with Rawlings' typical power relationship and morality plot holes (remember Dumbledore saying the goofball DADA teacher was "impaled on his own sword" after getting obliviated?).

As an aside, power relationships are poorly handled in the books. With a little more bad writing, Snape's curse is real but Fawkes saves Dumbledore as he falls.

Biggest annoyance with the books for me: the good guys don't use killing curses in battle and don't immediately kill the bad guys after battles. The bad guys freeroll.

Biggest failure in character development: Hermione. She is the greatest witch of her age and should kick a significantly greater amount of butt.

If Dumbledore is truly dead, then Rawlings is likely to go darker with the final book. My pick for big surprise deaths are Hermione sacrificing herself to allow Potter to kill Voldemort, or Mrs. Weasley eating it. My pick for surprise survivor is Snape.

Matt

spamuell
07-17-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kreacher is meeting Harry for the fist time. He's mumbling a lot of stuff.

It appears to be completely unrelated to any R.A.B. speculation.

[/ QUOTE ]

It appears that my friend was referring to page 108 of the UK version. She pointed this out:

"They found an unpleasant-looking silver instrument, something like a many-legged pair of tweezers, which scuttled up Harry's arm like a spider when he picked it up, and attempted to puncture his skin; Sirius seized it and smashed it with a heavy book entitled Nature's Nobility: A Wizarding Geneology. There was a musical box that emitted a faintly sinister, tinkling tune when wound, and they all found themselves becoming curiously weak and sleepy until Ginny had the sense to slam the lid shut; also a heavy locket that none of them could open, a number of ancient seals and, in a dusty box, an Order of Merlin, First Class, that had been awarded to Sirius's grandfather for 'Services to the Ministry.'"

It's just like JKR to casually drop things in like this, it looks like more evidence for Regulus.

MrFeelNothin
07-17-2005, 10:01 PM
I'd heard of this but my copy of OOTP is in a different state. Thanks for the quote spamuell.

jgorham
07-17-2005, 10:10 PM
Interesting quote - it wouldn't do a lot of good to take the horcrux and just put it somewhere else though. So if Regalus Black did take the real locket, he must have died before he could find any of the other horcruxes or destroy them. Which certainly doesn't help Harry very much.

pokertonbear1
07-17-2005, 10:30 PM
Harry has to live...we have to remember that this series is primarily for children. Even though the books are progressively darker I think Rowling resides in the good prevails over evil camp.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a major character die to help Harry reach Voldemort, but in the final battle between the two, I'd wager that Harry will be victorious.

Matt Flynn
07-18-2005, 12:31 PM
good point.

Ringo_Mojo
07-18-2005, 01:27 PM
For anyone really speculating on whats going to happen in the future book, I'd suggest reading Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0972393617/ref=pd_sim_b_1/002-0641022-1168005?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance) .

The hardest of hard-core fans contributed to it and its full of some amazing details. They practically analyze each book word for word (word choices often have specific meaning down the road) and point out some rather intersting consistencies in the writing, in every book specific things happen in specific chapters, certain numbers, people and events occur repeatedly throughout the series and such.

They also collect everything JKR has ever said about the future of the series, since she has complete control, she's the only person who can make statements with any athority.

If you really want to be amazed re-read the whole series while following along in the guide.

phlup
07-18-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm coming in too late for anyone to see this and probably respond, but now that I think about it and read what was posted I think there is a good chance Dumbledore knew he would be killed.

On top of the resons posted here, what was the last spell Dumbledore cast? Freezing Harry. Why? If you're going to be in a fight, why not have more people to help you?

At the time of the reading I figured it was just JK trying to impart on the reader some of the hopelessness harry feels, but looking back I'm not so sure.

But death when the war is just starting? It's hard to imagine just what would posess Dumbledore to go to that extreame.

slamdunkpro
07-18-2005, 04:10 PM
Dumbledore is really O-be Wan and Voldemort is Darth Vader /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bill Murphy
07-19-2005, 08:28 PM
link (http://www.livejournal.com/users/garlandgraves/3409.html)

Very interesting stuff, IMO. I imagine ol' Kreacher'll be getting some white strands pulled orta his melon in Book 7... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ChipWrecked
07-26-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I feel that Dumbledore dying was part of something bigger, and I feel that it will be explained to Harry either by a portrait of Dumbledore, or a bigger stretch would be in the Mirror of Erised.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

OK Dynasty, this was gonna be my question: Wouldn't AD be able to function as a consiglieri from his portrait.

So many deep thinkers in here....

Dynasty
07-26-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

OK Dynasty, this was gonna be my question: Wouldn't AD be able to function as a consiglieri from his portrait.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. I think the portraits are just an imprint of a person. They maintain the basic personality of the person. But, they don't have the knowledge or wisdom of the individual.

diebitter
07-26-2005, 04:33 AM
Sorry, haven't got time to read this, I'm still doing my colouring-in books, and the Crayola's are still quite long.

Then I'll be moving onto the big kid's books.

M2d
07-26-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't read that thread.

I think there's an excellent chance Snape is still working to defeat Voldemort.

