PDA

View Full Version : 88 against a LAG. Flop moves.

AdamL
07-16-2005, 03:00 AM
UTG+2 is a little on the loose side, plays passively post-flop.

MP3 is a nice 71/41 type lag but only over 3 rounds. He's not just running good. Goes way too far betting his hands with stuff like Q/K high even.

I'm pretty sure this is all correct, but I'm curious what my plan should be on the turn and onward. I was thinking check-call it down if I get 3-bet on the flop, but is my hand vulnerable enough to require a turn check-raise?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

DavidC
07-16-2005, 08:57 AM
I think calling down is a decent line for the turn and river if you get three-bet. However, if you get called, betting the turn and check-calling the river might be good, as he's going to be betting a lot of rivers, but probably not calling as many as you bet. The exception, of course, is if he'll raise you on the river with every single hand he has, and the board's favourable, in which case bet-calling is the best line.

Also, if it's HU, then a TCR doesn't protect you from hands with 5 outs or more.

Currently, you're offering UTG+2 8:1 with a significant chance of being three-bet and capped (not good, as it would cost him now 5.25:1 with no chance of recovering the lost bets (10bb) ).

If UTG has a gutshot that's something like 96 with a nine of spades, though, you're in trouble, because he's got 8 outs, and you can't protect it (if he's a good player you can trick him into folding here, but if he's a bad player he's going to go to the river getting correct odds). /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh, neat! 96 is actually a GS+BDS, not just a GS, so add like a percent onto his equity, just for fun. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

--Dave.

Oh, and something kinda funny...

If you fold this river, ROLF SLOTBLOOM will call you weak-tight (see his analysis of the starting hand 77).

brettbrettr
07-16-2005, 10:30 AM
Looks standard to me. If he 3-bets the turn, I'd probably be done raising here.

Paxosmotic
07-16-2005, 10:34 AM
Yep, looks like a call down. I'm with you, though, I get lost after a LAG keeps the pedal down since he could have any and everything.