PDA

View Full Version : can the dealers quite possibly be any more oblivious???

Mikey
02-20-2003, 12:12 AM
Look I don't think no matter how hard you try to explain something, only a veteran dealer will know what to do in certain situations while others make me want to tilt even more than ever. What I am about to say makes my poor little heart drop down to my knees?

Fresh meat comes to the table, now when I mean fresh meat I mean FRESH MEAT.

Listen to this one....

A guy sits down at the table, he says, "so how do I play?"
"What do I do?"

A regular there quickly see's what's going on.....and jumps all over him, explaining to him, you get two cards, then the dealer is going to deal a flop in the middle, round of betting blahh blahhh blahh.....

My stomach now....is tingling..i'm getting that whole feeling all over my body...like the feeling when you are a kid and your parents promise to take you down the shore the next day..... I have a cheesy little smile on my face as does the regular.

Now comes the dealer situation: He's telling this newbie, that he can't sit at our table, he must sit at the next table over, the floor was nowhere to be found, pretty much all the dealer had to do was just keep him mouth shut cash the guy in and keep the game going. Instead the dealer stops the game briefly and tells the newbie that he must go to the other table.

The other table had 9 people...as I glanced over there...our table had 9 people.....what the hell is the problem??

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!

I was sitting in seat two......I stand up and lean over to get a good look at the dealers name tag, I didn't say a word and now he's never getting a tip from me again. That's all.

Dynasty
02-20-2003, 01:14 AM
Was the dealer right? According to the house rules, was the player supposed to go to the other table?

Mikey
02-20-2003, 01:41 AM
I should have been more clear...the player that came to the table was walking around and there was a seat open in our game and seat open in the other game. Some guys actually invited him to our table, he sat down. When the dealer told him to go to the other table the player said..."nahh....I don't like that table....I like this table and the guys at this table."

Regardless it wouldn't have made one ounce of difference had he went to sit at the other table or our table. Neither of the games were a must move.

It is the floor's job to seat people not the dealer. If the dealer wants to take on both roles then he should be wearing a suit instead of a tux.

Dynasty
02-20-2003, 01:55 AM
One of your dealer's jobs is to make sure players are properly seated in your game. If the dealer knows that a new player should be seated in the other game, then it is the dealer's job to at least make sure that new player isn't dealt into your game.

The dealer isn't there to make your game good or to increase your EV. He's there to make sure the game is run according to the house rules. It seems your dealer was doing exactly that.

Tommy Angelo
02-20-2003, 09:24 AM
"the floor was nowhere to be found"

Always one of the best reasons to steal from a dealer. The management was lax, the dealer did what he thought was right, so you decide to punish the dealer. Nice.

And it gets worse. What if it had been a tight player that the dealer told to go to the other table, allowing the novice player to come to your table? Would you now tip the dealer extra, even though from the dealers eyes, the situations are identical? Something doesn't add up here, Mikey.

Tommy

Mikey
02-20-2003, 12:22 PM
Tommy I have to apologize, sometimes I talk when I should listen and this is a clear example of when to listen and not talk. You bring up a good point.
I'll be quiet now.

Your right it's not the dealers fault.