Dumbledore and Snape were overheard arguing earlier in the story but the details (as is often the case) are unknown. I think it's fair to speculate that Dumbledore insisted that Snape remain true to his vow to Narcissa Malfoy in order to assure his place close to Voldemort. If that meant that even Dumbledore himself had to be sacrificed, then it was worth the cost.

Dumbledore pleading just before death was completly out of his nature. He would never plead for his life (showing cowardice and weakness). He had to be pleading for something else. I would guess that he was pleading with Snape to do something Snape didn't want to do- kill Dumbledore in order to save and eleveate his position with Voldemort (and also save the lives of the Malfoys).

[/ QUOTE ]

I just finished the book, so I'm looking through this thread for the first time. I'm surprised that so few are supporting Snape as a good guy. well, maybe not "good", but on the good side.
in the Dumbledore death scene the first thought that ran through my head was that snape was doing the inevitable (killing AD) at the order or/with the consent of AD. It seemed like he was also protecting Malfoy in a way. Iirc (can't quote chapter and verse) it was at least hinted that something irreversable happens to a person and his soul once he commits murder or uses one of the unforgivable curses. SS, having been a Death Eater has likely already done both of these, so the cosmic penalty for doing so again would be far less in scope than it would be for a thus far untainted DM.

I think that AD's constant harping on Harry's unltimate role in the Voldemort/Potter dance presages the lessened role that the rest of the Order of the Phoenix will play in the final battle and the heightened importance of HP. His death may be a way of underscoring HP's singular role in the takedown of LV.

again, I only just finished the book, and don't have it in front of me, so take this as a SWAG.

Dynasty
07-26-2005, 08:49 PM
In interviews given by JKR to online Harry Potter fan sites, she implied that Snape's murder of Dumbledore was legit. It wasn't part of some plan to ensure Snape's place close to Voldemort in order to betray him.

There's enough room to speculate either way and we won't have an anwer until the final book.

JKR interview, Part I (http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/extras/aa-jointerview1.html)

JKR interview, Part II (http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/extras/aa-jointerview2.html)

JKR interview, Part III (http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/extras/aa-jointerview3.html)

07-26-2005, 11:56 PM
Neville the true "chosen One"

axeshigh
07-27-2005, 04:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Iirc (can't quote chapter and verse) it was at least hinted that something irreversable happens to a person and his soul once he commits murder or uses one of the unforgivable curses. SS, having been a Death Eater has likely already done both of these, so the cosmic penalty for doing so again would be far less in scope than it would be for a thus far untainted DM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evidence to back up your point that something changes in your soul when you commit murder: Voldemort's soul-splitting necessitated murder.

Other random point: Someone speculated that Snape tried to keep HP from using an unforgivable curse. However, HP had already used the cruciatus curse on Bellatrix at the end of OotP.

disjunction
07-28-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised that so few are supporting Snape as a good guy. well, maybe not "good", but on the good side.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the surface it seems plausible, but there are certain things that just aren't done in literature (and I don't think JK Rowling is looking to break new ground). Having the killer of everybody's favorite character ever do anything again on the "good" side is one of them.

TheBlueMonster
07-28-2005, 01:09 AM
I think the Borgin and/or Burke idea is the best. My brother and I originally thought it was good ol' Reg Black, but the introduction of Voldemort working for B&B makes it the most logical. They do deal in objects that Voldemort would be interested in....

AEKDBet
07-28-2005, 06:09 PM
After reading the JKR interviews that Dynasty posted I think its pretty obvious that

1) R.A.B is Regulus Black
2) Snape is bad
3) The horcrux is the locket from Spamuel's post
[ QUOTE ]
also a heavy locket that none of them could open, a number of ancient seals and, in a dusty box, an Order of Merlin...

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty
07-28-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After reading the JKR interviews that Dynasty posted I think its pretty obvious that

2) Snape is bad
[ QUOTE ]
also a heavy locket that none of them could open, a number of ancient seals and, in a dusty box, an Order of Merlin...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

I think the big speculation now should be focused on what else Regulus Black did. When Harry discovers R.A.B. is Regulus, he may also learn that Regulus learned about, and possibly found, more than just the locket.

It will also be interesting to find out whether Kreacher knew anything about what Regulus was doing. Kreacher may have been kept around in the story so that he can provide (be forced) to give Harry information he needs.

ChipWrecked
07-29-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Kreacher may have been kept around in the story so that he can provide (be forced) to give Harry information he needs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hermoine will have a fit over that. But I don't mind. Kreacher is a little [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored].

Dynasty
08-30-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2) Snape is bad
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

I think the big speculation now should be focused on what else Regulus Black did. When Harry discovers R.A.B. is Regulus, he may also learn that Regulus learned about, and possibly found, more than just the locket.

It will also be interesting to find out whether Kreacher knew anything about what Regulus was doing. Kreacher may have been kept around in the story so that he can provide (be forced) to give Harry information he needs.

[/ QUOTE ]

For HP nuts like myself, the identity of R.A.B. seems to be confirmed as Regulus Arturus Black, younger brother of Sirius Black.

The Harry Potter Lexicon (http://www.hp-lexicon.org/wizards/regulus.html), an excellent site, says R.A.B.'s identity was confirmed "by a well-placed source 28 August 2005".